July's Jolly Journey - Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sweet Dew!! I'm so sorry to hear of your accident. Your injuries must have been horrific but you are alive and getting better by the day it sounds. Wish we could all come to visit and help you with whatever you need!! You be good to yourself too!! You'll be hill walking and going to meditation retreats again in no time!!

Thank you for the kind words. I know there must be a reason life has been so hard these past 2 years. It seems the minute I stopped drinking it all went to hell in a hand basket but even tho I fantasize about getting a WTF attitude and tossing it all away, I know I won't do it. Sleep has become too precious and I look forward to nodding off nite after nite. The minute AL enters my body I will lose that. There are other reasons I won't give in as well. Its not the answer and I need to power through these set backs on my own without chemical help. I'll take other types of help tho!!

Chill-so sorry to hear about your car!! I can SOOOOO relate! Try to stop thinking about it for just a bit. The answer will come. You may have to keep it limping along until something better shows up that you can afford. Keep the faith soul sistah!!

Rustop-glad to hear you had a great time in Helsinski!! I too would like to see pics if you have them!!

Star-are you off to your class by now?

Lav-the boys go home and the girls arrive? When are you going to take some time for yourself super woman!!

Rusty-are you feeling any better? Glad you got to enjoy at least a week of your vaca feeling healthy!!

SD-in love!! You make me smile!!

OH LBH-you are just a riot!! What stories you have! I am proud to be a member of the unbalanced and deranged wench club!! :H

Second interview tomorrow for the IT position. Getting mucho butterfies!! Not getting my hopes up but not getting to pessimistic either. My luck has to change sometime!!

Lost my debit card today. Have 2 more places to look tomorrow before I report it lost. I think it fell out of my pocket (bad papmom) while sitting in a computer lab all day today. Crossing fingers. so far no unusual charges.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Haven't wound down yet from my day & it's after 11 - oh well.

Papmom, wishing you luck tomorrow! Stay positive, OK?
      Hope you find your debit card

There is no point in my having any Lav time....really. I am & always have been better off when I am busy & distracted. Keeping my head out of my ass is vital to my overall health & welfare! Feeling sorry for myself (which is what I do when I have too much alone time) has always gotten me in trouble. I've always gotten along well with my kids & now their kids.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well Lav, I guess you could consider the time you spend iwth the grandkids your own very special Lav time! There, that ought to do it! If they keep you young and healthy than they are the best medicine for whatever ails you!! And I know you don't let the kids (adults) take advantage of you. You have the best of both worlds now, don't ya!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning to all...

Dew, good to hear from you, we missed you, hope since you are recuperating you can stop in more often. Sorry about the car accident and your injuries, I am glad you WILL heal with time.

Lav, I like a little time to myself, but also need to keep busy or I get to self-preoccupied.

Chill, no good choices about the car...your support system sounds great.

Rusty, how awesome to be with your mom, have time off, and be around water. This is the summer for it.

Rustop, Helsinki sounds like an interesting city, one you were able to enjoy AF, with all the site seeing you described.

LBH, you have had adventures. No one asked me to have their children!! He sounds eccentric and kind of egotistical, like having his child would be doing you a favor. Ha, whatever. Apparently you turned him down...what did you say, do you remember? What a story it could be.

Pap, will be thinking of you on your interview. I know it will go well. I leave on Friday for my trip, am excited and need time to pack.

Dill, the drought is intense here too, we need rain. Hey, sounds fun with your grandson to entertain you. How is your back, getting better I hope.

To all, have a great day. Mine is just work and more work, but I am busy and have something to look forward to, so it is OK.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good Morning Guys

Dewdrop - :l Lovely to hear from you and so sorry to hear about your accident, you really are a trooper. I hear you on the Mum thing, I keep thinking its my turn to take care of my Mum but she continually gives me the best support in the world and I am so grateful for her.

Lav - I cant imagine you not being busy :H the thought of you sitting relaxing with your foot tapping comes to mind while your brain is saying "right whats next!"

