Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome August Abstainers ~ week 3

Good Morning Guys

Sorry for being MIA but life has been incredibly hectic and I haven't had a moment to myself. The remainder of my belongings went into storage last night and today with some clothes and personal items I leave the city for good and start my new life in the beautiful County of Suffolk! I hope to find a place to rent within a few weeks and can then have my furniture and stuff delivered down there. I'm very excited about this new start, my life has had so many changes in the last 18 months through necessity and for once I'm doing something that I really want to do and my dream of living back in the countryside is coming true.

I also received my Diploma in Nutrition with distiction which I'm incredibly proud of considering I dropped out of school at 15. All these things would never have been possible unless I was AF and I'm so very grateful to have had the chance to live again.

LBH - your post also struck home with me, for years I had the internal voices telling me my drinking was out of control and I actually knew that I just couldn't say it out loud to another person as it would mean having to face the reality of it. Even after finding MWO and admitting it to everyone here it still took time to say it to others. Looking back I'm so very grateful to certain people who showed up for me, I had a wonderful ex addict friend and another from AA who rooted for me so much in the early days.

Papmom - your appreciation of life's beauty is inspiring and it's these things that really make us see the wonder of living. Your mojo isn't far away. Sending love to the pups.

I will check in again once Im safely in sleepy Suffolk. Goodbye city life, Chill is going home.....!!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning!

Good luck to you, Chill, in the new life! And congrats on your diploma! That is a real accomplishment! Is this the field you work in? Have to refresh my memory by re-reading your posts.
      The concept of AL as a burden is so true. I have to remember that every day.
      Lav recommended Amoryn for anxiety, and it has helped me. Of course, my anxiety level goes way down when I stay away from AL, but the Amoryn--which I now try to take late in the afternoon, has helped keep me calm and focused. I have two bottle in my freezer in addition to the bottle I am using.
      Almost finished reading BLAME. and do recommend it. A novel, but coule be non-fiction IMO.
      Lav, cloudy and looking like a bit of rain before it clears for the day. The clear sailing for the rest of the week! Perfect weather!
      I hope everybody has a great AF day!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning,

TDN - I just finished Blame a couple of weeks ago, it was a good book. I have also started taking Amoryn and feel the positive effects kicking in. I have tried so many AD in the past but the side effects were horrible. Amoryn seems to be good so far in that aspect.

Feeling quit amazing to be honest. I had a good friend ask me yesterday how long was I taking a break from drinking - I haven't committed to saying I quit yet, even though I have - but I was able to with this friend and she was totally supportive and said ya, you gotta do what is best for you. I am feeling so free that I really don't want to drink again. I feel more like myself than I have in years.

Have a great day all.
        IMT
        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Good morning kids

I'm up early, watching my grandsons today - all day! Hope my energy holds out :H

TDN, glad to hear you are feeling better
          We all know what we need to do ~ staying focused really does help us reach our goals. I am very happy for you!

Chill, wishing you the best in your new location! Congrats on the diploma, good job
          I hope you find peace & everything you have been searching for, very exciting.

OK, gotta get going, wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post IMT!

Another Amoryn poster girl, awesome
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

So good to hear from you Star and to find you enduringly sound and level headed in your quest for a healthy life, just moving along toward your goals. I have been thinking of you back at work for your final year there, Dill, for me the last year of my career position ended up being unexpectedly sweet. No matter what happened that was lousy or stressful, there was an end in sight to it, it was the LAST time something or other would happen, the LAST fear or worry I would have about that particular challenge or event. This caused a real cognitive shift for me, things that I would have dreaded became not only manageable but sometimes even precious in all their mess, just like when we manage to live in the NOW, the MOMENT, this impending ending threw me headlong into the present tense. I hope it is that way for you and that your continued recovery path will be eased by it. Enjoy your move Chill and I hope you soon find work there in your new field or another vocational area of your choosing so that you are able to independently stay as happily long as you like. I have been following your memories of your years with your mysterious husband Lav, some of your comments have been hilarious, others touching. I don?t know if any of us started out envisioning our lives as they turned out or as they will continue to unfold. Might have been overly daunting. Rusty, I loved your long interesting reflections, and got a good laugh when you said, ?For other opinions on my post, please read the other threads?. Your days as a media personality have not lost their charm (or fan club it seems). Hello SD, IMT, Nellie, TDN, Pappy, Fly and all on the sober bus (or leaping upon it, chasing after it, waving from the side of the road...). Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

Just a quick check in here. Started the AF Daily thread, filling in for our beloved Mick Love reading the posts here--LBH, you have so much wisdom to share! I didn't know that Rusty was a media personality!! Makes sense when I read her posts and hear about meeting with clients all over the world!
                Dill, are you a teacher? I was a teacher for 26 years, and the last five were horrible. Had changed states and districts and the change was like night and day. Best career was after I left and did educational sales. Only changed companies because the manager who hired me and whom I adored left abruptly. Was laid off from that second company after there was a merger a year later. Anyway, hope the return to the school year is not too crazy!
                Okay--going to read the other threads before going for a walk. Work at 10:00, but get in by 9:30 or so. Beautiful weather here, and that helps me start the day in such a positive frame of mind!!
                Have a great AF day, all!
                TDN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning to all...

Chill, wow, you have had such a year so far, I know you want to find satisfying, fulfilling work, a comfortable home, and likeminded community, and you will keep on looking till you find it. Sending you positive energy, letus know how it is going when you can.

LBH, you are such a sweetheart, and so brave on your journey. An inspiration to me, and I too just keep getting farther and farther away from alcohol. You are right about invisioning our lives as they turned out, I don't think I really thought about being over 40...

Lots of work today, then a four day weekend to move furniture to my daughter's house, so lots of family time. It will again be bittersweet, but I am becoming accustomed to saying goodbye to so many things. Everything changes, nothing stays the same and I keep telling my self that it is OK.

Hello to all, have productive days filled with good things.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning kids!

After a long, long day watching my grandsons yesterday I slept like a rock last night :H
                    Today I go to pick up my grandaughter which will be a nice change

Greetings LBH, TDN & Star. Greetings to everyone!
                    Wishing a terrific AF Hump Day for all of us!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Awesomes, I have been SO BUSY these last 3 days what with the start of work and things to do with my grandkids. I have not had any time to post. I just managed to read the last couple of day's posts.

TDN, I am a school-based speech therapist. This is my last year. I enjoyed reading LBH's perspective on her last year. Lots of wisdom in those words. It can be more bearable, knowing there is an ending soon. I love working with the students, but everything around that has become tedious and stressful. Always new demands, never less.

I hope you are feeling much better, Star. I missed you.

Chill, so happy for you! I often think of you when I am driving through the countryside. It's as if your spirit is along with me somehow.

Lav, Pmom, nellie, IMT, Rusty, we'll all just keep moving away from alcohol. It's a good thing.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X