May Flowers - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - Week 3

x-posts Star - Mornings are my most favorite time too, im always at my most energetic thanks to being AF
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Good morning May friend,

Up bright & early due to an overly energetic puppy
      It must be nice to be so young!!!

Star, what you said about your son reminds me that nothing is really permanent, is it?
      I hope he flourishes in whatever he chooses to do!

chill, understanding the way the body utilizes the nutrients in our food is amazing, isn't it? Makes me wonder why we would ever consider eating or drinkling certain things........

I wish our MIA May friends check in soon!!!!!!
      Have a great AF Thursday! I need to get busy & make some plans for our holiday weekend cookout on Sunday.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

checking in Lav. Will post later this weekend. Wheeeeeeee..........
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Hi everyone

Checking in a little later than usual. Between exams and other daughter being home my routine has gone out the window. I too love mornings and lucky for my daughter I am an early bird, I have been doing the morning shift with the new baby!! She is settling in really well, you can see her becomming more confident every day.

So glad you managed your trip to your Mam AF Janice. Baby steps and hang in there.

LBH - your story as usual brought a smile to my face.

Star - glad you are having a few days off.

Papmom - any word from the job interview? You seem to be zooming around as usual.

Everyone else big hello and enjoy the rest of the day.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Quick checkin-entering the home stretch.

Nephew has Pneumonia and spent 7 hours in hospital in Dublin yesterday. Seems to be in good spirits tho. on antibiotics and has the next 4 days off before class again on Monday. I told him to drink lots of good strong Irish tea and to lay off the Guinness :H. My brother said he heard that a pint or 2 of Guinness actually has some medicinal qualities. But then again the researcher was from Dublin :H :H.

No word about the Job (# 6,8 10? I can't even remember what I'm up to now!!). Que sera sera.

Rustop-your puppy is adorable!!! What a joy!

Bouv-I LURVE reading your posts!! Please don't ever go away!

LBH-ditto for you!

Star-everything is so green and lush now! I'm loving it when I can. Can't wait for vacation and brekkie on the deck with the birds and fish!

Lav-glad the PI has gone!!

SD-ooh la la!! A date!!! Sounded good-will you be seeing him again? You are so brave!!

Chill-definitely volunteer at the Happiness Academy. Right up your alley and I just know something will come of it. Glad you're having a spate of good weather for a change!

Janice-welcome back! you done good and should be proud of yourself!! :l

If I missed anyone, please forgive. I can't believe it's 11:45 already! ZZZzzzzzz!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Hi everyone,

Another lovely day here in England after so many wet miserable weeks!

Star & Chill, I too love the mornings now ...there's something abt waking up Af that gives you a real buzz for the day ahead & you cant wait to get started, such a contrast to when we're drinking.

Thank you for all the support & encouragement this week. I couldnt have done that a few weeks back, visiting home & not drinking - unheard of!! I do feel different this time - the difference being that I dont feel as if I'm depriving myself. The Jason Vale book has really hit home. Hubby opened a bottle last night. I had no pull whatsoever. Decided yesterday as I must have saved abt ?100 the last two weeks, I have ordered a juicer from Jason Vale's site...my hubby has indigestion problems, my daughter has hormonal problems & me..well, we all know where my problems are - no, should say 'were'!! I was existing on coffee & wine...no wonder I had heart palpitations in the night!!! So, my thinking is that it will do us all good to get juicing!!! Its arriving today, got a free book with it as well so cant wait to get started. I am literally having to work out what day I'm on & that feels great in itself!!!

Have a great day everyone, I am very conscious that you are all so good at acknowledging the content of each other's posts!!! Apologies & do please bear with me as my concentration levels have suffered bigtime - the Jason Vale bk was the first book I've read for a few years, I'm sure there's sand up there instead of a brain!! Will check back later.xx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Good Morning Guys

Sun still shining here and its promising to be a good weekend, unbelievable so I will take full advantage as the rain will no doubt be back soon. I have no idea where I'm going but I just cant face another winter in the UK.

Papmom - dont you ever go away either, my face lights up when I see you have posted as I love to feel your energy :l Im so sorry about your Nephew, how awful to be in hospital in a foreign country, is he traveling with friends?

Lav - Im astounded every day by what our bodies actually have to cope with. I hope mine accepts my humble apologies for the years of abuse. I am making amends now by treating it like a godess. The great thing about this course is even if I never work as a Nutritionist what im learning is exactly how I want to live my life now.

Rustop - I hope you are enjoying this good weather too, isnt it wonderful how so many of us are now loving our mornings!

Has anyone PM'd Blondie? I hope she is ok, it wasnt until June she was going to Bermuda. I also really miss Sped, I loved to hear about her travels and all her alternative encounters.

