AF Day Wed 18th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day Wed 18th July

:goodjob:Way to go Sunflower. And only 4 days in!! I could hardly get off the couch on my day 4. Still too sick. And aren't we glad we're not the girl that caused the wreckage last night.

Comment

AF Day Wed 18th July

Kaslo, fabulous post in Newbies. It doesn't surprise me at all to hear that you're a writer too as you write so well. I WISH I were a technical writer sometimes - as often all the job ads seem to be for technical writers. I'm a journalist/copywriter. The journalism is really where my heart is at but it's so hard to make a decent living out of it, especially with all the upheaval we've had in the industry here lately (many redundancies across all the major outlets) but copywriting really helps pay the bills. Lots of online stuff but not heavy on the technical side.

I'm happy the conflict in the Nest seems to be calming down and the dust is settling but I still think I'll stay over here for now. It takes a lot of energy to try and support other Newbies and I feel like I'm in an essential transition stage right now - that is, finally, really trying to embrace total abstinence not that constant I-shouldn't-I battle. I hope that when I've got more time under my belt I might be one of those fabulous old-timers who help guide and encourage people through those first rough 30 days and beyond but I haven't it in me right now. And, as a newbie I only have so much wisdom to offer. Though I will say, as much as sometimes it frustrates the hell out of me that it's taken me a year of 'trying to quit' to get to this point, I have gained a huge amount of insight into addiction and my own issues with it that I hadn't at all when I began this journey. So, in a more self-forgiving light I will start to try and look at it not as a failure of a year but as a year spent laying foundations.

Sunflower, oh my, what a test re the bar and the client meetings! Well done YOU. How are you finding the AA meetings?Are they helping? Are you aiming to do the 90 meetings in 90 days thing? How're you getting on? Take it easy mate - now is a time for wrapping oneself a bit in cotton wool as much as is feasible. Keep posting and all strength to you. I'm not sure of your background so don't know if you've attempted a quit before (?) but it DOES get easier!

I am going to try and work out when the bulk of you start jumping online and retime my MWO tuning-in to coincide if possible. Shue
      , WILL catch you on chat at some stage! Looking forward to it.

Lilly x

Comment

AF Day Wed 18th July

Thank you for the support. I've only quit 1,000 times Stayed quit 2x for numerous months. That was 8 years ago! I've been to AA before, but I am in a new city now....and it took me a really long time to find the right mix and right people. But, for me....AA is what works. And without AA I doubt I would have been able to handle today without a drink. I would have seen it as a sign from the Gods as a reason to drink But, instead I went straight off to a meeting and found support.

Yeah....poor girl did have to pay her bar tab at the end of it all. I bet....she was on the couch all day!

Comment

Working...
        X