Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Thursday 26th July

Good morning Abbers!

Hot, humid & not a hint of sun at the moment. Temp heading to 99+ degrees today so I guess I'd better ice down my chickens again :H

Sorry about the toes Mick
    Did they say anything about soaking it to help draw out the infection? Retired nurse Lav is alway on virtual duty

Greetings shue ~ glad you found a cool place to hang out!
    My appetite definitely decreases as the temps increase, ugh.

Lily, you are doing great! Keep battling on & you will soon see your big 3-0
    A few months from now you'll be in the habit of not drinking, believe it or not!

Greetings Satz!

Daisy, Destiniey & porqoui, wishing all of you the strength to hang tight, stay connected to MWO & most of all the willingness to follow your plans. That's what it's all about

I have some worked lined up for myself this morning which is a good thing.
    I will be watching my energetic grandsons later this afternoon & evening ~ always a thrill :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Satz....wow 23 days is awesome. That is totally encouraging for me since today is day 2 for me on AB. It is such a HUGE relief to not have to battle with my inner deamons as to whether or not I should drink since it's NOT an option! I take 1 tablet and I go for a check up with my doctor in 2 weeks. I am not a religious person but I did look into a recovery support group that they have through a local church but realized one of counselers is my horse trainers husband! That's just a little weird so I am still looking into other places!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Destiniey;1355133 wrote: Hey Satz....wow 23 days is awesome. That is totally encouraging for me since today is day 2 for me on AB. It is such a HUGE relief to not have to battle with my inner deamons as to whether or not I should drink since it's NOT an option! I take 1 tablet and I go for a check up with my doctor in 2 weeks. I am not a religious person but I did look into a recovery support group that they have through a local church but realized one of counselers is my horse trainers husband! That's just a little weird so I am still looking into other places!
        It IS awesome Dest and I have to tell you I never would have believed it. The AB REALLY helps as you CAN NOT , even if you wanted to , take that 'just the one' drink.
        I bought a book about 2 years ago - detox your liver in 9 days - I actully couldn't do 9days . A weekend without alcohol ??? are you mad ???
        Now I've done 3 and found it quite easy once I get to keep busy and not dwell on it

Comment

Wow..wow...wow! That is GREAT! i am so looking forward to this new chapter in my life...it's actually exciting! Do you find a difference in the way you feel after you detox your liver and what is the name of the book?
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Destiniey;1355147 wrote: Wow..wow...wow! That is GREAT! i am so looking forward to this new chapter in my life...it's actually exciting! Do you find a difference in the way you feel after you detox your liver and what is the name of the book?
            I haven't taken the book back down yet :H
            Will do soon.
            Joined a gym :upset: They are MAKING me eat properly and the wine was stopping me losing weight . The game was up as everything else was correct in my food diary - but I never wrote in the alcohol.
            Eventually I had to take the plunge and take the AB

Comment

Day 26 here... officially the longest I have been Al Free. Sadly, that's literally for the last 20-odd years.

I have my big dinner tonight but I feel pretty secure that I will not drink. I'm too determined to reach 30 to fail now. But I know it will be tempted. Am steeling myself with good, reinforcing thoughts in advance.

On which note, on the topic of longterm sobriety I posted about yesterday, I happened to see this, this morning, which was really helpful and inspiring..

How Successful Alcoholism Recovery Will Change Your Life 5 Years Down the Road

Comment

Congrats on your 26 AF days Lilly
                Soon to be 3-0!!!!

Good article & the idea of synergy really does apply to what's going on ~ at least it has for me
                I haven't had a moment's worth of regret on my decision to remain AF, honestly!

I posted a pic of my Lily on the July Week 4 thread if anyone is interested. She's a real cutie if I do say so myself. I love having complete access to my 3 grandkids & that is a direct result of my decision to be a non-drinking granny. We all have so many great thing to look forward to but only with a clear head
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lav I just checked out your Lilly and, oh my goodness, what a little beauty she is. Those gorgeous ringlets get me every time. So sweet.

Yep, you're right. It's really hard to see it now - without that longterm perspective - but the daily positive action involved in becoming AF can only add up to great things. Just as the daily destructive actions of drinking result in cumulative bad effects - the extent of which I'm only just starting to realize with a little perspective.

Turnagain, I am LOVING your story and eagerly awaiting each update. I mean, obviously I don't love that you had to go through that, but I love the way you write about it. Please keep it coming. I also re-posted your post here to me on another thread (Guitarista's thread) because it seemed really pertinent to a discussion another member (FreeFly) and I were having. Hopefully it will resonate as much as it did for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X