Weekly AA Thread - Aug. 6 - 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I have been here since July 2006 and I only have 545 posts.
    What is up with that?
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Phil. You only have that many posts because you "pass" too much! Speak up! :H:H

I was thinking about forgiveness yesterday while driving around. I was thinking about it in the context of some family things - that is an area where forgiveness sometimes comes hard for me. A friend of mine in AA was sexually abused as a child by her father. She believes her mother knew, and did nothing. Her and I have talked about forgiveness. I have asked her - how can you ever forgive things like that? She told me that what she tries to do is rather than focus on trying to forgive, she leaves that part in her HPs hands. What she tries to focus on is just letting it go (so she is not filled with resentment).

There is something I like about the idea of trying to just let go if the idea of forgiveness is just too much right now. Maybe the process / what actually happens is the same and I'm just using a different word for it. But...whatever the reason... sometimes just thinking about letting go feels possible to me where forgiveness might not seem within reach.

One of the things I love about AA is have a place to talk about some of these types of things. This thread is such a place at MWO for me.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X