July's Jolly Journey - Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone-Dad came through surgery just fine. I'm leaving in a few to go up and see him.
    Thanks for the PMs and the prayers. They worked!!

Dill-congrats on your new addition! So very cool. Can you post pics for us?

Gotta run.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi everyone

Papmom - I'm delighted your Dad is doing well. Sending you both much love.

Dill - I'm excited about your new addition, how lovely! Did Mr D get his rain? I wish I could package you some!

Rustop - I just can't believe the amount of rain that has fallen over the last few months and it looks never ending! It would be so nice if the sun shone for the Olympics after all the work that has gone into it.

Rusty - enjoy the boat! Sound good and with good AF company.

Star - have an amazing experience on your course.

Cyn - I'm sending you healing vibes, you poor dear coping with a move when you are ill :l

Nothing really to report here, I have been grounded all week without a car and am now feeling a little stir crazy. Hopefully I will get it back tomorrow.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

"If any good thing shall go forward, something must be adventured."-St. Thomas More

Good Evening Journeying Friends,

Papmom-:lawwww...I am so glad your dad is ok. You must be so relieved.

Dill-I am so thrilled that you got a dog. I am a dog person, too, and if ever I have to be housebound for a long time, that's the first thing I'll do....get a dog. I hope you and Mr. D had fun today on his birthday. What a joy to enjoy it AF. We need rain so badly here, too. This was the headline on the front page of the Milwaukee paper today, "Drought Now Called Severe." Ya think? I cannot remember a time when everything looked so charred.

Rustop- I don't know how you can stand the seemingly nonstop rain in Ireland. I would be so depressed to think I would be trapped indoors because of the weather. It doesn't seem to stop you from getting out and walking, hiking, etc. I'm so weather-sensitive and I need the sun in my life.

Chill-I hope you do get your car back tomorrow. You must be going just batty being without it. Will you be able to see your friend over the weekend?

Lav-I bet the days with your daughter and granddaughter just fly by. You must be so sad when they leave.:l

To everyone, hope you're having a peaceful AF evening.

Comment

I could have sworn I checked in to say hello this morning
          I must be really losing it :H

Had a terrific visit with my girls, returned them home this afternoon. I'm not really sad when they leave Rusty because I try to remember to be grateful that they were here at all

Papmom, great news about your Dad!

Hoping for some rain tonight. Dill, it's getting pretty darn dry & crunchy here too although we are not actually in a drought, yet! Congrats on your new doggie Post a pic for us.

Chill, I have my fingers crossed for your car & your sanity :H

Hi to Rustop & everyone! Have we seen Jolie lately??
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, ummmmm.....no, you didn't check in. I think you're thinking of another thread.

Jolie-where are you? I hope you are well.

Yawn, off to read and bed. Goodnight, again.

Comment

Good Morning. I am so glad your dad is doing well, Pap. Also, do take heart, Cyn. I have an Eastern forest dwelling cousin (sounds a bit like the wee fairy folk but he is actually quite grand and gorgeously handsome) who along with his son and their dog had wicked cases of Lyme?s. They are now absolutely FINE. Just take the cure and above all take it easier, you always sound so relentlessly busy, busy:l. Enjoy your yachting, Rusty. Off for my Saturday routine and back later to catch up more. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

Hello July friends, it certainly is quiet around here. I think of you often LBH when I am doing my own Saturday morning routine. Hole-in-the-wall breakfast joint then off to the grocery store.

Rusty, I liked that quote very much, thank you. I feel like we are all adventurers here, finding out about life on the sober side.

Pmom, so glad your dad is doing well!

Cyn, I'm glad you are back with us. :l

Chill, Mr. D got a drizzle, but so far that's it. Fingers crossed!

New dog is getting settled. She is happy to be a farm girl. I've been spending most of the day just hanging with her so we can get to know each other better. She has a lot of good qualities and is well behaved, but she is not compliant yet about coming to me when I call. I am working with her on it though. It could be she just hasn't accepted us as her new owners yet. It's only been a couple of days now.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I am so glad you have a new dog. I have only met one Cane Corso and he was enormous but very stable and sweet beneath the surface; mixed with a lab you will have a giant bunny. I am sure it will take her a while to realize she is home and that you are really hers. Our Tootsie is still making progress and we have had her over a year. I am glad you and I can be together in spirit on our Saturday mornings. Love, Ladybird.
                  may we be well

Comment

Good evening all,

Busy, busy, busy & no rest for this weary granny :H
                    Had a few rain showers this morning but nothing to write home about....if you know what I mean.

Glad your new doggie is settling in Dill.
                    Greetings to Rusty, LBH & everyone.

Matilda is sitting very close to me at the moment hoping I drop an M&M or two

Wishing everyone a good night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning everyone

Quick check in before I go off to show for day.

Cyn - good to hear from you, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Pap mom- delighted your Dad came through surgery ok.

Dill - a new doggie, how wonderful, enjoy.

