Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday, May 31st

Good glorious morning, affies,

I slept in late this morning and I am now posting from my nice big hotel bed, enjoying the view and a lovely cup of coffee. I remember the mornings last year when I'd get out of bed at 6, not able to sleep because of the mild to medium hangover, trying desperatly to look more human with a forced run outside, a long shower and expensive face masks.

Instead, I chose to spend the morning with you. I am serving an array of Nespressos from the little machine in my room. Sugar, come and get your decaf on the balcony. Pap, I have Darjeeling for you today. Dizzy, I was looking for you and saw you were having unexpexted guests when you had to work.

Det and Pap, you crack me up! Most of my difficult clients are short men with huge egos. They need a bit of towering over from time to time. I have good height ( 1.72m) but when I get on heels I gain an extra 10-14 cm depending on how bitchy I feel. That makes me a good deal taller than the male popluation here.

I am flying home at noon, but I have to cramm a few more meetings in first.

Hugs hugs hugs.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Howdee fellow abbers..

Just checking in to say Hi and let you know that I am still alive . Things have been crazy crazy busy both personally and at work, so I have not had time to read let alone post! All is going great and still going well on the AF time.

Hopefully I will have more time to spend here when things settle down a bit.

Miss you guys and I miss the chats
    xx

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!

Shue, thanks for the coffee and for the reminder of how horrible it was when we were drinking. My slip last week was very scary, but I am grateful that it didn't become a full blown relapse.
      Mumof2, good to hear from you and good to hear that all is well with you!
      I cut bunches of lilacs yesterday, and the house smells wonderful! We have purple and white, and they bloom later than most. Will cut more today. Lucky they were not completely ruined with the rain storms we've had.
      Last night, around 7:30, one of our dogs was lying by the front door, as usual. He suddenly went crazy-trying to bark, whcih is hard with his laryngeal thing, and we looked out to see a big moose in the front yard. I went for the camera, but the barking madness scared him, and Mr TDN saw him run into the woods. I didn't think they ran that fast!! Ten minutes later, same thing, but this time it was a different moose--smaller, according to Mr TDN. Ran behind our cottage before I could grab the camera again! A neighbor had seen four of them about 1/2 mile down the road in a field last weekend, so guess we have a family. I made Mr TDN go out with the dogs last night, as I was afraid onemight have been lurking and could trample one of the boys. I just hope they don't go into the road, as we have the speeding workmen whom Barney Fife ignores and it would be a very nasty sight if one of the cretins hit a moose:upset:
      Bud goes for chemo today, and Mr TDN will drop me off at the shop so I can make sure my friend is okay for her first day alone. We got boxes yesterday and things need to be tagged and some kind of inventory taken, and we are supposed to do this with just one person on. At least I'll be able to check out some other shops and maybe even walk over to the gym, so I'm okay with that.
      Hope everybody has a great AF day!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning, sorry no time this morning, we are working remote sites with lots of walkins, through rough steep bush, but if lucky on an old road. Im 58 so keeping up with a younger fitter crew is a challenge. I was knackered yesterday. Thinking how this will make riding my bike easier though. Also today its raining, and that really slows us down a lot. Big shouts to Shue, Turn, Fly, Pap3, TDN, Sausage, Sugar, Sunni, Greeneyes, LVT, Diz, Det, Lav and all others I. Everyone stay clear and well, please. BTW it was a lot easier to handle the eegit client aholes with no residual effects of AL what so ever than previous years when I would have definetely been sober for a number of days but still forgetting what my train of thought was. Focus focus focus. Love it, and when combined with some level of physical fitness, nothing can beat sobriety.

Love you all and think of you when I am down on the beaches.

Kaslo
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends,

Just checking in before I start another busy day. Now with Memorial weekend over I have a week off from the cemetery so I'm trying to catch up on my other work and various volunteer projects plus my own stuff.

I have been trying to get ready for vacation bible school which I found myself in charge of--and this has been extremely frustrating for me because no one seems to want to step up and help. Yesterday I was at my worst and ended up being rude to someone I didn't even know. (long story) Anyway this has left me thinking I need to let go of a few of my volunteer obligations. I am thinking of resigning as Sunday school teacher--at least until both boys are out of high school. #1 son will be a senior and #2 son will be a freshman next year and I don't want to have to worry about being here every weekend. There were 3 of us teachers and it seemed like I ended up with 75% of the responsibility.

Our 4-H shooting club is also taking a bunch of my time, but I do have great parents that will jump in and help out. I will probably continue on with the leader position there as long as I have help.

Any ways, the chicks are growing, we have lost 2 for some reason. I will try to take another picture each week and eventually get them posted here. It is just easier to post on FB.

