July's Jolly Journey - Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding it hard to get moving this morning. I found some Amoryn in my cabinet not yet expired. Took one last nite and again this morning. Will order more today. Last resort kind of thing. REALLY hate feeling this way. Weepy, heavy physically and emotionally, low motivation, no joy. Hope I was a good actress yesterday!

It's back up to the 90's today so on goes the AC for the kids.

Dad is having major surgery tomorrow-removal of bladder stone and a resection of the prostrate. No indication of cancer with the enlarged prostrate so fingers crossed there are no surprises once they get in. My main concern is infection and sepsis. he's 84 and although this is sort of routine, you just never know once you get opened up. I'll be taking him tomorrow, not sure what time and will wait until he's in recovery. he has to stay overnight and then he will go to my Sister's house for a 24 watch. Although he just got the boat in the water and hasn't been able to sail yet, he will need to keep quiet with a minimal of activity for 2 weeks. I know that is going to kill him-he's so active! If you wouldn't mind saying some prayers for him tomorrow I think that would be great. I'll let you all know when we're going in and what time the surgery is. In my drinking life I would load up tonite and hope the surgery isn't until later tomorrow so I couild sleep off the hangover. Not now!! I'm ready to go when he is and will comfortably read and play games on my phone while I wait for his surgery to be done.
    Must. go. to. work. Bah.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi everyone

Healing vibes to everyone not feeling great, Dew and Dill and will say a special prayer for your Dad tomorrow Papmom. You are there fully and that is the important thing. I cannot imagine going through the madness of the past few summers with a hangover every day. Ugh, we have to keep reminding ourselves that no matter how bad things are it could be much worse if Al were our best friend. Glad to have you cyber friends instead.

Busy as usual, daughter is off to Sweden for the week-end so need to get to the bank to get her some Swedish kroner. Will catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
        Ann Landers

Hi Rustop and thank you for your healing vibes. They are much appreciated! You are spot on with your comment about trying to deal with everyday life and times of difficulty while dealing with a daily hangover! How crazy are we to bring that on ourselves?

Papmom, special thoughts, prayers, vibes, and the kitchen sink sent to you from here!

Rusty, did you read in that article about Sid being found lying in the middle of an intersection lying on the ground in back of his car curled up in the fetal position and crying? How deep is the bottom he must go to before he gets off the elevator?!

Hey Lav, they are forecasting rain for here for tomorrow. I am so tired of this drought! Keeping my fingers crossed.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning July friends!

Papmom, take care of yourself, first & foremost so you can take care of your Dad, OK?
          Will be thinking of you both :l

Rustop, I sometimes think we are actually changing the course of history by remaing AF. Can you imagine how different the past years year would have been for you & your daughters if you hadn't taken control?

Dill, the parched lawns are happening here now too. This prolonged heat is not a good thing. I'm thinking of doing a ran dance/smuding thing

Getting ready to take the girls out for some outlet shopping.
          Wishing a great AF day for everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Such good advice here and caring. Lordie I love that quote, Dill, funny and true! Thank you so much for posting again Pap, I really missed you. While I am feeling grateful much of the time these days, I have been wringing my hands over the very same things in the past, I know it is ?internal? but making the shift in perspective and fostering it takes skills we are learning?cognitive, nutrition, exercise etc. Sometimes medication surely plays a role in either giving us enough relief so we can learn those skills or in filling in a significant neurochemical gap when our learned skills fail. In the late 1980?s I took a strong antidepressant for six months. One day I thought somebody changed the light bulbs in the building I worked in, my world was literally brighter. I have never had to take the ?traditional? medication again since, although I too on the advice of Lav took the herbal Amoryn for a few months a couple of years ago when I started going off the deep end, it helped put me back to a place I could grow forward from. What Lav said about not depressing ourselves over things we can?t control remains a super hard spot for me. While I feel I need to be a ?witness?, certainly not ignore it, doing so without going too far emotionally is a daily challenge. I drank myself numb in the past over it and for now I just have accept that while my heart is going to ache, even break to some degree this in itself is not going to actually help anything any more than drinking did, particularly if it expands the pain outside of the situation that upset me into my greater world. Please remind me of this everyday. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Wow - I just had a marathon reading session of the last two weeks of posts...big hugs all the way around.

