Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Wednesday 25th July

Hi Fabbers!

Mick-I'm a tea lover for sure! No java for me except the one on my laptop :H!! So sorry to hear about the toe. I had a finger I swore to the doc was infected. she said no and gave me Tylenol!! 36 hrs later I was in the ER at 3am getting it lanced. I was so mad at her I changed docs. Love your pics!! Bucolic for sure!

Sunflower-that beer didn't go down your throat against your will. You chose to drink it. It's all about choices hun. I'm glad you didn't turn it into a binge and that you rid the house of all the hidden bottles. Hopefully the next time you are presented with this kind of choice you will make your decision mindfully, not on autopilot.

Lav-glad to hear Matilda is healing nicely. She's got the best nurse in the world!!

Shue, Sausage, Fly, Almost-you guys continue to amaze me and and make me so proud! Keep up the great work!

Kas of the frozen north-Safe travels up there! Hope you have your fav gunman with you!!

Turn-safe travels to you too!! What a great and loving daughter you are! I'd do the same for my dad too (If he would allow it!!)

I just had to catch up on 3 days of posts so please forgive me if I''v missed anyone!! Short term memory was never my forte :H

Interview went well I think. So hard to tell when they don't offer you the job immediately following. They said I would hear in a couple of weeks. Not sure why they need that much time. Patience was never one of my skills until I stopped drinking. Now I think I could outwait calmly molasses going up hill in the wintertime!!

I have tomorrow and Friday off. Sleep is on the menu along with small chores around the house and play time with the boyz.

Nite nite all!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi Fabs. Och the coos. Cant post on this tiny fone. No net here. Hot as hades. Not missing al. Will tell all later. Love to all Kaslo.
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hey all,

Congrats on five months Sausage!!! I just read your thread. I'm concerned for you that you're having these thoughts - although I'm sure they're a totally predictable part of the journey and at least you've identified they're a problem and also how you can help yourself blast through them.

I feel like I am not in the best place to offer sound guidance at not even 30 days but I hope others with more time will chime in as it's something we probably all have to face in going for long-term sobriety. I think you probably hit the nail on the head when you said you've started to forget how bad you really felt. This is usually what trips me at up just 2-3 weeks so I can fully imagine how that would happen with even more time & distance, feeling better physically, feeling more like you have it 'beat' etc. I hope you can get past this hump AF and reinforce your determination. Stay close. And have you reread your old posts when you were truly miserable with Al?

Dest, good to see you here! You CAN do this. Have you accepted, really accepted, the need to go completely alcohol free - for good? If not, what do you need to do to get there? If so, what other tools are you going to use to get there besides the Antabuse? Congrats on taking that step of commitment.

Flying in and out here but a quick question… a couple of you have mentioned juicing.. Shue
        yesterday and, Turnagain
        I think? I've been doing a bit of reading about it this morning. I wrote a piece on juicing years ago where a nutritionist I interviewed spoke at length about how it can be bad because people think they're being healthy but there's still all these extra calories and sugar… obviously better if you stick more to veggie juices… which put me off a bit but I do wonder if it'd help in the detox/recovery process and I do own a juicer that's currently gathering dust. Any thoughts? Favouite recipes? I know Jason Vale is all about the juicing but have only looked fleetingly at his site.

Happy sober day all… I'll be back later on…

L x

Comment

Mick;1354868 wrote: http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1343256648

keep going dest you will win.. you have done it before ..it will not beat you .took this pic this afternoon over garden fence..he aint pleased that you said his jacket was squint!!
          Thanks Mick....I feel like I am in a really good place right now! Hmmmm....never heard the phrase "Squint" before...I am assuming that means crooked as hell! LOLOLOLOLOL:H Great pic!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

"am definately going to sign in tonight", were her famous last words!!
            here i am thurs morning running out the door again. i have only briefly read through the posts. good early morning, Mick, i miss sharing coffee with you! a big hello to Dest.! very nice to see you here.
            wishing you all a wonderful sober thursday!!
            L has been coming to work with me which is wonderful though a bit stressful--then we've had long sunny afternoons to catch up and hang out. she's going to bed at 11 'cause of summer break so we're both falling dead into bed and lalaland!

Comment

Hi Life and happy AF thursday to you!!!!!!!! I am definitely back and looking forward to staying connected with everyone on here!!!!!!:l
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
              X