After a few trips to the greenhouse and lots of looking on Pinterest I bought 3 pretty pink rose shrubs for my new front yard and a pink peony--plus some various other perennials. I hope to get something done with that project today. The crops are popping up in the monster garden (and so are the weeds) the wind is so bad that I'm having trouble keeping the plastic on my greenhouse. It just won't rain here, so I'm having to water a lot! Since hubby bought me a seeder I decided to go with lots of row crops this year. Sweet corn and green beans mostly, with a huge pumpkin patch. My youngest has a chance to go to Europe with a group next summer so told him he can take over and sell sweet corn and pumpkins.

I am going to make a quick trip to the farm this weekend to see about going through my sister's personal belongings. My BIL wants us to do this, but I'm not sure what he means. The entire house is full of her stuff. I will do what I can and then maybe come up with a plan for the rest. If he has an auction later, it would make more sense to me to go through most of the stuff then. I am not looking forward to the task.

I love reading all of your posts and hearing about everyone's interesting lives!
          Have a great sober day all.:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Nice to see you shue, Mum, TDN, Kaslo, LVT & greetings to everyone else!
            Great to see everyone busy & thriving

My girls are on their wayhome now, we had a nice visit. Lily is getting so big & she's turning into a real commedian at the age of 15 months. She love to boss everyone, the dogs & even the chickens :H

LVT, I can imagine how hard it will be going thru your sister's things. I had to do that all alone with my Mom's things (I think I held my breath the entire time )
            I always get 25-30 chicks at a time & there's alwyas a few that don't survive. Freaked me out the first time, I wasn't prepared for that. Are you keeping any of your chicks for eggs? I wasn't sure of your plan.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Shue--so funny, I'm 1.78m barefoot (had to look up the conversion!) and I intimidate the hell out of most men! Sometimes it just needs to be done.

MumofTwo--Nice to see you again.

TDN--I'm always seeing deer around here but I can't begin to imagine hitting a moose! How much longer does Bud have to get chemo? Poor baby.

Hi Kas. We'll be expecting some beach photos later.

LVT--Holy moly you sound busy. It does seem like something has to go. You can't do it all. I wish you strength with sorting through your sister's things. That sounds like a painful job. :l

Lav--Lily is such a sweetie. I really enjoy your photos of her and Will and EB. Lily has such beautiful eyes (although not evident in this photo!).

Well I'm not in the best of moods today. I'm sure most of you know about my chronic headaches. I get Botox injections in my scalp and neck every 3 months to help with them and the injections are a tremendous help. But when the 3 months has almost passed my headaches start ramping up and I start feeling worse. Like I do now. My appointment was set for next Tuesday. I've got the Botox in my fridge, ready for the doctor. The doctor's office called this morning and cancelled my appointment! I was lying in bed with an icepack on my head. They told my husband that there was an emergency and that I could call back in 2 weeks to set up another appointment! That is to set up the appointment. Sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get an appointment with this doctor. My husband told them that this was unacceptable and that I was in pain now. He insisted that they give me a new appointment ASAP. So the soonest the doctor can see me now is June 26th. F*CK!

I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 3 and a half weeks but I'm also worried about my doctor. I really like him and he's only 10 minutes from my house. I live in the middle of nowhere so having one so close by is a blessing. He told me last year about a problem with the person doing his billing and how he almost had to close up his business because he hadn't been paid for several months, but he eventually got that fixed. Then he changed his entire office staff. I asked about that and he told me that he asked them to take a modest pay cut and they quit. Finally he lives a few houses away from me and my husband and I have been remarking that we haven't seen him around lately where we used to see him about every day walking his dogs. I don't know if there is trouble in his marriage or if something else is going on, but I'm afraid that I'm going to get a phone call that he's out of business even though he's been doing this for 25 years. It takes a long time to get an appointment with a neurologist around here and to find someone who does Botox injections is even harder. Plus they won't do Botox the first time I walk in the door if it's a new doctor. Plus I paid over $200 for the Botox sitting in my fridge that I'm sure another doctor wouldn't use since he didn't order it! Thank God for insurance because if I had to pay for it all it would be over $900!

Comment

Quick hello from me.

Fly- I'm sorry about your headaches. I can't even imagine. What a nightmare to have to wait that long to see a Dr.
                I'm tall too like you and Shue.

Lav- great pic. Love the fab swimsuit. She's darling.

LVT- that is sad that you have to sort through your sister's things. On a different note, I need to investigate pintrest. I'm out of the loop!

TDN- love the smell of fresh lilacs.

