X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Joy - June Week 1

Pretty fabric papmom

I'd stick with the velcro - honestly.
    If you were doing cushion covers for your formal living room that might be another story. I think the velcro closures are perfect for your camper.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Hi everyone..just popping in quickly to let you know I'm still around but have been posting on a smaller thread where there's a few people like myself "just starting" out!! Today is Day 30 for me & I'm hoping Bouv might pop in to celebrate too!!! Wishing you all a great AF day!
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Good morning everyone

:goodjob: Janice and Bouv. The first 30 are always the hardest, once you get into the swing of things it becomes easier.

It is absolutely lashing here and more promised. No walk and got soaked going to the bank, ugggh.

Better stop making excuses and go and clean my house. Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Good morning,

Goodness, where is everyone?

Janice, CONGRATS on your 30 AF days - great work :yay:
          We are happy to have you here with us, stick around!

Well, I was supposed to be watching the boys today starting at 7 am but they never showed up. I assume my son changed his work schedule & is watching them while DIL is in class. Communication is not always what it should be with them.

Guess I'll go out & pull some weeds from my veggie garden
          Have a terrific AF Thursday everyone.
          Lav

Cross post Rustop - Greetings!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Morning Joyous Juners!

Chill - hope the homesickness subsides but sounds like a good plan - giving yourself a set amount of time and if you still feel the same way, making a change.

Lav - still chuckling over the picture of Lily. Ummmm - is this what I have to look forward to?

Heading to the beach tomorrow with my daughter - haven't been to the beach in years (hubby is not a beach person). Looking forward to some mommy/daughter time as it seems we haven't spent a lot of time together recently. Maybe I can change her mind about the "not having any children" decision

Papmom - cushions are lovely! I so loved the years that we went camping when we were young - I'd love to do it again.

Janice - congrats on 30 days! Awesome job. Hope you still pop in here from time to time but I definitely understand that it helps to share with those that are in the same place right now.

Where's Bouv? Where's Lolab? Miss them both!

Happy Thursday to Rustop, Fly, Rusty, SD - hope I didn't miss anyone.

Have a great AF day everyone!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

HI All!!

It does seem pretty quiet around here?!? Is everyone working hard or something??

Lav--I LOVED that picture of Lily!! Absolutely priceless!!! And she is still such a doll even when upset!!! I'd have a hard time not smiling when she did that--just cuz she's so cute!!

Pap3--Nice job on the cushions!! You are one very talented lady!! I wish I knew how to sew, even...I don't...my ex husband was great at it though...I think I may have told you he made a quilt when we were married....and got the sewing machine when we divorced, while I got the big TV so I could watch football!!:H

Congrats to Janice and Bouv on 30 days!! That's such an awesome feeling to get those first 30 days behind you...you'll be so surprised how fast the days start adding up now!!! Great job!!

Jolie--have fun at the beach!! Good luck at changing your daughter's mind about children. Is she still pretty young yet? I bet if she is, she will end up changing her mind in time...people seem to be waiting longer and longer to have babies these days...and it kinda makes sense--looking back!!

Rustop--ugh cleaning!!! Not my favorite....I finally got someone to come in and help me out twice a month...but I'm not really liking her anymore...I don't think she does a very thorough job...I'm VERY much a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning and she isn't doing it very well I don't think...and I'm not even being that picky I don't think!! I think she maybe be going bye-bye!

Well....I had my friend over for dinner last night....and he met my son. I figured we'd been talking for about a month now and had gone out 4 times...and I have had no red flags go up so far...he only stayed for 2 hours as he had to pick up his kids from bible school at 8. My son liked him...said he seemed really nice and asked me why he always smiles?? ANd he's right he does, he seems to always have a smile on his face...which is funny because the kids at school tell me that all the time too....my son would tell you differently I'm sure..LOL!!! Anyway.....:h

Yesterday was Dill's last day of school...maybe she will be around more...and hopefully her back will start feeling better too!! Hope so!! Also, is Sunni gonna pop back in here or what?! LOL! Sped, too, I miss her!!

Ok...I need to get movin'...lots to pretend to get done today!!! Have a great Thursday!!
              SD
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Hi Jolie,

Your daughter will probably do what mine did. After years of telling me she didn't want kids, one day she decided she did & that's how we got Lily!
                Only little girls can produce such drama over something as stupid as being told to eat lunch :H
                She wanted to be out on the deck playing, not inside eating lunch!!!!
                Grandsons produce other sorts of dramas/mysteries, etc

Enjoy your trip to the beach ~ I miss going too.......

I'm making cream of broccoli soup (vegan style) with broccoli from my garden & organic veggie broth I made yesterday in the crockpot. I am also experimenting with cheese/sausage hot pockets (vegan of course). My DIL & grandsons will help me do the taste test tonight.

I just want to know why I can't find vegan pepperoni in the supermarkets around here. Has anyone ever seen it or tried some??
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Hey SD - cross posted
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

hi there! Jolie, thanks for asking about me. I'm here - reading a bit but not posting much.

I keep going back to those two photos - Lav, Lily's pic is just adorably funny....I think because that's how I was as a kid, and also because I don't have a little girl - LOL. Great photo. And papmom, there is something sooo very familiar about that material! I keep trying to figure it out! I don't know if my previous cushions were like that? or the wallpaper in the guest room? hmmmm.

I'm feeling a little detached lately - from here - but am trying to be really watchful that I don't start drinking thinking. It's an incredibly busy time of year so I'm thinking it's that. When I do post, it usually takes me lots of time to focus on who and what I am addressing...and I can't seem to find time to do half the things I want to do lately! I'm feeling really strong and committed - I guess maybe just another phase....if I start saying things that make you think otherwise - please call me on it, ok?

I'm pooped.....
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

oh, I realized that i've gone almost the entire school year without drinking...my boy's 8th grade year...and I was always present. :wd:
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 1

Hey Lola,

May I suggest you squeeze a little meditation into your busy routine?
                        I say this because I have found it really helps center me, even clears up some of the brain fog.
                        You are doing great & your 1 year AF anni will be here before you know it, stay cool! Your son is at that special age where he needs your undivided attention & that's what he's been getting ~ great!

I ended up watching my grandsons from 4-10 pm & I am pooped as well :H
                        God it takes a massive amount of energy to handle them, the puppy, the piggy swissy, the chickens, dinner, etc. No way I could do all that with a hangover!

Glad this day is done....wishing everyone a good night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                        X