Have a fun and funky AF Friday everyone!
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Hey all...

It's Friday and it is hot outside. We are in for a warm and humid weekend, and I am off! Today getting my hair colored, then home to clean and get laundry done, feeling healthy and energetic. Tomorrow we are leaving on our little visit, so a good long drive, maybe a little rain, but mostly sunshine. Woke up this morning to ants and it was disgusting, I found out they were coming in from the sliding glass doors, a little ant spray and they are leaving the premises. What a way to wake up though. Whew. It reminded me of when kids are little and you get up and have to be ON right away. I am used to taking my time,there are some benefits to getting older.

Chill, you have really had some weather this past year since your move. Does the UK normally have warm sunny summers? So interesting about the nutritionist course, I would love to help people eat healthy and feel healthy. It is wonderful that you have given yourself this gift, this learning opportunity.

Thanks to a site Lav suggested, I am going to work towards a certification in Japanese psychology and will attend a retreat/conference this summer. I was inspired by Chill, and thought if I don't do it know, when will I? Lav and Chill are seekers, and it just adds to life to learn new ways to think and do.

OK, I need to finish up a few things, then of to take care of my hair. Have a great day and share if you are doing something fun for the Memorial Day holiday.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Morning Glories!!

Chill-my neph is with a study group from Northeastern U and 2 of his professors are with them. My sis says everyone has been very supportive. In the FB pics, some of the students look to be older so I'm wondering if they are grad students. At any rate, he isn't alone thank god. I'm sure my sis would have put him on the first plane home if he was! One of the profs stayed with him at hospital the whole time.

Star-please expand: Japanese psychology???? Is it a certification offered in your field or is this something you want to do on your own? And what exactly does it do?

Blondie posted on FB a few days ago-I replied and she apologised for being MIA but all is good and they are gearing up for their trip. I'm hoping she will pop in soon.

Janice-I've looked for the Jason Vale book in all formats (esp. free!!) but can only find it on Amazon. I'm sure I will order it soon.

Unfortunately, my savings from not drinking have gone to food and I now am officially the heaviest I've ever been by 10 lbs and if my scale had it, the danger zone would be flashing. I still have trouble getting up in the mornings so I don't do walks and the rest of the day is just filled with work crap. I know I have to change and change fast or I will be facing bad things. I just don't have the energy to work on it. I know you all think I have this boundless energy but it doesn't seem to apply to healthy living.

I did get my hair cut and colored last nite ($100??) and I did pick up 2 outfits at my local Wally world as none of my summer stuff fits or is in good shape. I should make a trip to Savers and Good Will soon-try to get some casual suits.

I know the crux of my problem with eating and not exercising (or cleaing or mowing etc) is the huge feeling of being unsettled-I feel i"m balancing on something-am I leaving my job or will I be staying and hate it but be resigned to staying there for the next 15 years? I'm in limbo in my job, my house, my finances etc. So I eat. Crap. Chips, candy, ice cream. It's all about the sugar and salt and now even the newspapers are acknowledging Sugar is to blame for just about every thing wrong with us. Can't even hide it anymore!!
                    The day of reckoning is close-I can feel it. I need a monumental brain shift and know I have to bring it on myself. So daunting.....

OK, off to work-I'm in good shape for Tuesday. Clean up today and then I'm not thinking about work all weekend!!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Good morning Maysters!

Papmom - I honestly think you would benefit from some Hypno geared toward healthy eating. I think I may have a CD around here - let me look around
                      The thing about sugar (with me) is that it's so damn addictive. If I push myself to avoid it altogether then I'm OK. But if I allow myself to have some (jelly beans at Easter) then I just want more & more I have had a lifelong salt addiction too BUT I was able to kick that when I saw my B/P going up. Quaker makes flavored mini rice cakes that satisfy my desire to crunch on something tasty in lieu of chips

Star, you are going to the ToDo Institute??
                      How awesome is that? Good for you!!!! I hope you just love it there

chill, the weather has always affected me - big time, I think you are the same way. We both need to find the land of perfect weather

Janice, good luck with the juicer, sounds like a healthy trade off!
                      We truly can heal ourselves with good food, fresh air & a bit of exercise ~ Intensive Sef-Care!

