AF Daily - Monday, July 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifechange....nice to have another (former) Polar Pal around....altho with your stint in Southeast I think I'd have to call you Soggy Sal!

To answer your question...I live in Anchorage, which (as you know) is just 23 miles northeast of Alaska.

This week we MAY hit 70 for the first time all summer. The TV weather forecast put a HOT graphic on the chart for Wednesday. "Hot" my patootie!
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone, quick check in .

Day 144 AF. Coming back after my holiday was a little difficult, I did have some moderation thoughts, but I feel a lot stronger now.

We had some nice sunny weather here in Scotland today, makes a change from the constant rain!

Back tomorrow x

Comment

porqoui, anger & especially resentment was my biggest trigger as well. I actually drank AT my husband for years. Guess what? It didn't work, it didn't make him change. All it did was make me sick Developing an attitude of gratitude does work very well though

Welcome back msfreedom!
        Looks like we joined MWO at the same time. This is a good place, I've never left. Wishing you the best. Be sure to make a good plan for yourself.

Turn, I think we have collectively done a LOT of brain restoration here :H
        Seriously though ~ it can be done!

Sausage, just keep pushing those thoughts away. They will come less frequently, you'll see

Gearing up for a full day of watching my grandsons tomorrow. Wish me luck because I plan to keep them inside - I'm not dealing with them & 100 degree temps outside!!!!

Wishing everyone a good night!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all,

Shue, I am fairly sure I've missed you in chat by this stage. My morning got totally derailed by a million crazy messages from my crazy family *sighs* and I'm checking in later in my day than usual. Give me a heads up when you are in there if I'm online and I'll come say hi I'm a bit confused about what "this time" yesterday actually was now my time.

Mick, you are doing so great, it's wonderful to hear. Keep it up mate.

Porquoi
          , oh boy do I hear you today. My sister (who is more than a bit nuts) is driving me WILD today with a series of ever more crazy and irrational emails. I am also stressed about some work stuff and need to do my taxes.

Normally, I have no doubt I'd be buying a bottle of wine tonight and trying to blot it all out but NO. I am about to go for a long, brisk walk in the sunshine - endorphins and vitamin D - and tonight will instead read a book, have a bubble bath, cook some nice food, talk to a sympathetic girlfriend… something healthy instead. I am increasingly becoming aware of how I have used alcohol to deal with my emotions and what my triggers are. Take heart in the fact we're learning.

*Breathes deeply* *Hyperventilates slightly*

Hi Ms Freedom! Yes, great moniker

Lilly

Comment

Working...
          X