AF day Wednesday Aug 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Fabsters. Reading back here, excuse me but triage is necessary in the Porqui department. Dont like the sound of your post at all, and I hope you will take the sage advice above and PM someone you trust. Here is the thing, this isnt AA. The drink tracker is a suggestion. We are after serious abstinece here, and we use what ever it takes. drugs, food, forgiveness, patience, arse kickings, sweet talking, you name it. If you have already started drinking, post as soon as you are able. Perhaps check into Need help now.

Quitting alcohol is not for the faint of heart. It takes cojones, balls, chutzpa and daring. It takes determination and time and a safe place and help from people who know whats goin on.

Anyway, I hope you are not giving up on yourself, because its just starting for you.

kas
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo;1364721 wrote: Hi Fabsters. Reading back here, excuse me but triage is necessary in the Porqui department. Dont like the sound of your post at all, and I hope you will take the sage advice above and PM someone you trust. Here is the thing, this isnt AA. The drink tracker is a suggestion. We are after serious abstinece here, and we use what ever it takes. drugs, food, forgiveness, patience, arse kickings, sweet talking, you name it. If you have already started drinking, post as soon as you are able. Perhaps check into Need help now.

Quitting alcohol is not for the faint of heart. It takes cojones, balls, chutzpa and daring. It takes determination and time and a safe place and help from people who know whats goin on.

Anyway, I hope you are not giving up on yourself, because its just starting for you.

kas
      Excellently put as always Kaz. Yes, Porquoi, PLEASE take action - whether that is posting here, PMing someone, posting in 'Need Help' or heading to an AA meeting. And forget the damn tracker - it is irrelevant. What is relevant is you getting the help you need to save your life by not drinking. Again, if you have drunk, don't let that drive you away from posting - that's the LAST thing you want to do as then the only way is down. We will all be hoping to hear an update from you soon.

Comment

Porquoi,

You have a bunch of people who know and care about you. I hope you can contact someone soon.

:l:l:l:l:l:l
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Porquoi, I don't know you very well, but I care too. I hope you are PM'ing someone that you know well.

Please keep trying. Porquoi pas? It won't hurt anything to keep trying.

Hugs, :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Pourquoi, I'm here, too. Have relapsed before, so know the feeling. But please PM me or anyone else here. Don't sink into that abyss! It's so hard to climb out.
            "One day at a time."

Comment

thanks everyone and yes i drank.
              i feel so ashamed and unworthy.
              just can't quit crying right now.
              guess i posted for a cry for help and wow here you are
              going to try and get some sleep.
              if the gun doesn't come in the mail i'll check in tomorrow

Comment

Ok well all is not lost. Dont be too hard on yourself, tomorrow is another day. You gotta ask yourself WHY did this happen. What lead you there. What can you do to prevent that, lessons learned? Etc.

kas
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

(((((((Porquoi))))))

I'm so glad you checked in. I was worrying about you and also if you were finding the support you needed here. It can be so hard to keep up with everyone and read between the lines of what people are posting in the flurry of posts I think the depth of people's struggles and pain can get missed unless you shout it out but it doesn't mean people don't care. I think we all want to see everyone here get better and it's so sad when it's clear someone is in real pain.

And, you know, it wasn't hard to guess you'd drank from the misery and defeated tone of your post - sadly that's where drinking leads us. But you CAN step away from that. It isn't easy but you can.

Fittingly, given your chosen name here, as Kas said, WHY is a good question to ask right now? What led to the slip? (Did it help anything? Sounds like it only made things worse?)

Get some sleep. Eat something healthy and get some water into you if you can. Please check in tomorrow and see if you can get back on track with getting to a better place. You clearly want to or you wouldn't have made it here in the first place, right?

:h

Comment

Working...
                  X