AF day Monday 6th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Monday 6th August

Thanks for the warm welcome, Lavande, Porquoi and Mick. I'm doing okay so far, but it's only 1pm. I did get my butt out and walked though.

I appreciate all of your concerns about social events. It does feel good to get through them without alcohol, and the best part is that you are safe to drive home when everyone else gets a little too stupid. My sister and I are going on vacation in September, and she has agreed to also be AF during that time. It's good to have support.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

a big fat welcome :welcome: to you, Youngatheart! i'm glad to see you here.
      and hello to you Porquoi! i'm very glad your eye is better-- and that it seems to be looking up with the legal issues. easier times they are a comin'! thank you for all of your support. any time you read something inspiring or full of great info., could you pass it on? i'm trying to learn how to post links. how pathetic is that? i mean that i can't yet.

Lav, it cracks me up everytime you say, "Yikes"! it's something my stepmom says a lot and the girls picked it up when we visited last christmas.-- so i have two little yike-sers running around the house. i love it.

ok.just wanted to say hi and get a bit of a reality check. i'm working on a new reality, you know!

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

:H Life,
        When I say 'yikes' I think it's just a nicer way to say what you really want to say if yuo know what I mean
        If you want to post a link to another web page just copy the web address then paste it here (or wherever you want to post it). I highlight the web address, press 'control C' then press 'control V' to paste it. PM me for more lessons :H

Nice that you have your sister's suport YoungAtHeart!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

All great posts!

2 meetings today, meet with sponsor and sign my little guy up for football. And work too.

Sorry so short....I just like to check in. Keeps me honest

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

sooo funny Lav!! i was wondering if that "Yikes" was standing in place of some other sort of word!! i won't let the girls in on it yet! thanks for the "cut and paste 101 +brief"! will try it out soon.

hello to you, Sunflower! good for you on getting to those meetings. i'm going get to one this week-- the sentence i just erased said i'm going to try to get to one this week but.... and i realized there is definately one i can go to friday night--no excuses!

have a great night, rest of your day everyone-- i will be even later signing in tomorrow than i was today, but i will be here for sure!

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

Late check in for me - great to read everyone's posts.

Sunflower - I'm like you - checking in keeps me on track.

Hi Mick, Shue, Satz, Lilly and Lifechange, Lav, Porquoi,

Young at Heart - I'm sure we were on together a few years back - I just logged in again after I don't know how long off.

Satz - for parties, I find that when I offer to be designated driver, I have no choice but not to drink, and It stops people from pressuring me to have even just one.

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

Oh Mick - missed the pool - got dragged to the treadmill for a team challenge (something about 100 degrees outside prevents the nice trail run :0( - I think you could still do the pool with a bad toe right?

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

lifechange;1360658 wrote: hi and hugs to Lilly!! don't let those slippery thoughts get the best of you! i think it would be great if you could somehow focus on getting to that next goal with as much power as you did working on getting to the 30 days. this is where that blind faith has to kick in again. it must get easier at some point. all the "old timers" say so. you are so busy with work, i know, but is there some other sort of goal that is very meaningful to you that you could work hard on getting closer to right now? i liked this article on the spiritual river site very much--i'm sure you've read it.--about how important it is to be growing and bettering our lives each and every day. i was definately lacking there.
                  Thanks for that Life! I read this on a fly by this morning and have been thinking about it on and off all day. I think you're totally right on both accounts. I need a new AF goal and some other new powerful goals - that encourage staying AF - to focus on. I do feel a bit adrift somehow right now and feel myself growing complacent. Must pull myself out of it.

Comment

AF day Monday 6th August

Also, Satz, I just read the 'Has all the fun gone' thread in General and Supercrew had some great comments on what we were discussing about AF events feeling like a trial. I guess we need to adjust our thinking on this and have faith it'll get easier in time. But I agree with Shue, an Irish wedding... yeesh, talk about a challenge to the newly sober. OMFG. IS there any way you can just not go?

Welcome Young
                    !

Comment

Working...
                    X