I bless my doctor for being willing to treat me for Lyme's - not sure if that is the whole of the story of what has been dogging me for all these months, but it certainly has been part of it. Each day I am a little stronger (when I don't go and over-do it). I was so far gone just before and during the move (permanent move, Chill, to a house that we bought!) that I literally don't remember much about it.

Thanks, Lav for re-posting my sad little message. I was really not myself, clearly. I'm seeing a nutritionist today, hopefully that will provide some more answers.

Thanks everyone for still being here, for daily sharing your struggles, for the insight and wisdom that flows...I will fold myself in as best I can in the coming days...good luck to all --
              to the light

Comment

its rained and rained and rained in uk for weeks, I was close to building an arc. I have seen on the world weather that the other side of the pond was experiencing freak heat. Its like the movie 2012
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Greetings this evening...

Pap, prayers will go out for you father on this end, for your interview too. Depression is so hard to deal with, hope the Amoryn kicks in.

I agree with all that drinking makes everything WORSE! Energy draining, health killing, mood depressing poison. How sad to hear of Sid R. curled up and crying...

The weather is still so dry here, to know that in the UK it is just the opposite.

Lav, we need your rain dance, so dance away, and have fun with your girls.

I am off on my trip tomorrow, will check in when I can. To all, let's keep on this AF path we are on.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Sending Papmom and Dad a Double Rainbow For Good Luck

Papmom, I'll be praying for you and your dad tonight and tomorrow. Wishing you both strength and peace.

Comment

Rusty-:l :h
                      Thank you so much everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my dad.
                      I will check in when he is in recovery and I know he is ok

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pap, I love ya, but.....

I was on the phone today for TWO hours with Apple as I promised you and myself that I would download the Photobucket app on my Iphone (as you had written out the directions for me, step by step )and upload this pic of the double rainbow, only to have the Apple Customer Service Rep tell me she can't help me.:H:lalala::dang::hateputer: I have to call Itunes Technical Support. Hence, a dinky pic of a Double Rainbow, sent to you with love and in the hopes it will also turn your job-hunting luck around.:l

Comment

Hi Everybody!:h

Cyn-thanks for checking in.:l I hope between your doc and nutritionist, you can get your health back to normal. Congratulations on your move....you must be relieved.

Chill-where are you? I haven't heard from you today!

Star-I can't wait to hear about your experience on your retreat. Please post when you can.

LBH... I couldn't agree with you more:
                          I drank myself numb in the past over it and for now I just have accept that while my heart is going to ache, even break to some degree this in itself is not going to actually help anything any more than drinking did, particularly if it expands the pain outside of the situation that upset me into my greater world.
                          Well, despite the fact that I am supposed to be on vacation, I worked most of the day, but that's ok. I wanted to. I will spend time having fun tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. One of my clients has a beautiful yacht moored at the harbor near my house and invited me to go out on his boat with him and his wife and some of their friends. He and his wife are non-drinkers and it will be fun being with a group of people who are AF. I usually hate Sundays but now I have a Sunday to look forward to. I will also spend Saturday with my mom. It's our monthly social event with her clients who are both deaf and blind.

Anyway, I'll see you all in the morning. It feels so good to go to bed at night and remember the whole day....every minute, every conversation. Happy sigh.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Rusty - poor Chill is probably washed away if her weather is anything like this. We rarely have great summers, maybe a few days/weeks here and there but this year is the worst ever. As I look out it is bucketing down, wish I could e-mail some to our US friends. Glad you have a nice Sunday to look forward to. Your Mom sounds an amazing woman.

Star - Bon voyage, cant wait to hear all about your retreat.

Cyn - good to hear from you and hope you are soon feeling better.

Papmom - your Dad is in my prayers, check in when you can get a chance.

Everyone else big hello and have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Rusty it was a BEAUTIFUL pic and I love you for it!! I'm keeping it in my head the whole day!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Keep us posted Pmom, you and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am definitely too much of a dog person to go without one for very long, so yesterday we went to the County Animal Shelter and adopted a 1 year old female mixed breed. She is a sweetheart and seems happy to be here with us. She is cane corso/labrador and will be a large dog. Her name is Diamond, but I'm not sure if we'll keep that name. We are waiting to get to know her a bit and see if it truly fits. She doesn't seem to respond to it very well at this point.

It's Mr. D's birthday today so I'm hoping he gets what he want most: RAIN!!!!

Happy AF Friday everyone!
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X