AF day Monday 13th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry crossposted with TDN.... That sounds horrendous, and in short, i hope you feel that you cannot get involved. As an employer, i would be hoping you would tell me exactly whats going on. You could get blamed for covering up for this person abusing perscription drugs and al at work. Inexcusable and grounds for firing without compensation. She needs help. Lavs comment is right on as usual.
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Helloooo,

Tired tonight - coming off a sugar rush. I got into some sour candies at work today.

Kaslo, now thinking I should pull that book out and try 1 more time to finish it. I did find the beginning a little hard to read.

Another AF Monday night for me.

My new afterwork routine.

Drive directly home ( now I don't have to remember which liquor store I went to the night before. Don't want anyone thinking I drink too much)

Feed cat and clean up kitchen

Pour my self a nice cold club soda and lime (here's the best part)

Sit on couch, pull out iPad and log on here!

Have a good evening y'all

A sleepy CanToo
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Hi Fabbaroonies,

Some fabulous posts going on. I'm flying in and out again but great to read all the updates.

Kas, that is really interesting and I'm going to have to try and check that one out. I completely agree about drinking to deal with pain. Interestingly, I've been having some thoughts/memories from childhood crop up lately and I can't help wonder if some of this stuff we bury is bound to resurface once we quit drinking. But, as Lav said, we may drink to kill the pain but ironically it ultimately causes a whole lot more pain both emotional and physical. (I appreciated the 'wind chime' comments too - ha - as self helpy stuff can really turns me off even though sometimes it conceals invaluable insights.)

This also made me think of discussions I've had with my therapist about how people with anxiety come up with all these strategies to cope with anxiety (such as drinking) but a lot of them can cause yet MORE anxiety! So it's ultimately a pointless and destructive way of coping with the unhappy feelings. We have to push through and find better ways, which might be harder at first but ultimately far more healing and productive.

ThreeDog, where do you work that someone could get away with that kind of behavior in the workplace? I think you should use her as inspiration - an example of where continuing to drink will lead you. Drinking and taking prescription drugs at work AND before driving AND a marriage counseling session? Yes, she very, very much needs help but you can't supply that right now least of all. Please try and draw some boundaries if you can. :l

Comment

chiming in before benedryl kicks in.

TDN-I totally agree with Lav and Kas and everyone else. You cannot help your friend at this point. She needs professional help. You need your job more than she needs you to cover for her. You have no license yet and it took you forever to find this gig. You need to tell your boss what is going on so you don't get blamed for aiding and abetting. Especially if she drinks/drugs and drives and you know about it. I have a former friend whose daughter was out clubbing with a friend. She and the friend left, the friend got into her car after declining my friend's daughter's offer to drive. Ended up killing a pedestrian. My friend's daughter was charged with something, can't remember what but it took some high priced lawyers to get the charge dismissed. It was a nightmare for my friend. It hurt so much to watch her go through this. You need to look out for you, and you only at this point. :l

Still no word on the job. They have hired the new person for the position I was denied as a promotion. Fastest search process in the school's history. 3.5 weeks from posting to offer/accept. Something fishy here. Hope I can pull up my BGP on Monday and give her a warm welcome. Not her fault and she will never know that I was denied the position unless I or someone else tells her. Still, Grrrrr.

Mojo has left the building.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
          X