AF Daily - Sunday May 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H o l y c r a p whatishappening here?????

I will not slip, I will not slip, I will not slip....
    I had a lot of thoughts of drinking yesterday but held on by a thread. I'm overwhelmed and stressed to the gils but I do know it will NOT help if I listen to the beast's calls. I'll keep hanging up on him!!! I'm taking things one day at a time.
    Being human is hard and gosh there is a lot to deal with.

Papmom- you are my hero of the day. I'm sending positive thoughts in your direction.:l

Shue and TDN- it was one day. Please, oh please don't let there be a second. Stay close. :l

Kaslo- frightening dream. So glad it wasn't a reality. I'm sure you were too.

Turn- hi to you!!!

LVT- enjoy your vacay. Hope your son had fun!

Ok, I'm off to do more crap that I don't want to do. Remind me (please) not to move again for a while.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Reading through todays posts, I am struck by the genuine care and love and concern floating around here. This with a combination of other things again brings home to me the seriousness of this beast. Everyone of us are here because we have felt the pain and despair brought about by alcohol, the depths to which it brings us although different for everyone is so far from where our core beliefs, outlook and attitude to life lies, every cell in our body is crying to get away from it and it can pull you right back so quickly if we don't change, as painful and uncomfortable as it may be at times, alcoholism has nested crazy little beliefs in our heads. I want to be sober and I want everything else too, peace of mind, ease with myself, the ability to handle what life throws at me and to be able to trust myself. I'm not fooled I can never alcohol, it can pull me and every one of us back so quickly. I want to live a life where I can do everything apart from drink instead of a serverely limited life revolving around drink, depression and denial.

So bring it on, uncomfortable and yuck as it may be at times, face life not the bottle(its often not as bad as e build up in our alcoholic heads), all you people I have got to know here are too fabulous to go down with that ship. The replies today have also got me to pull up my big girls pants a bit higher today and for that I thank you all. In a funny way, what has happened our little gang in the last few days, is like that moment in a movie when all goes wrong, everyone is down and out, until the inevitable rise and success. As someone always says to be don't leave before the miracle is about to happen
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugar- well said!!!!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Almost-the serenity prayer might be of help here. You have every reason to be overwhelmed and stressed to the max but this too shall pass and soon you will be in your new home- a new beginning with none of the bad memories and only good ones being made.
          Fill in the blank with your favorite hero's name: "What would _______________ do in this situation?" An then do it. :l

Sugar-wow!! what great words!! I bow to you today!!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

PapM3 has the chops to do this. PLEASE read her post, if you havent. And kudos to Shue for recognizing and realizing that she is speaking the abs truth.

The thing about ex-alkies, we still bullshit ourselves and everyone else. I am in awe of you guys.

Kas
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

shue, TDN, Dizzy-Life is a learning process-every single day. What AL did was shut down that process. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging what happened and then trying something different to prevent another slip in the future. As kas says, we are masters at BSing ourselves so as long as we're being honest, no harm no foul.

I myself can't quite put my finger on what is making me feel the way I do lately. It isn't just the specific things that are going on, its more. The only way to describe it is that I feel unsettled. I don't feel like I am living my best life in the best place for me. I keep waiting for something to happen that will settle everything: a new job, the housing market to miraculously jump back to pre 2006 levels, my dogs to stop being them and start being the sweet friendly pets everyone else seems to have, my bank account to grow without much work from me.

Not going to happen is it? Some of it might-I might get a new job but that's about it. The rest I need to deal with and stop putting my head in the sand. I'm sure this is all about peeling the onion layers as Greenie mentions every now and then. It's not painless is it?

Let's all commit to peeling those layers and be ready to deal with whatever we find! Good or bad. AF, we can handle ANYTHING!! Drunk, NOTHING!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

What I love about this monthly abs thread and what keeps me coming back is that there is no BULLSHIT here. This thread has and always will be about holding one another accountable.