Miss Layla has settled in completely, am now looking for some puppy obedience classes for my daughter to take her to. That stubborn streak JR's have is becoming very apparent!

Lav, Chill, Star,LBH, SD and everyone else big hello and have a great Sunday.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning Gang and a happy Sunday to you all

Rustop - enjoy the show, I do believe we are getting a reprive today from the rain!

I hit a real downer yesterday, lots of stinking thinking about my life and how I was going to make it all work. I did what I usually do when that happens and turned on Wayne Dyer. He was talking about how it would be if we were just incapable of having the thought "I am going to fail" or any other negative thought. So when it comes up again I am going to press the delete button in my mind I just need to keep taking one step at a time and move forward trusting that it will somehow work out. Its the fear thoughts that are so paralysing and like the rabbit in the headlights, thats when we get run over!

I got a good quote today in my inbox -when you know yourself you are empowered, when you accept yourself you are invincible.

Im looking forward to the 21 day Chopra Meditation starting tomorrow, it always makes me feel more at peace.
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning peeps!

i hear ya on that thinking chill. When it starts (it seems to come out of nowhere) I know now not to let it go on too long. As soon as I recognize a negative thought I put a stop to it ~ change the radio station in my head, so to speak! That's one of the main reasons I don't like to spend too much time by myself. Distraction keeps negative thoughts at a safe distance

Good luck to you today Rustop!
                          My daughter gave me some good puppy training tips for Matilda & they do work

Well it's hot, humid, super cloudy, etc so I think some indoor clean up activity is in order for the day.
                          Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning faithful friends -

PMom, so glad to hear that so far so good with your Dad, hope it all continues.

Wonderful quotes, everyone - I didn't realize how much I miss all the 'to the light' thinking here.

Dill - a new dog, how wonderful of you (and all rescuers here!) to give her a new home, can't wait to hear all the tales. Lav - Matilda is fitting right in?

I have found a terrific 'drop in and feed the dogs' person close to where we've moved. Thank goodness, as I took Mr T to Newark airport yesterday, and because of construction and other issues the 2.5 hour trip there was 4 hours, with my return trip 3.5 hours. I would have been frantic about the kids, but she came, fed them, and stayed for an hour cuddling and getting to know them. Whew!

More soon, but big hugs all around -
                            to the light

Comment

Hi all-back from my 2 day seminar in CT for fearful/reactive/aggressive dogs. Very interesting. I think there are some tools I can use, if not for DD, definitely for Mick and LM. I think DD may be a lost cause until I can move out of the city. However, I have some more ideas for keeping him busy inside and out in the yard which hopefully will help with expending energy. We will continue to do agility as he seems to really like it and for some reason is not as fearful at a trial as he is out in the neighborhood on walks. I guess I was hoping for a magic pill but alas, it still doesn't exist!!

Still hot and muggy here. My 2 room ACs are cranking and so far my bedroom (without AC) hasn't been too bad-tolerable. Lav, remember just a couple of short months ago we couldn't wait for summer to come? Now we want fall!! :H No middle ground in the Northeast apparently!!

Dad is doing very well. Talked to him last nite-no pain and feeling pretty good. My sister brought him home this morning and set him up with some ready made meals from Wegmans so he doesn't have to cook and can keep quiet. That won't last for long knowing him! :H

Back to work tomorrow. It's just not fun anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. Really sucks to have to spend half your waking hours doing something you hate but it somewhat pays the bills so off I go.

Cyn-you are so lucky to have found someone so quickly! I know I could always call my old dog walker in a pinch but she's expensive and she's hasn't seen DD in over a year. That's the problem with a reactive dog-you can't just have anyone go into the house. I remember last year when there was yet another real tornado threat I had to call my neighbor and ask if they could get the animals in the basement. DD ran into his crate in his room and wouldn't come out so they closed him in and picked him up crate and all and brought him down to the basement. The others were fine-ran right down. It was a real risk I took but they said they would be all right and wouldn't take any chances. I guess from his behavior he's more fearful than aggressive-he didn't know them at all. I don't think I would do that again tho.

Chill-I totally get the stinkin' thinkin'. I don't turn on anyone or read anything. Just power through it. Maybe I should find Hayhouse radio on my phone and give it a try?
                              The heavy painful feelings have lifted somewhat, probably due to the Amoryn. No real happiness yet. It will come.

Hope everyone has a nice night. I"m tucking in with the Sunday AND Saturday paper!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

oh Lav-you will be so proud of me! I deleted myself from the FB group that was taking up so much of my time with the stories of all the lost dogs. This was the group I joined when the agility trainer had her accident over a month ago and lost 2 of her dogs. It's blossomed into a repository for last dogs all over the country and while I think it's a great resource, it was making me feel so helpless. I am still sharing lost dog posters on FB from another more local group but I don't feel so helpless. As long as I click the share button I feel like I'm doing something but I'm not obsessing over it. The minute I deleted the other group and didn't see any new notifications in my email I felt a sense of freedom!! I may rejoin at some point but for now I really need to concentrate on me.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X