AF day Tuesday 24th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Tuesday 24th July

everyone sounds so great. keep telling your stories...i can tell you are all helping each other. im in my hotel suite, no bush camp this time. early day tomorrow. good nite all. kas
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Mick, in case you read this, i hope you have a lovely cup of coffee! i am running out the door to work so i have to take mine to go. fell asleep last night with the kid--must have needed it!
      great on you for your 21 days!! and you as well, Satz--congrats on hitting the 3 week mark.
      Porquoi, i'm also all over the boards regarding emotions. up and down and all over the place. i hate it. it makes me question everything!!! i just try to sit out and meditate--and use positive thinking. let me know what works for you!!

a big hello to all of you.
      i will def. be signing in this evening to catch up more.
      Hugs!!!

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Morning everybody...had a bit of a lie in this morning its now 7.10 am.How are we all this bright and cheery morning?The big orange thingy is still in the sky over here ,so I guess its still summer.Tea and coffee on the go for those that want it..Im on number 2 already.Yesterday was a bit of a bummer for me..the big toe saga continues Went to the chiropodist yesterday to get it fixed..he wouldnt even look at it.Apparently it is badly infected, so much so that I have got to go to the hospital this mrning to see what they can do.This is after my own doctor told me last week that it was ok and it would heal up on its own.I have split the nail and it has gone down the side of the toe and infected it so it has to be cut out.,and I am now on antibiotics 4 times a day as it is kind of sore.If there everc was a case for al ,it was yesterday..Iwas so pd off,but guess what..went home and had 2 cups of tea!!hows that for will power.Anyway we shall see what today brings in the sequel!!

Hi Shue, dont know where you are but hope all is ok..You sound full of energy!!Knowing you,you will have done a 20 mile hike by now !Here have a coffee.

Morning porquoi brew for you too,how did your day pan out yesterday?how are you feeling?Did you get anywhere with the legal stuff?Keep your chin up.We are thinking of you.

Look ..never forgot you today!!Good morning Satz cofee for you?How are you today?Still in the lead by a day? hmmm must be a way to catch up :H Glad you went for te soda and not the wine.Well done

Good morning Lavande,how are you this fine morning?Hows the patient today?better than this one hopefully less narky :H.Thanks for the inf refernce the pics I am going to try it after

Hi lifechange how is your early and busy day today?Coffee for you?thats dedication..taking the computer to work with you.Yes I did see your post this morning..not even time to stop for a brew..my you are a busy lady..have a nice af day

Flyaway..well done you..6 months next month great..you will do it and beyond this time..want to be saying "well done you "in 12 months.

Morning Lilly E..your choice..tea or coffee.sorry no crumble will make some more this week
        Day 25 well done..soon be on the big 30.

Hi Sunflower..how are you today?good I hope.Whats this with checking your accounts at work?Hope your day goes well.

Good morning Kaslo..early start so you might not read this, but hope your day goes well.

For all those that I haven't mentioned a big hi..hope your af day goes well..even when things dont go as planned..remember booze wont solve it..just distorts it for a wee while

Mick
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Tuesday 24th July

Hi guys,

Just popping back in to say hi again.

Shue, that makes me feel a bit better re the tiredness - perhaps it's normal post quitting. I have been taking fairly good care of myself as I've been on a weight loss kick too, so I've been eating pretty healthily, exercising and taking supplements etc. Maybe I'll drag my juicer out for extra nutritional kick - it's been gathering dust in a cupboard. Had a rich lunch out at a restaurant I am reviewing today, so will be compensating tonight with miso, soba noodles, ginger, herbs and broccoli.

I also related to your comments about the emotional roller coaster and feeling all the things you'd been suppressing. I've been having massive feelings of inadequacy lately and started wondering if it's part of what I've been trying to mask for years with booze so it's now all coming to the fore. I do believe, though, that getting free of alcohol and positively rebuilding one's life has to be a massive self esteem builder. I've mentioned before that I've been reading a lot of articles on the Spiritual River site; he talks a lot about the importance of taking positive action every day, in a holistic sense, because such changes are cumulative. It's a nice way to think about it - we don't have to change everything all at once but if you are taking small, positive steps every day they can ultimately build up to big results.

I just received the copy of 'Getting Better' by Nan Robertson I ordered from Book Depository (my other addiction). It's a history of AA as well as her personal story. Will be interesting to see if it makes me more or less keen to check out a meeting. I've been listening to some podcasts of meetings and hearing people's stories is interesting but there's still quite a bit about AA that really doesn't appeal to me. But it looks like an interesting read either way. Anyone else read this?

Wishing a lovely happy day/arvo/eve/whatever it is wherever you are my sober friends.

Comment

Working...
          X