Awesome August Abstainers ~ week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav-I think its great that you love Curves so much. Good for you for signing up for another year. has it been a year already? My my. No tornados that I know about. Watch is over and stars are out. Despite the forecast it is cool enough to turn off the AC and open the window thank goodness.
    Nite nite.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning Awesome people

It feels Awesome to be up early on a Saturday totally rested and ready to go to the gym. It's time to get off the couch and back to the gym.

I have been terribly tired/lazy the past weeks and I know it's related to being AF and didn't feel bad about it. But the switch went off last night that it's time to get going physically, that will make me feel that much better emotionally. Plus I need to lose 20 pounds that is my motivation.

I am truly happy that I have given booze the boot and know it's an adjustment period I am going through. It's feels soooooo different this time than my past tries, it really is my time. I love being free from the shackles of AL. I was counting every drink I had, even 1 or 2 - it was too much. Rarely was it 1 or 2.

Day 27 and so very happy to remember every single second of them.

Thanks for all your support!!
      new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Good morning Awesome Ones!

IMT, I am so happy for you
        Turning that corner & accepting that any amount of AL is just not good for us is a big deal.
        I really love waking up not thinking about it until I come here each day to pledge another day of abstinence. I still go to Quit Net each morning to pledge no smoking too ~ keeps me honest

Looks like another hot & humid day on the way here papmom......SOS

I plan on doing some cleanup around here ~ well that's the plan anyway :H
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Awesomes, Papmom that was very helpful reading how you managed to break your daily habit. I like your suggestion to not go directly home after work and if I lived alone that would work for me. But Mr. D is home alone all day and for some reason looks forward to having me get home after work. Many an evening I wonder why because I can be sullen if I am gripped by cravings! I think the key for me is simply not to STOP between work and home. I must learn to drive directly home without stopping. That's where I think I can most successfully break the chain.

Lav, yes, the Hylands products are much more affordable which is why I went that route. I think the Seredyn folks should sell a trial size, don't you? I don't want to put that much money out for a product I have not got complete confidence in. Believe me, I've done plenty of that during this past 3 years, searching for the cure!
          I am truly happy that I have given booze the boot and know it's an adjustment period I am going through. It's feels soooooo different this time than my past tries, it really is my time. I love being free from the shackles of AL.
          That's the spirit! I love the energy you bring here IMT and I have been soaking it up like a sponge. I can honestly say that it has truly been a shot in the arm for me. So glad you joined us here.:h

I guess it is odd that after all this time I would be back to talking about the basics like this, but having gone off the rails like I did last spring I'm afraid it may be a bit rough for me when I get back to the work routine.

Speaking of routine, I am about to do my Saturday morning routine. I must say I enjoy it 1000 times better without the weekly Saturday morning hangover I used to take along with me!! Every now and then I have flashbacks to those times and I feel grateful to be hangover-free. See you there, LBH!

Happy AF Saturday.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I was indeed at my diner for breakfast and thought precisely of you, Dill. I too liked Pap?s routine very much, and suspect that rather than just avoiding something, putting something else in its place is super helpful. Perhaps Mr. Dill could meet you out somewhere? Lord Bird Heart has certainly changed his ways for me, most particularly no more elaborate dinners at home, prepared with a flourish to be formally served and lingered over. He was fine with it but only after I told him why?at first he thought I was depressed or had a wandering eye?and he was actually quite visibly relieved to find it was just due to that pesky little matter of the cook's alcoholism:H. Humor went along way even though each of you know there is far more to it:l. Now it's a smoothie, a salad, or a sandwich and Netflix, and we are having a fine time with it and each other. A good day here so far and looking for more of it. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Hi all! Doing well another week gone and not felt like a drop once! I love this new chapter of my life x

1st goal: 100 days
              2nd goal: 1 year
              ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Nellie, that is awesome! I'm so happy to hear such a positive post and that you are hanging in there and doing so well!

LBH, it's so great that LordB is supporting you along the way. It must be a help to you too, because he is a living example that it can be done and that life can be enjoyed af! I too still have a hard time with meal preparation, even after all this time. Quite often I just by-pass it altogether and we go out or order in. I've never explained why to Mr. D.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening kids

Dill, LBH & anyone else ~ feel free to discuss whatever is on your mind, whatever concerns you the most. That way we can share ideas, what works, what doesn't.....

I don't remember if I ever mentioned that back when I very first joined MWO in Feb '09 I was here alone. It was another one of those times when YB had run off for a few weeks. It was the second time he had done that & I never knew why - just assumed it was my fault (in his mind). He still, to this very day has not given me any explanation whatsoever. You see the pure craziness I have dealt with the past four decades?
                  Dill & LBH, you are both fortunate to have mentally stable spouses who are willing to go through these changes with you

nellie, congrats to you on your continued success!!!!

