Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday May 28th

Happy Memorial Day my Fabbie Loves.

I have a horrible headache today but wanted to check in. Today is 100 days for me. I went to a birthday party last night for my niece and was offered wine about 5 times by my sister-in-law. It didn't even tempt me. I'd rather be present in my world rather than existing in it.

Love and peace to you all. Sorry I'm not doing personal shout outs now. If this headache eases up I'll be back. :h

Comment

Fly, congratulations on 100 days AF!!:goodjob: I miss you on our thread. I'm so proud of you.

Comment

Hey kaslo, enjoy the bike but be careful
        I'm scared to death to get on one anymore, used to love riding.

Hi again shue & papmom.
        Enjoy your company today papmom, congrats on the clean house

caysea, CONGRATS on your 4+ years AF!
        I am protcting my quits with everything I have as well.

Fly, sorry about the headache but big CONGRATS to you on 100 AF days :yay:
        I'm so happy that you are able to socialize & not be tempted, good for you!

Rusty, I just said hello to you on the other thread :H

I watched a documentary last night (70 some minutes long) on Netflix called 'FoodMatters' if anyone is interested........pretty good
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Fly-Big congrats on 100 days!! On to 200!!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Fly- happy, happy 100 to you!!!!!
            :l
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Fly - I am so proud of you and your 100 days...and counting! You, me, Shue and a few others all started around the same time and I'm thrilled we're finding the ways to stay with this great life free of addiction.

I ache for those who get sucked back in. It certainly has been scary around here watching so many of our FABulous ones dancing on the edge of the dark abyss. It is also gratifying that all (I hope!) are back in the safety of AF living.

Caysea....it's always a wonderful addition when you pipe up here. I always learn something from you. Like you, I am completely convinced that relapse=death for me. And I've heard both Mom3 and Lav say...they don't think there's another quit within themselves. Same here. That being said...I don't see any of us living in fear. I see us thriving. We simply don't go near the abyss. We don't have to. No one makes us. No situation - good or bad - can force us there.

Sadly...the majority of the people who come to MWO for help and support....just end up disappearing. This addiction is so powerful. We've all heard the stories.....(("BUD")) was sober for ((x)) years and had one drink and that was it. It doesn't matter whether you've got 1 day or 100 years of AF living...that ONE drink reopens the door to addiction that took such a tremendous effort to shut. There's no magic lock. To stay free of addiction we have to stay away from the addicting substance. Once and for all and forever. Amen. And that can be as easy...or as burdensome as we choose to make it. Personally...I like the easy way. Less stress and way more fun.
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Well done Fly on 100 days, may you have thousands. You have done SO well!!!

Hi Caysea. Ive read your posts before. Thank you for posting, very true what you are saying.

Edited for a shout o ut to Turn... Its possible that some people quit and they really DO quit and they just dont come back to MWO. I have seen this happen on another site I visit. Some people just plain move on with their lives, and I suspect they dont even want to think about the past or anything having to do with AL. AND of course their must be relapses. There have to be, 95 percent according to my reading, but not necessarily permanent relapse.

Im out from work early. In my motel room in Nakusp. Lots to prepare for, tomorrow is a field meeting with the clients. Hope everyone is doing well. Lav, I was terrified too, but I just want to ride slowly on the flat and gentle slopes, and enjoy the scenery and breezes. I used to love it, but with the two hip replacements I am terrified of falling. I will post a pix of my bike when I finally get it this friday aft.

Kaslo
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

beautifully said Turn!! I'm all for the easy way

Kas-can't wait to see your new bike! I too was petrified when I got mine a couple of years ago. This is the summer I take it out of the shed and ride the rail trail the whole way (now that I can buy a bike rack that fits in the hitch receiver). Then DD and I will do have the rail trail (he's not allowed on the back 9 so to speak) a couple of times this year. It's a nice flat 5 mile trail on dirt. Really looking forward to it.

wonderful day today as I expected. Great visit with my friend-the heat and humidity held off until the afternoon. Got to my Sis's house around 5 just as the heat/humidity went away and a breeze popped up for most of the nite. I did not swim-just hung out by the pool and then later in the screen house. Ah, luxory! Dinner was fab-lobstahs were hardshelled and dangerous!! I sliced my thumb open!! Not been a good week for me-I'm going to Orientation tomorrow looking like I just came out of combat! Burn on my left arm, HUGE colorful bruise on my right and a bandaged thumb!! Steamers were great too-no sand and they were safe :H. Great early corn on the cob, salad and a banana pudding and fresh berry parfait for dessert. My sister gave me new Bose speakers that I didn't expect (she works for Bose and this is the time of year the employees get great discounts)-I had mentioned a few weeks ago that the ones she gave me for xmas a long time ago never did work right and I just never called the service number to get help or told her about it. Felt very bad and now she goes and gets me new ones!! Can't wait to crank up the stereo! I also took the last of the pavers they said I could have that came out when they got the new patio put in. I now have about 20 of those nice, heavy rectangular thick pavers that look so nice as a landscape border. By the end of the summer my front yard is going to look like something out of Better Homes and Gardens!
                  Got those suckers unloaded and the dogs pottied just in time for the T-storms to start rumbling. Will probably be a noisy nite but again Sis to the rescue with foam ear plugs that she bought in bulk at BJs.

The only thing to ruin a perfect weekend (despite the injuries and setbacks of mower and dryer crapping out) is going back to work tomorrow!! :H

Have a great nite all!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good evening all

Had another nice family day (unexpected but nice anyway).
                    Hot as hell here & no thunder storms - not a drop of rain so I did water my garden.

My DIL is starting her summer classes tomorrow so I am on the schedule to watch the grandsons. Oh boy, I hope the weather lets up a bit.....keeping them inside all day is tough

Turn - great minds think alike
                    Staying away from the offending substance is the only choice for us & I am perfectly OK with that

OK, wishing everyone a good night!
                    Papmom - be careful lady ~ no more boo-boos :H

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

weeeeeeeee! what a nice day in my AF world

went to the movies with my dear Dx today and we giggled and snuggled our way through Men in Black (in 3D no less) it was much better than I expected, in fact is was very well written and acted I'm pleased to report.

Caysea good to see you matey!

Fly very well done dear!

wonderful to see you all

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X