Papmom - I feel exactly like you, as soon as I gave up the booze my life started to crumble but I truly believe that God foreseeing these challenges got me sober so I could handle them. I am sending you love and hoping the interview goes well and that you find your debit card.

Rustop - Thanks for the info on Helsinki, I love to hear how it works in other Countries. I have a friend who lives in Geneva and you pay an extrordinary amount of tax there but the support you get back when you need it is 2nd to none. I think you are having similar weather to me and its just been rain, rain rain and more rain! :upset:

Happy humpback everyone!
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

There's no time, I don't care what happens, that drinking makes anything better. It never makes anything better. It always makes it worse and drinking always makes any event seem a hundred times worse than it actually is.
              Don Imus on Imus in the Morning (October 24, 2011)

Aw Dewdrop, :l I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident and hope you heal quickly. Take good care of yourself.

Papmom, I once lost my driver's license and never did find it! I had all my identifying info on it including my Social Security Number. It was an awful feeling knowing that was out there somewhere and anyone could find it and use it to steal my identity. Nobody ever did though. I hope you find your debit card. Let us know.

Lav, it's good to be busy as it makes the time fly. I think I too am better off when busy and distracted.

I broke a tooth over the weekend and it was driving me crazy. It didn't hurt but was sensitive and I couldn't chew. I called the dentist's office first thing Monday but they said they had no appointments available! They offered to put me on a call list for any cancellations. Lucky for me, I got in late afternoon yesterday.

I am so happy that the heat has broken and we are back to normal temps. Now if only the drought would end! I am sure that food prices will soar as a result of this.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dew:l:h,

Ohhhh.....I am so sorry to hear that you were hurt!:upset: but sooooo thankful you are still with us and that you took the time to post. I thought of you a little while ago, as I am on vacation, and I have time to think about people I've lost contact with, and with whom I want to reconnect. Your Mum sounds like a wonderful person to nurture you in your journey back to health. I am excited to hear of your online venture and will send you a PM sometime today.

Papmom-good luck today in your interview. I'll say a prayer for you and I am sending you positive vibes. You are so deserving of a rewarding and financially comfortable new position....gosh, you have had a string of bad luck that must end!:l

Rustop-Thank you for sharing Helsinki's history with us.....it sounds like you had a fabulous vacation with lots of variety, and a nice husband to share it with.

Chill-car problems are just the pits. I hope you get it sorted out, and I am glad you have a new friend who seems so supportive.

Lav-you are ever the busy one....and I am glad we didn't have to hire someone to give you CPR. I hope your daughter and Lily can come today and give you a granny break.

SD-waiting for an update on J. tee hee.

Ok, I'm off to do a whole lot of fun and work stuff. No planes, trains or automobiles for me today! Have a great AF humpday!

Comment

Hi Dill-sorry, x-post. I'm glad you got your tooth fixed in a hurry.

Thanks for the quote from the I-Man. It's so true. He's been sober about 25 years now and apparently is happy with his life and with his current wife, who is #wife 4, I think. The sports guy on the Imus show several years ago, Sid Rosenberg, was suspended for 1 day because he got drunk one night and didn't show up for the Imus Morning Show. I happened to be watching the day after he was suspended for that incident, and he was apologizing to Imus for letting everyone down. Imus royally chewed Sid out, and asked him when he was going to get serious about getting sober. Imus asked him how many times he had been to rehab and Sid said 3.

Comment

Quick Good Morning from here. Sending you a cocoon of peace and poise for your interview Ms. Pap, what will be will be and we are glad you are exactly you. Oh Dew so sorry you are having to go through such a hard accident and recovery, it was so good to see you again and know that each of us send you our heartfelt wishes for wellness soon. Hello to everybody, I love you, Rusty, Dill, Lav, Star, Chill, et. al. I am so glad to be away from alcohol, for me it sapped my life energy like a greedy parasite; you are right, it makes the hard times harder. I shall catch up more later. Love, Ladybird.
                    may we be well

Comment

Good morning July friends

Buzzing by this morning!
                      Plan for the day is Curves, hair cut, pick up daughter & Ms Lily, lunch somewhere then back here for more fun & thrills :H
                      I'm feeling the need to visit some outlets tomorrow with my girls - give MiMom's credit card a little workout!

