May Flowers - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - Week 4

Evening everyone. Lav we've got severe Tstorms now with large hail and frightening lightening. So glad I did't stop for errands after quilting and got home in time to let the pups out and close my windows!!

here is my nephew at the Cookery in Dublin. Isn't he sweet?

Star-Don't feel too bad. I really don't have 10 days off as I totally forgot about my weekend job :H. But since i like it so much it feels like 10 days!!

I'm going to sign off now as the storm is scaring me and we might have to repare to the basement. Will check in when it's over.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

HI May Friends!!!

Boy I had a TON of reading to catch up on!!! Not sure if I mentioned that I was going on a short vacation after school got out but that's where I have been...without any access to internet or pretty much phone service most of the time!!!:shocked: I know...what the heck?!?!

My mom and I took my son and my parent's exchange student to the Black Hill's for about 4-5 days to show him some historical/national monuments. We had a great time....although it was SOOOO cold up in the hills this weekend and we were staying in a log cabin...you know, to give him the "roughin' it" experience!! :H Anyway...we just got back tonight and my parents take off with him to Minneapolis on Thursday where he will fly back to Spain on Saturday....that will be very sad...although there has been talk of him coming back next year school year again?!?!? So we'll see!!

As far as my date before I left....I actually ended up going out with him again before I left (the night before)...he's very nice, easy to talk to, good sense of humor, polite...a bit old fashion--which is nice...not to bad on the eyes either! SOOOOO...let's have a few more details from the other date across the pond (ahem....that's you Chill....) :H

LBH--So sorry to hear about those fires...I had no idea...I hope you are ok and keeping safe. I really need to turn on a TV or something!! Keep us posted!

Pap3--hope you made it through the thunderstorms ok and no real damage was done....too bad there was no way to send the storms to LBH!! Hope the fence situation turns out ok too!!

Rusty--You really do sound fantastic these days!! I'm so happy for you!!!:l And CONGRATULATIONS on TWO amazing YEARS!!!! I wanted to tell you (and I think Lav also mentioned back a few days ago...or maybe it was PAP3...I don't remember...I talked with Dill before I left on my trip....school is done June 6th but she isn't feeling to well because she hurt her back. Last I talked to her she was only going in half days....I sent her an email tonight to she how she is feeling. Oh...and the tight suits...giving directions....NICE!!!! LOL!!!!!! Loved it!!

Lav--Another adorable picture of the grandkids and puppy!!

Fly and Dew...awesome to see you both posting this week!!! Big hugs to you both!!

Bouv--glad you had a nice visit with your daughter...I'm going to see my dad on Sunday...he's going to help me go car shopping!! He's printing out some Consumer Report Shopper guide for me tonight!!

Jolie--5 months is wonderful!! Awesome work!!

Janice--3 weeks is wonderful as well...all accomplishments are great!!!

Rustop--congrats to you as well!! Losing weight is SOO hard to do...you just have such awesome will power and drive...that commendable!!!

Star--glad you had a good time on your trip!! It sounded fun!! You'll just have to plan more vacations throughout the year to break up the long months!! Easier said then done, right!!

Well...I'm sure I missed someone, I apologize....but it's getting late and it'a been a looooong day.....I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!!
      SD
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Howdy SD! Great to hear from you. Your vacation sounds like heaven to me. Never been to the black hills before and believe me, after the last few days of 90 degrees and high humidity, cold sounds really good about now

Posted a huge message last night and then it disappeared right before my very eyes! Anywho - Lav - what an adorable picture! You are so blessed with your grandchildren. Watched a friend of mine this weekend with her 3 year old twin grandaughters and 1 year old grandson - I seriously don't know if I have the energy for that!

Janice - congrats on 3 weeks - awesome!

Papmom - hope you made it through the storms okay and another adorable picture! Your newphew is a cutie for sure.

Fly - I don't know if it's normal or not but I know I go through times of "sadness" too. Get into a mood and just can't shake myself free. Here lately when I feel that way I try to remember all the reasons I have to be grateful. Gratitude is a very strong thing and I think a lot of times it brings our lives into perspective. There could also be some kind of medical issue - have you talked to your doctor? I hate being on any medicine of any kind and have never been on an anti-depressant but have friends that swear by them. Anyhow - just my two cents and I bet you are happier and more energetic than you think

Okay - better get some work done - have a great day all!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Good morning everyone!

