AF Daily ~ July 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ July 5

Lilly you are welcome hope it works for you too....just about an hour ago had a bit of a think..oh well it Friday, one wont hurt,but as we know 1 isnt 1, so sat and thought.. why did I want one, what are the benefits and advantages.. if I had a drink then I couldnt drive so that narrows your options, read the demon letter,wrote my diary then came on MWO.. now it has gone.One thing ..if you say you are going to write a diary, do so at the time dont think well I will remember and fill it in later... whilst you are writing I found the craving decreases .Sound like an expert but Im only on day 3, but again part of my strategy is to tell others that may be going through the same
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Daily ~ July 5

Hi Lily! Welcome to our group!
      Anyone is welcome-our only requirement is that you are serious about sobriety. We all are very serious and don't tolerate people who come on board and don't take this struggle seriously or who think its OK to talk about their imagined successes with moderating. Those of us who have 1 or more years of being AL free under our belt didn't get here by taking this journey lightly. And yes, we will kick your arse if you give us any BS about what led you to relapse or "just have one". If you can just have one and leave it at that, then you don't need MWO or us. Having said that, we can be the most supportive, loving, caring group of people you'll ever want to meet or hang with. We truly care about each and every member and it hurts us deeply when one goes astray. We understand this addiction is a disease and not everyone, almost no one, is successful on the first try. But at some point you have to 'get it' and accept what AL does to you and why you can't ever have a drop again, because if you don't, your next stopping place will be the grave.
      You will find that many of us are going through or have gone through some very tough times and it is truly amazing and inspiring to read about how they got through everything using tools other than AL.
      If you are truly ready to kick the beast to the curb for good and not have another Day 1 again in your life, then welcome aboard!! Sounds like you have tried to do this multiple times without success. What will work for you this time? Outline it, analyze it and show it to us-we are happy to help!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
      X