Wishing Papmom the best today on her interview & a fabulous AF day for one & all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Rusty, I had forgotten all about that incident with Sid. I was watching that day, too! I wonder where Sid is and whether he got himself together.
                        LBH, you are right on the money with your comment about how alcohol saps us of our life energy. The truth of that is revealed over time. It's so hard to realize it at first when trying to quit. I remember when I used to resent that I had to quit. I felt like I needed my wine. I don't feel that way anymore.
                        Lav, a little retail therapy for tomorrow? Have fun!!
                        Papmom, fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Ok, back to my window cleaning. Happy af humpday everyone!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rusty, I googled Sid and it looks like he has not gotten it together yet. "There but for the grace of God go I.":

Full details on Sid Rosenberg's arrest; Dolphins and Canes news | Sports Buzz
                          Dill

Comment

Evening all.

Found my debit card! It miraculously fell out of my wallet when I fumbled trying to get a dollar bill out. I swear I had looked through that wallet 10 times!

Interview went ok I guess. They are thinking of doing a 3rd round. Spare me. Not sure if it's because they had sooooo many applicants or if they just can't decide between a few. She said she was interviewing some other people this week. sigh. They hope to have someone on board by Sept. 1 st at the latest. I want to leave my position NOW!!!!! I have so little motivation to get any of more work done even tho it is piling up day by day. It never ends.

I am really trying to be grateful for what I do have but this depression is overwhelming and almost paralyzing. I can't get an appt with my new doc until the 23rd of August. So many times I want to just say screw it and drown in a bottle but I just can't do it. Don Imus's quote is so right on. My life may have taken a nosedive these past 2 years but there is no proof it wouldn't have sunk even lower had I continued on my sodden path. I think one of my problems is that I am NOT grateful for what I have: a job, 2 in fact when most have none these days; a house which if I cleaned and took care of it I would probably like even more-these are the 2 areas of my life I am most unhappy with and want to change. Maybe if I just accepted them for what they are and not try so hard to fight them?

I am also very saddened and sickened today by the totally unecessary death of Lennox, the dog put to death by the Belfast City Council because he LOOKED like an illegal breed. he had never harmed anyone before they took him away from his loving family. In captivity I understand he turned aggressive. Despite high social pressure from around the world, high profile temperment evaluations (Victoria Stillwell for one) and an offer to bring him to the US (VS again), the council would not budge. It is a sad day for this world and humanity.

Off my soapbox now. Will try to eat something halfway healthy for dinner and get to bed early.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Evening Jolly And Not-So-Jolly-Friends,:l

Papmom-:l I am so glad you found your debit card but sad for you that again, you have prepared for an interview for a job you really want, and it's another hurry up and wait situation. Sending you positive vibes tonight. Good for you for fighting off that "greedy parasite." Well-said, LBH. Yes, AL does sap us of our life energy, that's for sure. It does NOT motivate us to do ANYTHING. It took me so long to figure out if I'm having a good day and I'm happy, that if I drink, I will end up being sad/lethargic, etc., because of AL's highly depressant effects, and if I'm having a horrible day, AL will just cause the black hole to get bigger.

Dill-wow, I'm amazed that Sid Rosenberg's life continues to be complicated by drugs and booze. I went to that link you gave me and I am amazed at how much older and ragged he looks. He was so good-looking.

Ms. Lav- I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Yawn, I am off to bed. It's been a fabulous AF humpday. I can't wait for tomorrow.

xoxox

Rusty

Comment

Hi Rusty, papmom, Dill, LBH & everyone!

I have my girls here for a few days so I am happy

Papmom, sorry you didn't get a more positive feeling from your interview. Don't give up yet, you just never know
                                Please don't depress yourself about things you cannot control (ie the dog situation):l

Better get myself to bed. Wishing everyone a good AF night
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X