Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome August Abstainers ~ week 4

Good morning to all...

Hey Pap, sorry about the job and the money problems, you are going through a rough time. The energy in nature is sustaining and so positive, I often gain strength through my backyard and all the beauty that is free and always there. I just paid off my credit card, and do not want to get it charged up again, so much of what I bought lost its glamour quickly. I have found that the more stuff I have, the more burdened I am...why is that? Also, for me, the more I buy, the more I want. Relationship with money and things is complicated. I appreciated your analysis of your history, it made me think.

Chill, thanks for sharing your recent life changes and adventures. He must be a great guy, no matter how it turns out, a nice change for you. Are you going to look for a job in nutrition? I loved that British show on a few years ago, You are what you Eat. Did you ever watch it? It was plant based and individuals made changes in 8 weeks. Fascinating. How wonderful that you are in the country and can enjoy walks, biking, and just a more peaceful energy.

LBH, thanks for your thoughts on having things and not having them. Sometimes barebones elicits inner resources and increased satisfaction. But it is nice to not worry about money.

Rustop, how was your trip? It will be great to have peace after a busy summer.

Hey Rusty, you sound good. And busy, and successful at your job. How cool to be training for a new path, it will keep you fresh, vital and even more interesting.

Dill, so good you had a meaningful summer, it must be hard to go back to school after having time off. Your last year, wow. I know you will make it a good one.

Hi Lav, you sound healthy and busy, thanks for all the support on this site.

Well, looks like my weekend will be rainy, thanks to Issac, as it will be moving up into the Midwest. So, a few days off and several in the house. I will have to think of a home project or something. Busy day at work today, and long hours. I am grateful to have a job and a filled schedule. To all, have a great day.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning kids,

Light rain here at the moment but it's supposed to cleat up later. The news about Issac sounds frightening.

LBH, my garden is also home to turtles, baby bunnies & loads of toads :H
      You never really know who/what is going to pop out of there!

Chill, I wish you happiness, hope everything works out in your favor in your new location & with Mr S
      I can not even think about another man in my life, just not interested. I have no faith left in all that.

Greetings Star, glad to hear you are busy with work too - that's a good thing
      I have plenty of home projects - just don't have the ambition at the moment :H

Papmom, I hope you have a good day, we are all thinking of you :l

Greetings to Dill, SD, Rusty, rustop & everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning to all...

Hey Pap, sorry about the job and the money problems, you are going through a rough time. The energy in nature is sustaining and so positive, I often gain strength through my backyard and all the beauty that is free and always there. Related to your comments about purchasing, I have found that the more stuff I have, the more burdened I am...why is that? Also, for me, the more I buy, the more I want. Relationship with money and things is complicated. I appreciated your analysis of your history, it made me think.

Chill, thanks for sharing your recent life changes and adventures. He must be a great guy, no matter how it turns out, a nice change for you. Are you going to look for a job in nutrition? I loved that British show on a few years ago, You are what you Eat. Did you ever watch it? It was plant based and individuals made changes in 8 weeks. Fascinating. How wonderful that you are in the country and can enjoy walks, biking, and just a more peaceful energy.

LBH, thanks for your thoughts on having things and not having them. Sometimes barebones elicits inner resources and increased satisfaction. But it is nice to not worry about money.

Rustop, how was your trip? It will be great to have peace after a busy summer.

Hey Rusty, you sound good. And busy, and successful at your job. How cool to be training for a new path, it will keep you fresh, vital and even more interesting.

Dill, so good you had a meaningful summer, it must be hard to go back to school after having time off. Your last year, wow. I know you will make it a good one.

Hi Lav, you sound healthy and busy, thanks for all the support on this site.

Well, looks like my weekend will be rainy, thanks to Issac, as it will be moving up into the Midwest. So, a few days off and several in the house. I will have to think of a home project or something. Busy day at work today, and long hours. I am grateful to have a job and a filled schedule. To all, have a great day.

Comment

This is for you Pap! The little fellow is quite resilient and strong. Off to make apple butter from a huge pile of apples a neighbor left on my porch. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

The turtle is so precious! Thank you for posting it. Was that Moses in the background? I thought Moses was just a piece of driftwood suggestive of Moses. I didn't know there was an actual face carved on it.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cute turtle LBH

Matilda is sitting next to me & just staring at your turtle :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oh LBH-how cute is your turtle!! What kind is he?
                Didn't get a chance to say hi to the fishies and frogs today. Was raining when I got up and was too dark when I got home.

Chill-I'm so happy for you and truly hope this works out the way you dream it will! You've kissed your share of frogs the past few years-you deserve a prince!!

Lav-I'm with you on the men thing. My new doctor was concerned because there wan't enough sample to do a high risk PPV test. I told her not to worry-I didn't qualify for the high risk category :H

Dill-I hope your last school year goes well. Are you very excited about retiring next year?

Thank you Star and everyone for the continued good thoughts and wishes. My luck has to turn soon-it just has to!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning everyone

The sun is getting later in rising each morning and I guess in another month we will be beginning the day in the dark. For now I am appreciating the amazing sunrise I see every morning as it greets the day over the potato fields my window overlooks. I keep saying it but I LOVE living back in the country!