What I have learned in my journy to become and stay AF is that big girl pants are necessary at all times. There is no room for victim thinking or making excuses. I am the sum total of my reactions and I am 100% accountable for my actions. Living to these standards is not easy but it is the path to freedom!

What has made my AF path worth it is to be constantly learning, exploring, loving, and living my life to the fullest. There is no room in my life for alcohol.

:h
                M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Wow!

Lots of love & hugs to everyone today :l
                  Is there something in the air causing all this disturbance? Let's be sure to hold on to each other, don't let go of anyone's hand

Papmom, I just know that things are going to settle down for you. Please allow us to be here for you always!
                  You are absolutely right about beating ourselves up with AL for supposedly not being good enough. I did it because I wasn't a good enough daughter to make my father happy & love me, same with my husband.
                  Now that turned out to be a colossal waste of my time! Those two men were/are unhappy because they chose to be unhappy every single day. It never had anything to do with me. I have learned my lesson the hard way & there will be no going back into that darkness. Never ever!

Hello & greetings to LVT, Kaslo, M3, Almost & everyone still to drop in.

Lets all have a good night sleep & wake up to a fresh new day
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Amen Lav and M3!! And thanks Kas, Shue and Turn for the support regarding my post.

LR and DR are clean and guest ready. Tomorrow morning I tackle the kitchen, bath and bedrooms. Then a visit from my good friend as she heads back to Maine (I can't wait for my boyz to meet her 2 beautiful paps!!) and then some R&R at home and then LOBSTA!!!!! for dinner at my sisters complete with STEAMAS!! and possibly a swim in the pool if Mom Nature behaves. big if.

have a good night everyone and Lav, I promise to let you guys be here for me!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3

Lobstah and Steamahs. It's been so long since I've had either. Yummmm! With extra butter. Big hugs to you P3. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

xxoo
                      M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

I sense a weakening in the force (in my Obi Wan Kenobi voice)

everyone be strong! sending out good happy strong vibes for all in need xxxxxxxxx it appears very challenging times are upon us and we need to regroup to continue this fight for our lives. we should all have contingency/emergency lists handy for what to do when the going gets super tough and we feel we are crumbling. my list includes a list of phone numbers for sober friends and family that know my story. your list may be different of course.

was going over the calendar while on chat with Turn last night and realized to my surprise that I regained my 'year +' perfect sobriety status on May 8th. before that I had gone for nearly 3 years so I'm not going to jump up and down, but I'm at least getting back on track in a long-term sense more every day.

i must say it frightens me to see so many having al in the house during times of new sobriety. yes there will always be booze around us in the world, but while we are repairing our minds and spirits I think the home should be a safe and comforting place to take respite. (in my happy little perfect world) which I realize is maybe not a realistic archetype for everyone, but there's my 2 cents anyhow.

be well my loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lavande;1323976 wrote: Is there something in the air causing all this disturbance? Let's be sure to hold on to each other, don't let go of anyone's hand
                          Yes and yes. I'll try not to sound nostradamusish as I say I think the universe is shaking us up a bit. P3, it's that unsettled feeling you describe. Now is the time to really pay attention, learn to be stable and grounded because things may get crazy. Now is the time to be able to tune in to your inner voice so you can hear it when you need guidance. It took me a while to be able to do that once I quit AL. I'd sort of forgotten since I spent so much time in the haze. So seriously, stay put on the wagon.

I went to the swamp tonight to watch fireflies in synchronization. I'm not looking up the spelling - I think it's close enough. It's this little window of time in their life cycle. There were tons of them in the swamp but I didn't really see synchrony. ESPECIALLY without my fecking glasses. 2 nights in a row I've forgotten my glasses and had to drive home with sunglasses on. Crikey!! Anyway, being in the swamp in the dark is cool. With a friend so I didn't get creeped out by rustles in the brush.

Det, congrats on your year!! :goodjob:

Bed.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

God Greenie you are funny sometimes. Laughed my ass off on that one.
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                            X