Awesome August Abstainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good difference a day makes, just another reason not to drink when we have a bad one. I am having a lot less pain fortunately, and I was shocked at how big a trigger it was for thoughts of drinking. In the past, pain and certain kinds of sickness always called for a special concoction that was strong enough to numb and sedate. Even as a child that sort of thing was called for by my mother so the habit is rooted in my very bones. I am glad I didn?t drink, particularly when I was royally uncomfortable about the whole thing. Thanks for the nursing, Lav. Chill, I don?t think I have told you that I am fascinated and cheered by your efforts and plans. I am so insecure and such a control freak that I have never in my life moved anywhere without first obtaining a job (or, as a student, a funded program), after which I sort of make concentric circles around the work location looking for a home. I haven?t minded moving alone to a strange place but haven?t wanted to be too far from my employment/school and always have to be able to walk, bike, or use buses/trains etc. just in case I have car trouble or even no car. So much of my personal security has been in being able to support myself no matter what. The fact that you repeatedly have the expectation and conviction that things will fall in place (and then they always do!) is so out of my league in trusting anyone or anything. I think I need to release my grip a bit before my fingers shatter:H. Thanks. In the time being, while I am feeling better, sitting still remains not in my best interest so bye for now. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

One week done! (apart from big hen do night out when I sipped a small glass of wine all night)

Absolutely knackered due to throwing myself into exercise (all or nothing in everything kind of girl)

Glad to be doing this together - despite my lack of posts its down to you lot that I feel stronger every day.

I'm doing this - and it's working! Xxxx

1st goal: 100 days
      2nd goal: 1 year
      ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Good Evening Abstainers,

It's been a crazy day.....I cooked virtually all day....chicken piccata, beef stroganoff....and I am not done yet. But, I was able to accomplish all that I set out to do today because I am AF. Tonight I can go to bed with a feeling of achievement. Oddly enough, I have been so pre-occupied with planning my vacation with Anne and her son, that I have forgotten to take my 30 mg. of Baclofen 2 days in a row. I didn't even miss it; didn't feel anxiety-ridden,.

LBH-I am so sorry to hear of the tragic death of your friend's wife. How horrific! I am glad you and your friend have stayed in touch. So sorry to hear of your muscle spasm/pinched nerve, too, and thrilled that you fought off the beast.

IMT and Nellie:welcome: Congrats on your AF days. Stick with us.

Chill-I am thrilled to hear you found a town you love, and that you have a romantic interest.

Star-I have had quite enough of cooking....I know you spend Sundays cooking for the week. After preparing two hot meals today, I think it might be a while before I cook again.

Big hello to Lav, SD, Cyn, Rustop, Dill, and anyone I may have missed...have a wonderful AF night.

Comment

But what vegan dishes are you preparing Rusty? :H :H
          Sounds like you are having a Martha Stewart kind if day. Our AFness is a wonderful thing

Nellie, congrats to yuo on your AF time!
          Keep going & keep getting stronger, you won't be sorry.

LBH, glad you are on the mend
          I understand about the control freak tendancies......I have them too. My Mom taught me when I was very young 'Control or be controlled'. That was her way of teaching us to protect ourselves from the major control freak of all....my Dad
          So at this ripe old age I am learning to let go of a lot. My burden feels much lighter

Have a great night one & all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Great to see everyone doing so well. Chill - you have whetted the appetite, can't wait to hear more. It's all go here. I am so glad we are going away, it's something to look forward to.

Just wanted to wish you all happy hump day.

Rustop

Comment

Silly O'Clock here in Wisconsin....Good Hump Day Morning to My Friends here,

Rustop-enjoy your time away. You absolutely deserve it....the way you cart around children and horses.....present for every important moment, there to see every award achieved. You never stop.....but now, just collapse and enjoy.

I pick up Anne and her son at 1:45 and I still have lots to do so I will say have a great AF hump day, everyone!

Comment

Hi everyone

Rusty - I missed who Anne is but I hope you have a great time together and she enjoys your culinary skills.

Rustop - when and where is your holiday? Is it just you and Hubby? I hope its going to be a relaxing one for you after all the running about you do.

:hello: to Nellie, exercise is a great AF motivator, keep up the good work.

LBH - Thank you for your kind words. Like Lav I was a control freak way back then but when life throws so many curve balls that you cant control, you finally surrender and hand it over the the Universe.

My path has not been through choice but necessity and if it were up to me I'd be back in my secure controlled little life where the next 20 years were all planned out! Obviously that wasnt my desiny and so I can do little else than accept this scary and unpredictable existence. All I really want is a little home, a quiet life and someone to love, just like everyone else.