OK, I'm off to Curves then back for a bit of work. Planning a family BBQ for Sunday,
                      Have a great AF Friday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Hi Everyone. Star, Japanese psychology has me intrigued. Thank you for reminding me not let things pass me buy, waiting for whatever it is I think needs to happen first. Pappy, thank you so much for sharing your difficulties with things that aren?t good for you. It has me thinking. Making the efforts I have made with alcohol has made me like the rest of us start looking at the bigger picture. Unhealthy eating really fits all the marks of addiction doesn?t it, we have our reasons and excuses for using unhealthy or excessive food, we sacrifice so many other things to have it in our lives, once we start we just want more, we lose our self esteem over it. Some relationships with people in our lives are like that too. Sometimes I feel I am being ?hit upside the head? with all of these things that have now become a potential choice rather than my reality. What a flood. For me eating well takes exactly the same tools I use for avoiding alcohol, most importantly never keeping anything bad for me in the house and finding viable, enjoyable alternatives. Like sobriety, once I really experienced it, I just wanted more, it was not a sacrifice. It doesn?t take much of the right food to feel peaceful and energized which I imagine was the original point of eating. I look forward to hearing what works for you. Lav has lots of resources (thank you nurse Lav!). You are a treasure and I can?t wait for you to feel as good as you are. Love to all, Ladybird.
                        may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

LBH,
                          I just saw some pictures of the wildfires burning out west. Any of that going on near you?
                          I know you've mentioned wind storms recently. I can't believe they are already naming tropical storms forming over here on the east coast. Geez......

My broccoli is calling to me........'come outside & pull some of these weeds Lav' :H
                          Guess I'd better go
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Oh Lav it is awful. The fire south of here is exploding (82,000 acres so fast) and no way to fight it as yet. We are not going to personally burn up but the smoke is horrid, I tended the garden this morning and now am wheezing; the health alert says we should not open windows let alone turn on the evaporative coolers so it is hot and sad. I think of all the old, sweet trees and the little creatures too young or slow to escape, the smoke has such anxiety. Thank you for remembering how crazy I got last year, I seem to be revving up into some degree of madness again. Thank you again for thinking of this, the season is indeed early and the drought fierce, the winds relentless. Love, Ladybird.
                            may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - Week 3

Good Friday Evening May Flowers!!

I am on the plane, flying home from sunny California. The guy sitting across from me in first class is picking his nose:eeew:..I changed my reservation....I was going to spend tomorrow in Palm Springs (I've never been there) but decided I just wanted to come home instead. Do you know how much more room I have in my suitcase now that I don't have to pack steel-toed shoes?:H My new client in Fontana, CA is a lovely, young Taiwanese man, and he took me to Market Broiler for lunch yesterday. I had a SHARK filet. Man, it tasted and looked like steak right off the grill, but it was so tender and much better for me. I am loving my new life. My hand was forced with my "change of status," but I must tell you I feel this enormous sense of relief not being in the automotive world anymore. I have more time, which I can (and do) devote to exercise and non-work related reading. I have been in ecstasy reading The New York Times cover to cover....as my mind for the last 5 months (and last year, too) have been monopolized by studying technical manuals. In addition to reading the highly informative NYT, I indulged myself in my routine-Friday-night smut....reading PEOPLE Magazine. There was a story on Robin Gibb, and a picture of The Bee Gees (I'm a huge fan) wearing their skin-tight (translated to WAYYYY too tight), white, satin leisure suits. Geez.....those guys were not, um, how can I say this politely....wearing any undergarments with adequate support. Sooooo.....they all look like they're giving directions without using a map!:H

Bouv-you're the only guy on this thread. Did you ever wear leisure suits?

Ok, now back to serious conversation. I don't want this thread to be known as the MATT (Monthly Abstinence Trash Thread).

Janice-I am so sorry to hear about your mam's declining health, but proud and happy for you that you are remaining AF! Isn't the Jason Vale book fabulous? LOVED IT! I read the Allen Carr book, too, but JV's book is better I think. Regarding juicing, my former boss (was was 70 and looked like she was in her early 40s) swore by the benefits of juicing. She never even took aspirin. I'm so glad you're here with us. This is a very thoughtful thread, isn't it? Superficial we're not.

LBH-I've been worried about you and those fires, too. I'm glad you're ok.

Lav-so you need the steel-toes to kill the snakes, huh? AARRGGHHH!!! I hate snakes....and bats, too! Happy broccoli picking!

Star-I want to learn more about Japanese psychology. I know nothing about it. You asked me what supplements my doctor put me on....the brand is called Pure Encapsulations. You can only get it through your doctor, and I am on Cholestepure, Tri-Efa, Ester-C, Niacin, B12, B6.....they all work.

Papmom-I feel so badly for you in that you are using food for comfort.:l Maybe supps like the ones I mentioned to Star might help you. Also, maybe you have an underactive thyroid? Lav and everyone....are right...the more junk you eat, the more you crave it. I speak from experience. I am glad your nephew is getting good care in Ireland.

Has anyone heard from Dill? Dill, if you are reading this, please come back. We all miss you and we need a nautical name for June.

I have to shut down my computer now, and will be back tomorrow. Lots of love to Chill, Rustop, Sooty, SD, Jolie, Fly, have a great night AF!!

xoxox

Rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X