Star - I have heard of the show "you are what you eat" but don't think I've seen it. Yes my dream would be to work in the nutritional field and I will certainly be investigating every possibility.

Now I'm here my next priority is shipping down my furniture and sorting out what I have room for. Luckily Mr S has plenty space and we are going to have a mix of both our furniture. Then I have a project to do for my friend who runs the Happiness Academy. She has recorded a weight loss programme for download which includes hypnosis tracks for non surgical gastric bands plus all the nutritional programs I wrote or her. I'm going to be responsible for marketing the product to sites like Groupon and will get a cut of the number we sell. This will probably take me until the end of October and will give me time to look at other work options. If it doesn't work out I can then look at getting back into property sales/rentals.

LBH - cute turtle! Is he from you pond?

Lav - Elle has been upsetting me by killing pigeons, something she's never done before. Do your dogs do stuff like this? I was shocked she actually caught them and don't know how to stop her.

September is almost here guys, any names suggestions? I like September Sobriety but it may have been our name last year.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to LBH for the turtle pic! So cute! Still with you after a year!
                    Chill, good luck with your new life with Mr S! I hope it all goes as you want it to! It's nice that you can start a new life with somebody.
                    That's all for now!
                    TDN
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning kids!

It is almost September & I have no idea what we named this thread last year or year before :H
                      But if you ask me - I think I remember what i had for dinner last night :H

Papmom, I just went thru a moment of uneasiness during my yearly check up this summer. The NP is aware of the situation with YB so she asked 'How many new sex partners do you have'?? We need to know if it's more than 3 then we have to test you for more stuff........GAG
                      No high risk behavior here either, that's for sure.

Chill, all of my dogs, at one time or another, have resorted to that hunter/predator behavior. So far the biggest thing Matilda has conquered is a grasshopper :H

Greetings TDN & everyone!
                      I'm off to Curves then back here for a bit of work, yay.
                      Wishing everyone down south a safe hurricane day.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning all,

I am back to work this week and haven't been on the boards much. I am doing really well and find I am not on the boards as much as the beginning when I needed to be here many times a day. I still need to come here, just not as much. That is a good thing, as before when I didn't come on it was due to drinking. Now it's due to getting healthier.

I just wanted to pop in to say hi and that I am so grateful to all of you for helping me on my sober journey. The first 30 days were rough, I am reaping the rewards of making it through and see my life in a whole new light.

August is winding down, my first whole calendar month sober in a year and a half. Looking forward to many more.

Super Sober September as a name ?

Take care,
                        IMT
                        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Beautiful morning here...

LBH, cute little turtle, thanks for the pic.

Lav, I hate having to answer annoying questions from health practioners, even thought I understand they need to ask them!

Chill, sounds like a plan, how cool to be creating nutritional programs. I am thinking of taking a course on plant nutrition. Did your area of study focus on just one type of eating or more? I think anything focusing on selling online is the way to currently. I know my kids, who are in their twenties, use the internet for everything. It is getting darker here too in the morning, and I love September.

Synergistic September, Simply September, any name is fine with me.

OK, off to work. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Good Morning! It is a treat to find so many of you here already. I was a bit mopey as I have another muscle spasm, this one in my upper back but it is also affecting my neck?I am following the Advil and ice trick and am starting to improve. I initially used heat which felt good at first but made it worse. I have to somehow schlep my PC and new computer to the store so they can do a data transfer before I meet with an instructor on Friday to show me where everything has landed in the different operating system. I am sure I could do this at home but since it?s part of the deal I might as well take the easy road, life has enough challenges sometimes. Speaking of challenges, the turtle by the way is a Western Box, he is a land turtle and lives in the backyard with a five year old sibling and the mom. I haven?t seen the funny little papa this summer; he is has been there for over twenty years but may have been taken by a raccoon, migrated, or just passed on in the winter. Also out there is a super old Florida Three Toed Box turtle that must have been somebody?s purchased pet at one point. She was given to me in the early 1980s after a neighbor plowed her up accidentally with a tiller? she was already an older girl but they can live a long, long time. Must be a lesson in there for those of us listening. Love, Ladybird.
                            may we be well

Comment

Wow,
                              How about Super Simply Sober September? That's a real mouthful :H

IMT, it's great you are feeling so strong, commited & successful on your journey!

Star, I sell more online than I do in person
                              I started out with a few ebay sales & it just took on a life of it's own!
                              Come to think of it, I do most of my shoppin online simply because there are no stores here in cow country.

Good luck with the data swap LBH. Now that's something that requires a clear-headed individual :H
                              Everyone I know who has a Mac seems to love it, hope you do as well

Now, time for some work!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good one Lav. A keeper. As long as you are thinking of mouthfuls, how about Serene, Sober and Smart September? For me, all of that would be quite an accomplishment! I usually crash and burn on at least one of those admirable qualities and nobody wants even part of a Screeching, Smashed, and Stupid September (at least anymore:H). Now there was a month. Love, Ladybird.
                                may we be well

Comment

Working...
                                X