Weekly AA Thread - May 21 - May 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see you all here this week. Mary, thanks for all the work you do to keep this thread alive.
    Hey DG, Congratulations on 4 years!!!! Can't believe it has been 2 years since we saw each other in San Antonio.
    It is great to be sober.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

phil: It's always good to see you here. I love this thread, & it's a joy to keep it going. It's my meeting in between meetings. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

hi people

I'm going through weird time with the steps good weird though, I tried doing them 2 years ago, the all knowing logical person I thought I was, but now they mean something completely different to me. I'm at a ahh I don't know everthing and don't understand this addcition and might never and don't need too but there is something working in this universe that I don't understand and maybe it can help me along. I still have certain blocks and unexplained fears but I'm so feckin willing to take this route and praying for a release from this

Don't know if this makes sence but this is where I'm at, hope you're all doing well
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugarbeat,
          I had to not allow my logical engineering mind to get in the way of my recovery. Once I accepted that AA program was obviously working for those people working the program I finally made some progress. As everyone says, it is a simple program, that is not necessarily easy to do.
          Good to see you here, don't give up.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

SB: I have to trust the process. Change is very difficult. That's what I was trying to avoid through drinking. The steps are a way to uncover my blocks from the past. I'm beginning to approach life differently as a result of doing my 12 step work. It isn't easy for me or for my loved ones. However, if I'm going to stay sober & be a fully functioning adult, I have to continue to uncover my blocks. Good luck! It's worth the struggle. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi fellow travelers! Sausage!! Congrats on 3 months AF! THAT IS AWESOME!

Phil - are you going to Atlanta in '15?

Sugarbeat - I echo what Phil said. I could not "get" AA until I let go of my logical willful thinking, and just got curious and open about what was working for other people. Don't feel strange - I think it happens that way for many of us. Enjoy the recovery journey!

Catch, I'm sorry to hear your husband doesn't completely understand. I hope you can work it out in a way that is comfortable for both of you.

Mary, I too have witnessed some relapses after long term sobriety. I'm grateful to have first hand information that we are never "cured." I'm perfectly happy not drinking today, and there is really no reason to ever change that. I just need to be reminded so the "stinkin thinkin" cant' take hold.

I got a new sponsor. Sister asked me to find a new one a long time ago due to her progressive battle with diabetes, cancer, and attending complications. I drug my feet for a long time but am finally starting a new chapter in the journey. Looks like another additional sponsee may be on the way too. That will be 3 active sponsees and 2 more that are still in touch occassionally. Lots of blessings this summer!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I realized at a meeting Friday morning that I didn't even think about "holiday drinking" at all leading up to this weekend. It is so fabulous to have my mind freed of the thinking, in addition to being free of the drinking. In the old days I would have been drunk before the 7AM meeting got started on a holiday weekend Friday.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG,
                Yeah, it is great to be free.
                I can't how much drinking used to control my holidays.
                Love and Peace,
                Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
                X