Hi to Shue, Mum and Kas ( beachy would be peachy!!!) and all the rest of y'all.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

wow TDN!! 2 moose in your yard??? part of me thinks that is wicked cool, the other part would be scared to death!! Hope the chemo went ok for bud and the store for you. I'm glad you didn't have a major relapse too. Stay scared OK? Oh, and Lilacs are my fav! All the ones around here have gone by. Boohoo.

Fly-I'm so sorry about the migranes and the botox stuff. it sure sounds like something is wrong with your doc. If they canceled your appt that is 5 days away and told you it was an emergency (by definition an emergency can't be scheduled!!) then something is rotten in Denmark. I'm sorry it's going to take so much effort to find a new doc but I hope for the best for you. Too bad you can't learn to give yourself the injections!!

Kas-be careful running around in that terrain!! Glad your feeling your oats tho!!

Shue-thanks so much for the darjeeling tea. Yummo!!

LVT-You are a smart woman for stepping back from the volunteer responsibilites. Those things are never spread around fairly-its always one person who shoulders the load. Time for someone else to be that one person. Can't wait to see pics of the new plants! Thought and prayers will go with your to your sister's house. I'm sorry you have to do this.

Lav-Lily is a bathing beauty!! What a great pic!! So you have a pool in the yard? Nice.

Hey almost, mum2 and anyone else lurking. quiet today.

I passed on the dishwasher. In very sad shape despite what was said on the posting. Officially on vaca today. Tomorrow I'm attending my neices chorus competition in western ma and then us 3 girls are going outlet shopping in Lee.
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi everyone. Oh Fly, I am sorry about the headaches, that must be a horrible burden. Im with P3 on the injections. I had to learn to give myself bloodthinner injections, and diabetics have to every day. How hard can it be? Lav, you know what might be wrong with this...? Ok maybe an injection into the neck might be a bit of a tight situation.

Also I too live in the middle of nowhere, and have lost docs who burnt out, moved away, disciplined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons.... (wtf?). We just could not let ourselves get too attatched to a doc here, because there are only a few to go around and it doesnt take long before they cant wait to get out of where we live. A plus is every doc in town knows most of the patients, as they all have to do their time in the local emerg clinic, so in effect I have about 7 docs in my little town. And I am pleased to say I need them less and less as I get older.

So back by popular demand, a beach. However, this was really a wild cold wet day today at McDonald Creek Park, but this is a wilderness park beach, not a typical BC city park. No blankies, surfurs, tanners or hot dog stands.

love to all, kas
                    Kaslo

Comment

Hey everybody! Glad to see everyone hanging tight and AF with life's stuff swirling around.

Kax I have to say, your photos are like magic for me. They seem to be able to settle something in my core as I look at them. I'm so glad you enjoy sharing them.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Kaslo;1326507 wrote: Hi everyone. Oh Fly, I am sorry about the headaches, that must be a horrible burden. Im with P3 on the injections. I had to learn to give myself bloodthinner injections, and diabetics have to every day. How hard can it be? Lav, you know what might be wrong with this...? Ok maybe an injection into the neck might be a bit of a tight situation.

Also I too live in the middle of nowhere, and have lost docs who burnt out, moved away, disciplined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons.... (wtf?). We just could not let ourselves get too attatched to a doc here, because there are only a few to go around and it doesnt take long before they cant wait to get out of where we live. A plus is every doc in town knows most of the patients, as they all have to do their time in the local emerg clinic, so in effect I have about 7 docs in my little town. And I am pleased to say I need them less and less as I get older.

So back by popular demand, a beach. However, this was really a wild cold wet day today at McDonald Creek Park, but this is a wilderness park beach, not a typical BC city park. No blankies, surfurs, tanners or hot dog stands.

love to all, kas
                        Wow Kas. That is magnificent.

Comment

Ok one more, thats not so forbidding, but still a wild beach in the M of N W. LOVE that you guys like these.

Kas

This is the western shore, Arrow Lake.

Kaslo

Comment

Beautiful pics once again Kaslo - thanks
                            I'm so used to looking at cows & corn when I leave my house......your pics really hit the spot for me!

Fly, have you ever gone to or considered a pain clinic for migraine Tx?
                            I'm so sorry that you have to wait so long to be seen I hope you catch a break real soon!

I need to go grab some well deserved sleep.
                            Good night to one & all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew! it's so hot here, but at least i don't have the dreadful AL-induced sweating is used to in the blurry old days.

Lav, what a cutie you have there

LVT, I'd love to help with your 4H shooting club but it's a bit of a drive from Reno

Fly, have you tried a 30 day stint of a grain-free, dairy-free diet? it's worked miracles for so many including folks that don't show positive for gluten intolerance.

Kas your picture has such wonderful depth, like I could walk right into it.

well, I had a nice work day up at Tahoe, just gorgeous up there.

be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X