AF Daily - Monday, May 21th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure - cauliflower is good for you. It's nutrient dense, lowfat & full of fiber & Vit C
    I was a weird kid......loved all the veggies.

It's good if you roast it with some EVOO, sprinkled with chili powder, chipolte powder, etc.

The good news is I didn't pick up the barfing disease from EB this weekend but I did end up with a cold. Guess I'll eat some cauliflower tomorrow
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aww. Lav too bad on the cold thing.

Re Cauliflower. I sort of like it. With cheese sauce on it. Cheese and I go way back. My daughter made macaroni and cheese the other day, and mixed raw cauliflower and brocolli bits in before she popped it into the oven for a 15 minute bake. It was exceptionally good. So yeah, I think there is a point to eating it. If you slather it up with other crap.

Now saurkraught. Is there ANY point in eating that? Or pigs feet, or brains? Or Dim Sum...which come to think of it has chicken feet, and brains, if they have any (sorry Lav).

I actually have a hard time thinking of a food I dont like. Not big on Poutine. Too poutiny. Or venison. Taste too much like it was just out in the meadow yesterday for me. And I grew up with a slaughter shed next to the dairy.

And ACTUALLY. I dont think i would like the taste of booze anymore. Thats something, isnt it?

Love to all.

Ima going to hit the hay. Shu is probably getting up right now.

kaslo

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

cauliflower makes a great rice substitute. you put it in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. then you can saute' it in a stir fry etc. it's actually really good. i also like cauliflower simply steamed with garlic butter. yummo!

here's some weird trivia concerning 'low fat' vegetables: they are actually utilized by the bod in the form of fats after a very long slow bacterial process in our intestines (vegetables are not digested in the human stomach). so our bodies turn vegetables into fat so we can use them. isn't science fun?

I love saurkraut so long as it's the real deal with live enzymes but you have to make that yourself now that our big mommy Gov'mint has mandated that it's all pasteurized.

now pigs feet I haven't quite rustled up the courage to try..... eeeeew.

hey, that's a very cool chia-monster you have there Kas. is that in your yard?

zzzz
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, there is a Romanian dish (well ... kind of a dip) of boiled and mashed cauliflower, mayo and raw garlic ... my dad's favourite ... not for the faint hearted.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
          X