AF day Wednesday Aug 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFM--Congratulations on the job--or guess I should say jobs!! So happy for you! Lucky animals at the vet hospital.
    You may have had AL thoughts, but you didn't give in, and that is just great!
    I had forgotten that you'd had cancer. Hope you got a clean bill of health
    YahYah, I guess my post was confusing. Mr TDN didn't get the Xray--our dog, Bud, did. But as Lav said, Mr TDN is a huge worry wart and I worry about him!! But thank you for your kind wishes.
    Trying to watch TV, read and do this forum. Is that mulitasking????:H
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Congratulations, AFM! Way to go! I think learning to cope with joy is just as hard as learning to deal with all those other feelings that we submerged in booze. Good job!

Thanks for the recognition, Turnagain. It feels nice! I hope I can connect the idea of wanting a drink with a picture of s0up with a turd in it. I'm sure it will help me ward off some future craving. It's a nasty picture!

I saw my therapist today for the first time in three weeks, and she also made me feel great. She knows the drinking me and the sober me, and she can really tell the difference! Accountability is a scary thing for me, but I am learning to tolerate it, and of course, I NEED it.

Thanks for the clarification about Mr. TDN and Bud!

Chef Robaire, warm welcomes are one of our specialties, along with a strong helping of support, and an occasional kick in the butt (delivered gently, of course). I hope you find what you need here.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending some of those saved booze dollars on myself!

Have a great evening everyone. I imagine Mick will be on shortly to welcome us into tomorrow.

Hugs,
      YahYah
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Just checking in...all is going well in my world. Thoughts come in....but, I now call him the terrorist. Works for me

I think it may be safe now to post about the trashy mods thread. And I don't want to dig it up again, but I do think it is worth addressing here. All the person did was ask a simple question. One we have all asked ourselves. Where I think it went terribly wrong was people projecting their experience onto another. Our experience is ours alone. Mick's experience is probably much different than mine. As is everyone else's.

For ME...it is not helpful to employ thoughts of moderation. Hell, I don't know if I even gave moderation a try. This board is NOT a program. Its a social network of people who look for advice from others who have been there. From there it is up to you to decide for yourself what you want. Do you want meds, do you want supplements, do you want exercise....and for most of us we have to work out 'our own way out".

There is no set of rules. I personally saw my Dad drink for 20 years abusively.....he then quit for 30 days (this was before the internet)....and he has drank normally for the last 20 years. So yes, it can be done. I have seen it. It's not so much that I can't...I choose not to.

I can drink anytime I want....I choose not to.

I think if someone can't make 30 days...so what. If they make 5...they are gradually learning that AF is much better. And that is what I learned. In AA it was a problem....and ended up doing me much harm. I am now responsible for all of it.

The conditioning of drinking....personally, I don't think I have a disease. I think I learned that I liked the way I felt drinking. Then I learned I did not like the after-effects. Or on a "good" night....where the drinking would end up at. I may be an alcoholic, but I chose to take responsibility and say...I abused alcohol. Alcohol is a liquid in a bottle. Its what I did with it.

Why some people are different....I don't know and I don't care. Some can learn to moderate (people here seem to making an effort....my Dad did not), some choose not to moderate (me...why would I want 2).

I was here in 2005 when this board started and it was a real mess then. I like that I know where to go. I like that I know my place....because I choose it. I have no idea why anyone would want to work so hard to "moderate poison". I can't support them....not because I believe they can't....I just know that I have not walked in their shoes....and can not relate or give them any useful advice.

I guess in way all of this nonsense is what got me directed off of this board. Because ME and 10 of my friends can't run a mile....doesn't mean that someone else can't or will be able to.

I am an ABBER...who has to take responsibility for the last 20 years. DAMN....so much easier in AA when I could blame it on a disease. Even with lapses....I had that scapegoat. I have let the goat go....even though he comes arond to be fed.

Regardless, of your path....just accept responsibility. Even if you were a dumbass like me.

Comment

Well said Sun...sounds like you've read Jason Vale's Kick the Drink?
          Chef Robaire
          Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
          Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

Working...
          X