Dark & damp here this morning, huh Jolie?
          The heat is supposed to break tomorrow I think
          Being AF is the only way I could handle the kids.......if it wasn't for them I could still quite possibly be pickling myself in wine so I am grateful for them

SD, glad you had a nice trip! Good luck car shopping.
          You & chill have to keep us oldies entertained with your dating adventures cause God knows I will never go there :H

Papmom, your nephew is a cutie! Hope he enjoys the rest of his trip

OK, heading out to Curves, then the supermarket then back here to spend a few days with my daughter & Lily - fun, fun!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF humpday!
          Dill, sorry you are not feeling well - drop in when yuo can.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Hi everyone

Have had no internet since yesterday. Just had the guy out and we needed a new receiver/dish, its about quarter the size of the last one and he says the speed should be about double, happy days.

Hectic day as usual. Swimming, walk, school run and trying to organise things for my daughters birthday party.

Love the photos Lav and Papmom. Big hello to everyone else and happy hump day.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Hi Guys

Rustop - looks like our lovely weather is ending, its just started to pour with rain!

Lav - the boys are just gorgeous, Great photo! I hear you on them being a great focus for staying AF, you work damn hard taking care of them but I know how you love it.

Jolie - I bet you would find that energy when the Grandkids came along although you may have to give up the biking

Rusty - Red hair and freckles, do you also have emerald green eyes? You are a true Celtic beauty.

SD - I almost feel sad too that your folks exchange Student is going home, he has seemed such a part of the family. Maybe you can come visit him in Spain and drop by the Uk to say hi :hiya:

Papmom - Love the photo of your nephew and glad he is feeling better, is he studying to be a chef?

Star - I checked out your site and I loved it! Its now on my bookmarks and I want to know everything about your course. I copied some quotes down which are great reminders to stay in awareness and not to get caught up in the drama.

Janice - I know Chipping Campden! The Cotlswold are one of my most favorite parts of the country and if I stay in the UK thats really where I want to be.

Flyaway - Good to see you back and sorry you have been feeling down. I agree with Lav that depression is learned behaviour but equally the good news is we can change all that and learn new patterns of positive beliefs instead. One of the notes I copied from the ToDo site which I loved said "You are only depressed when you are noticing your depression". When we focus on something else it gives us momentary relief from the suffering and something to build on. Take a look at your sugar intake, sugar is now noticable my biggest mood downer.

Ok a "date up date"! Having spend half the night on the phone to each other which has seriously impacted my sleep! He discovered he had an early appointment today just a half hour away from me and suggested making a detour. He arrived here at 9am and I thought it would be for a quick coffee. However 5 hours later he left!! Yes it looks like we get along rather well and he is very easy company. As you guys know I feel very unconventional and find it hard to relate to most mainstream guys. This one is very alternative and shares many of the same spiritual beliefs I have. We have arranged to meet up again on Sunday :h
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Hello everyone...I've flown the coop of the nest and am looking for a place to call home!

I'm just past 8 months AF - and at least have figured out that I'm not home free. I need to be able to connect with others and remember how drastically different and how wonderful my life is now as opposed to staying topped off on vodka 24 hours a day...

I already get inbox messages from the Universe....:H so I think this thread might be a good fit?

~lola
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

I'm feeling shaken today. I found out this morning that an old friend of mine died from uterine cancer. I hadn't seen her in about 3 years. She has 2 teenage girls and a husband. She's not even 50. Always so bubbly and outgoing. The weird thing is that she came to mind about 3 days ago. I just started thinking about her and wondering how old her children were. I had no idea she was sick.

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

FlyAway - Im so sorry about your friend. I don't believe it was a coincidence you just thought about her,
                    we are more intuitively connected than we realise.

:welcome: Lolab to our wonderful family! :goodjob: on 8 months AF, that is a truly fantastic achievement :yougo:
                    There are many TUT subscribers here so you will fit right in.
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Okay Papmom, I've got to ask. What is that person behind your nephew wearing on his/her bottom? :H Right where his elbow ends. ???

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Fly - I am so sorry for the loss of your friend - not even 50 - that is way too young and especially considering she has teenage daughters and a husband. I agree with Chill - there was a reason you thought of her.

Chill - ummmm - sounds very interesting this new friend of yours. So so happy for you - sounds like you have a lot of things in common. You deserve to have someone special in your life and who knows - maybe this is the one

Lolab :yay::yay::yay: I am so glad you are here. I was just looking for you in the nest and couldn't seem to find you. You've been a special friend to me in the past and I am so glad you will be joining this thread!