I have not slept real well all this week & not sure why. I think has something to do with the full moon......typical. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Wakey wakey kids :H

A decent weather day here ~ finally
                    So nice to be able to step out the door & not be smacked in the face with a wall of humidity. I plan to enjoy this because I'm sure it won't last long

Hope everyone has a terrific AF Sunday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning

Happy Sober Sunday!! I am very fortunate to have a supporting hubs as well. We have been together since our late teens and will be married 27 years this month. We have always partied together and were drinking buddies. At first I thought he would miss having drinks with me, but we still have drinks except mine don't have alcohol in them LOL He is supporting me 100% and my happiness is # 1. We have been out with our friends and I have as much if not more fun without the AL. I am kinder to myself sober and drinking was truly depleting my soul. One night of partying ruined the days following with the anxiety, guilt and shame.

Well, feeling pretty good after another sober weekend. I don't miss it at all and was the only one not drinking last night and it didn't bother me an ounce. I haven't felt like this the past 4 years trying to quit. I know it had to happen not only to rid myself of the emotional problems it causes, but also the health reasons. I want to be around a long time to see grandchildren and be present.

Peace and love my Awesome friends
                      new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone

Still around, my last lot of visitors left Friday and second bunch come today. Been manic getting everything done as we leave very early Friday am. My daughter is competing in horse show Thursday so I am packing today as will be gone all week.

Just wanted to drop in and let you all know I am thinking of you. Will be back in full force in September.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Awesomes,
                          Lav, did YB run off occasionally during all your life together or did that develop in recent years? Did he do it before you became af? It's curious that he gives no explanation. I really can't relate to that and I do feel for you. You have a lot of inner strength.:h

IMT, you're amazing! I think it's great that your hubby is so supportive. I take it from your post that HB has no problem in terms of knowing when to stop and being able to stop. Good for him! Has he cut back at all as a result of you abstaining? Just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Rustop, I was watching a movie the other night called Mrs. Brown, starring Judy Dench. There was the most beautiful white pony in it and I thought of you. I think it was the breed that you told me about and that your daughters ride but at the moment, I can't think of the name of it. It was gorgeous!
                          Dill

Comment

Hi all,

Itsmytime - I feel the same way... Had a few feeble attempts in the past and for some reason this time it feels so totally different. I think it has a lot to do with a few things: 1 Just had my third child and my eldest is five now. She's being moved up a year and I am so proud of her. I stopped working full time a year ago and I think she's really benefitting from having me there to drop off and pick up everyday. 2 Its the 13th anniversary of my parents' dying - both within 6 months of each other. They were amazing and I still miss them everyday. The only bad memory I have of growing up is that my mum in particular drank a little too much. She worked very hard and never ever let me down but I don't want my daughter to have a memory of me drunk or smelling of wine. I kind of feel that I've self-medicated for 13 years and although I have done amazingly well in career, have a fantastic husband and everything I need, I don't want booze to affect the future potential I have and also the power I have to positively influence my children's lives. 3 I have a strong feeling that the best is yet to come in life and that if I don't ditch the vino I will have regrets. This is my worst nightmare. 4 I have tried countless times to 'moderate' - I simply cannot. No one knows how much of an internal problem I've had - how much of a battle, an exhausting battle it has been to keep it in check (apart from hubby). I firmly believe that I am genetically predisposed to drink heavily as is my husband. He is very easily led and already has almost stopped himself too. We are both now hitting exercise and feeling great.

I'm proud of us all on here - i honestly do think that an awful lot of people (mum's of young children in particular) are developing a bit of an unhealthy dependence on wine to wind down. I'm just grateful that I've put a stop to it now and am looking forward to the rest of my life as a happy, fulfilled mum, wife and strong woman.

Oh and 5 The Olympics - i truly believe that London 2012 HAS inspired a generation - including my own!

Thanks for listening - babbling now so off to shower and get ready for the closing ceremony. But I feel that it has inspired me to open a new chapter in my life for me and my family !!! xxx

1st goal: 100 days
                            2nd goal: 1 year
                            ultimate goal: forever

Comment

IMT, I believe we are all kinder to ourselves when we kick AL OUT
                              Possibly because we also tend to pay more attention to nutrition, exercise, spiritual self-development & all that Oh, and you'll love being a granny!!!

Dill, YB was never a runner. He did spend a LOT of time hiding at work & at the firehouse though. What really unglued him was retiring from the police department. He lost his identity & basically went nitz
                              Interesting that this afternoon he showed up to cut grass but decided to trim the overgrown shrubs out front first which I appreciate because I refuse to use the huge (heavy) electric trimmers. Didn't he swing that thing & cut his knee open?? Thankfully I have a good first aid kit :H
                              I still feel kinda sorry for him because his thinking has been so screwed up but he is at least trying to act more normal. I don't know

nellie, we are proud of you too
                              Taking control of your life NOW is the best possible choice for you & your family. Glad yuo are here with us!

My self-medicating now involves some relaxing decaf green tea & a beautiful guided meditation!
                              Self care is what it's all about!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning kids!

I'm back for another exciting day on my AF journey, how about you?

I am ready to head out to Curves to get my day started with a bit of exercise & a lot of laughs :H
                                Some of those ladies are a real hoot!

I'll have to text YB - see how his knee is doing after yesterday's fiasco
                                Good to know my first aid skills are still right on

Have a terrific AF Monday one & all!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X