I did the drive back this morning to the city and already miss the beautiful farmlands of Suffolk. It feels wrong to be here and Im hoping for word on the house I saw soon, the Landlord just needs to absolutely confirm he will accept pets but he is away on holiday and the agent is trying to contact him. I will be so disapointed if its another no as it would be perfect and I can move in before the end of August.

On the romantic side, well its all so very new but I have just spent 5 whole days with a lovely man who has kind of swept me off my feet....

Happy humpback guys
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;1361531 wrote:

On the romantic side, well its all so very new but I have just spent 5 whole days with a lovely man who has kind of swept me off my feet....
                  :upset::upset::upset:

Hi Chilli.

Hey, best of luck for the property. Fingers crossed here. Safe travels.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical rest of the week.

Take care. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Thanks everyone for your support.

Whew, feeling so much better today. Each hurdle crossed is another step to freedom.

Quick check in here at work, will be back later.

IMT
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Good morning friends!

Rustop, I must say have a wonderful trip even though I am profoundly jealous :H
                      We all deserve a little treat from time to time......

Rusty, hope you have a great time with your cousin

Chill, keeping my fingers crossed for you on all fronts

Hi there G & IMT!

I need to stop procrastinating & get my day going. First thing is Curves & egg delivery then whatever floats my boat :H
                      Wishing everyone a great AF Hump Day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just a quick check-in here. It's been a nice, lazy day and I'm loving the quiet and slow pace. In fact, I think my next step will be to curl up and take a nap!

Happy Humpday!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Rustop--Enjoy your vacation--it is VERY much deserved!! My son and I are heading to the cities the weekend for a quick trip in to see the Twins play Friday night and then do some school shopping on Saturday--it was the only way I could get him to do the school shopping part!! :H

Rusty--You have a great time too with your cousin...although I think I missed where you were headed to?? Sorry!! Your food selections sounded fabulous though!! YUM!!! And, Rusty, I'm back at looking at donor apps. on the cyrobank website!! Kinda upset with myself for putting what I wanted on hold for that dweeb...I guess I didn't know at the time???

Dill--you totally have the right idea with the nap...I think the closer it gets to the 16th, the more my body wants to stay in bed...I feel the anxiety getting more and more with every passing day...it shouldn't be like this I just know it!! I'm hoping it goes away once school starts and the kids get there--if its like last year (in the least bit) this will be my last year there!!!

Lav--I hope you have a great day doing whatever floats your boat!! That's my mom's favorite expression!!! Too funny!!

IMT and Nellie--great job on rackin' up those AF days!! Feels awesome!!

HI G!!

Chill--keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out wonderfully!! I really do love the first part of meeting someone...because when you first meet someone they are kind, considerate, polite...all that good stuff....but all that good stuff shouldn't go away....its when someone keeps treating you like that....day after day...month after month....etc...when you know you've got yourself a keeper. I hope this guy is your keeper!!:l

LBH--I'm sorry to hear about your friend's wife. It's so nice that you too have kept in contact so he had someone to reach out to! Hope your back feels better too!!:l

Pap3-Hope all is well is Pap-land!! Star, big hello to you too!!!

Well...I've done little to nothing all day...and well pretty much all day yesterday...I really should get something done. Ugh!!
                          Have a great afternoon!!
                          SD
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Hello my wonderful friends. Need some more shoulders to cry on I'm afraid. Its been confirmed that my little LM has a very serious kidney disease. Not failure at this point but something called Glomerulonephritis. He's outwardly asymptomatic but his numbers are not good. I started the meds regamine tonite. We still have one more test to get back but I'm not hopeful. If we are very very lucky, I will have him for the rest of his natural life, about 5 years. But more likely he only has one, maybe 2 years left. He looks so good and is so impish that it breaks my heart to know what is going on inside of him. As far as Mick and his heart murmur goes, I've heard from a number of papfriends tonite who have or have had dogs that lived to be ripe old ages with far worse mumurs so I feel better about that part.

Chill-you are so right about the curveballs Life throws at us. I sure would like a low fastball once in a while tho!! I'm sending tons of positive thoughts that the landlord says yes to you and Elle. Also hoping your new man is THE ONE!! You so deserve everything you are going for!!

Rustop-so excited for you that your trip is coming up so quickly!!

Rusty-have a great visit with your cousin!! She's sure to enjoy your culinary achievements!!

SD-hoping this year at school is much much better than last. Enjoy the game with your son!!

IMT and Nellie-great job you two!! Keep up the great work!!

Hi G-so happy to see you post here almost regularly!!

Dill, Star, Jolie, LBH-I always look forward to your posts-feels like home.

time to feed the kids and crawl into bed. As much as my gut says to stay home with LM tomorrow on my day off, I am going to force myself to go to a huge quilt show with fellow papfriends. I can't become a hermit over this.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                            X