Lav - think the heat wave has finally broken. Walked the dogs tonight and wasn't drenched in sweat by the end of the walk.

Saw an interesting sight! A wild turkey with about 6 little ones! Now I do live in "Turkey Point" and have seen an occasional wild turkey but never little ones. If I can manage to get a picture, I'll try to post it.

Happy hump day to everyone - Bouv, Star, Papmom, Dill, SD, Janice - anyone I've missed. Off to watch the end of the series the Hatfields and McCoys. Definitely siding with the McCoys (sorry all you Kevin Costner fans!)

Peace to all! Have a wonderful AF evening!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Oh Fly-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a shock that was for you! Prayers going out to her family. They must be devastated. :l

Leave it to you to notice what seems to be a lack of pants on that student :H!! I think it's a girl and I'm hoping she has short shorts on that were covered by the angle of my nephew's arm!! Hoping!!

Lola!! Welcome to the weekly abs thread!! 8 months is something to be very proud of! Before you know it will be a year and you be wondering how you ever managed sopping wet with booze day after day!! We look forward to getting to know you!

Chill and SD-great posts about your dates! I have a good feeling for both of you!!

Jolie-so funny you mention a turkey in your post. This morning on the way to work I was going 70 on the interstate when all of a sudden the brakes lights went on and cars started swerving. A turkey hen was trying to cross all 3 lanes going southbound from left to right!! No one wanted to hit her but in the right lane she got clipped good. She tumbled over and over feathers flying as I watched in horror. I thought she was dead but she got up, ran a few steps and flew right over the exit ramp into the woods!! Only god knows if she truly survived to see another sunrise. They have been so brazen this year and their numbers are unbelievable around here!!

Rustop-good luck with the new internet set up. I don't know what I would do without service!! Good thing I have my smart phone!

Well, its getting late but I don't think I'll get much sleep. The basketball game must be on as my neighbor's psycho kid is screaming his fool head off. I can't wait until their house sells and they move!!

See you all tomorrow!

W
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Good evening all,

Daughter & Lily here visiting ~ nice

Fly, so sorry about your friend!
                            It is difficult to lose friends so young, I know. I lost a good friend to liver cancer while we were still in our 30's. A healthy, non-drinking, etc person just suddenly gone. You really feel bad for the family left behind - hope they will be OK.

Lola, :yay: Glad you decided to join us! Congrats on your 8 AF months - great work!
                            Check in every day & let us know how you are doing

Chill, more changes happening for you, huh? Hope you continue having fun

Hi Papmom!

Jolie, I have seen & heard the wild turkeys around here too - thought I was going crazy!
                            I am happy that the sun finally made an appearance yoday.

OK, heading off to bed, wishing everyone a comfy night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Good morning to all...

Welcome Loab, hope you find what you need on this thread, feel free to contribute any and all about your journey. We are all seekers and encourage new learning and information about all kinds of topics.

Fly, sorry about your friend. When someone I know dies, I realize more than ever how precious our lives are and really want to make a difference and have every day count.

Chill, so cool you looked up that site. Doesn't it sound so useful and helpful? A real way of life! I am so excited and have finished the first book and CD. It is true, isn't it? You are only depressed when focusing on your depression. Focus on all the good supportive things in your life and watch yourself feel loved and supported. Hey, great you met a nice guy, early days are always fun, eh? Share what is special about the Cotswolds, I have read about them, but really don't know. We are going to finally get rain today and tomorrow, and we need it. I also notice that when I eat right, no sugar, etc., that my mood is stable and positive.

I am wanting to go to see that new Snow White and the Huntsman movie this weekend, it looks dark and scary. Fun. Since it is supposed to be kind of cool out, I have books to read and movies to watch. Also, want to plant some potted flowers. I love summer. What are our June name picks? Joyous June, Rare June Days, June Hotties, Enjoyin June...
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - Week 4

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in to say hello. It's back to work and travel for me today.

Fly-I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend, at such a young age.:l Your friend was lucky to have a friend like you.

Lav-the boys are so cute, and Matilda sure is growing!

Lolab-:goodjob: on 8 months AF and welcome to our cozy thread.

Chill and SD-I am so glad you've had some nice dates recently.

SD-It's nice to have you back after your relaxing vacation.

I really appreciate the link with regard to negative thinking.

Star-your words couldn't be more true:
                                You are only depressed when focusing on your depression.
                                Must run....big hello to everyone else and have a wonderful AF Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X