Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaching for the stars - after a good kick up the ****!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mauri; and I bet you enjoyed handing over the lovely gift.....there is such a feel-good factor when you are sober. You get the things done that you intended and can feel good about it. Positive moves and good vibes have a ripple affect - you make one good move and it passes gently on to others who do the same; the same can be said for negativity, so we need to stay conscious of this.

Scottlass, go on, hoke out that swimsuit and give it a go; sometimes it's harder to think about it than do it - once you're in the water and swimming, you'll be so glad. I also find it a great time for 'thinking'; you will never get out of the pool and say 'wish I hadn't done that' - out of all the exercise I have done, I find swimming best for shaping your body; now, that is not to say mine is anything to look at, but it's not as bad as it could be!!!Haha.
    The little girl I was minding this weekend came up and slapped my backside this morning and then had a look and said 'your butt is funny, kind of.....straight'. Yes, I have the flattest arse in Ireland and really didn't need to hear what I am very aware of! ....and off she toddled, happy with her observation...

Thank you both for thinking of my dad; my job is knocking some positive vibes into that oul head of his - he's getting better. When he first heard he felt like giving up but I know he sees hope now...
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

SL no problem I tend to forget when my own birthday is these days I am getting so old :H

Daisy yet another thing we have in common, mine is the flattest in England :H I have always wished I had a really big bum, I envy West Indian women! Ooh and if I could swap bodies with anyone it would be J Lo!!

You are in such a positive frame of mind at the moment that will surely be good for your Father's state of mind :l
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Daisy...I could just pop with pride!! I am so happy that you are back amonst the living again. It is just amazing to me that we drink stuff that takes us to such depths...and continue to do so! It's only when we stop doing it that we think...DAM, AL WAS the problem! What was I thinking? At some point, you just wise up and stop the ride! I'm so happy for you...B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Shucks, thanks girls - Flat Arse appreciates it!!!! Haha

Comment

I do believe you will reach the stars Daisy!....

Sobriety has had a way of making me get up & smell the roses. Maybe a bit too much. I may have lost a few yrs & need to realize I'm not 40 anymore & slow it down a touch. Being over ambitious is taken it's toll on me ole bod now. Whatever isn't flat, flabby, it's drooping ~ sagging now. LOL

I use to luv to swim! I tend to luv being near water!.... It soothes me!.... Tonight I told one of my daughters that I've been aching quite a bit & she says Mom, you use to luv to swim, try it again, it will help. I think after she go's back to school, I will try hard to motivate myself to go.

I'm taking just her tom am on a little trip for her 25th b-day gift & the hotel has an indoor pool, so a swim is in order. Maybe that will give me a little refresher & some pain relief to.

Yest, we spent rare time with Mil & other fam & there were many little ones & newborn, only 3 wks old. I got to hold her. They are all so very sweet!.... This little boy was eating corn on the cob & he said to his Mom, there's dog hair on it & she said no it's corn hair. I could't help but laugh. Life is so precious!....

I will pray for your Dad!....

Comment

Thank you Wildflowers; you are doing just grrreat! I am so happy to hear you are going to take the 'plunge'! It can only make things better.
              You sound like me about babies; I love children. They are so open - and cuddly.
              I know what you mean - like you've just opened your eyes and saying 'what the hell have I been doing?'
              Enjoy your trip with your daughter.

Comment

Had a great morning and it is only half 9.
                Up this morning; 'Wakey, wakey, rise and shine, my name's Daisy and I don't drink wine!!!!'
                My girls love to hear me like this in the morning. I have just got spoiled rotten - it's my birthday today and my 2 daughters got up and gave me so many lovely wee thoughtful gifts. My son rang me, and my other daughter face-timed me from Australia, so what a bloody great start to a day!
                Going to the hospital in an hour with my mum and dad, then tonight out to dinner with my 2 daughters and son. He is driving 80 mile to surprise me so I have to keep schtum and do the big 'I can't believe you're here!' bit......I think it's pretty obvious I am a happy bunny today.
                Hope you all have one just as good as mine!

Comment

:bday7:HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY TWIN !!!inkele::crazymonkey::dancingskel::alf:

Have a fantastic day!! xxx

PS love your new mantra I need to make one up!!
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

Happy BD Mauri and Daisy!!
                    It is so great you are giving yoursleves the best gift ever - you should be so proud!:goodjob:
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thanks Scotlass; had a great day with my mum and dad and children; I feel blessed today.
                      How are you doing?

Comment

I am delighted you are having a good day - I am listening to me (not the voices in my head thou) and taking it easy - really weary today, but otherwise hanging in - work keeps the thoughts to a dull roar, the weekends really are harder - have to have plans to deal with that.
                        The posts today are all upbeat and that really does help to put things right in the world, we have a great group.

Comment

I've noticed that too Scotlass - makes all the difference......
                          You've got a few days now to fix a good plan for the weekend; I think of them as just another day and really that is all they are....... maybe plan something different from what you would normally do
                          and with different people.
                          I even rearranged my furniture just so it isn't like when I was drinking - someone here advised that and you know, it does make a difference.
                          Glad you are doing ok; plenty of rest now.....

Comment

Good morning Daisy

Wow you two (SL and you) really are night owls aren't you!

Glad you had such a lovely day Daisy, another year older, another year wiser !!

Any plans for the day today? It is raining here and DH is back at work so I need to think of something to occupy me and DS!
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Mauri; glad to hear you are doing so well and that your wee man is too! I am sure he can give you some ideas on how your day should go.
                              I am in the process of changing the night owl situation, but after my busy day yesterday, ended up sitting up until 2am. I always have to have a bit of 'me' time at the end of the day when the kids are in bed. Then I was up at 6am to see my son off - he only stayed overnight and had a 2hour drive to get to work.
                              ..so ended up having a bit of a lie-in which is not in my plan (must tweak that one).
                              We have another fine looking day here - our weather is sunny and showery at the minute which we are quite happy with......
                              After my late start, I am heading to the gym, then going to have a day of ironing. When I do the ironing, I always watch a film or two....now, I only iron about once a month, so it can take me about 4 hours....
                              I would also like to get a swim before the day is over - you would not believe the feed I had last night when we went for dinner!
                              Well, that is my plan anyway - let's see how it goes....

Comment

Sorry its raining with you Mauri! AGAIN! I am not a night owl, it is an 8 hr time difference for me here in California - I am usually posting with very few people when I log in during witching hour - I get much more chat when I sneak in at lunchtime like now!! I am staying up later thou and reading when I go to bed - much better than stumbling off and passing out, waking up in the middle of the night for water!!
                                Start of week 2 - took my new dog out for a long walk before it got too hot, then a romp in the dog park, he is zonked out now and it is getting hot. I am working from home today - I take call and was up a lot last night, benifit is not having to drive to the office...
                                Hope you twins are having a good day

Comment

Working...
                                X