AF day Friday 31st Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 31st Aug

I may be MIA for a few days Mom has come for the long weekend. I have another bingo shift on Sunday then a people pickup at the airport on Monday.

A little sad tonight and I'm not sure why. One day I'm flying high. The next the old sadness creeps back in.

Another AF and Movement day done here.

Determinator stay close this weekend.

A new drinking and driving law goes into affect here this weekend. If you blow between .05 and .08 you automativcally loose your car and licence for 72 hours. No warnings no nothing. I hope the police arn't too busy this weekend

Have a safe and sober weekend everyone.
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

MICK, are you 60? Are you 60? Are you 60? I know it's Saturday but don't know if that means today or tomorrow where you are but who cares, I just want to say:

WELL DONE ON 60!!! YOU ROCK!!!

:wave:

You've been doing fabulously both being 60 days AF and holding the fort here with the coffee and words of good cheer each morning. Now go treat yourself if you haven't already!!!

Det, I'm sorry to hear about the recent drink - loving slap upside the head coming from this direction too - but on the plus side, it's great that you came here right away to talk about it. You're not just slinking away back into a relapse. And, as to your modding comments, yes, when you come here and share the painful slips/relapses, as much as they suck, it does help others because it's a reminder of why we're doing this.

You can do this. Get back in the saddle. And tell us about it. What went wrong? How're you feeling now? What's your game plan??

No new celebratory haircut for me sadly. I am sick, sick, sick, so I had to cancel it and all my other fun weekend plans and not sure I'll make it to the workshop I was supposed to be helping to lead tomorrow morning, which I feel a bit rubbish about but I'm a mess of fever, nose like a tap and a cough than sounds like a 60-year-old man on three packs a day.

:*(

So, I just wanted to pop in to congrat Mick on 60 and also say.. Sunflower
      , I was a bit confused by your post but I hope you didn't take my post as meaning I was saying you'd upset me?? If so, no, no, not at all! I was just expressing that that thread upset me - as did the previous fracas in the Nest. The whole moderation vs abstinence thing is a really important topic that we should all be able to discuss rationally here but it does seem to get emotions running high.

In any case, NO offense whatsoever was taken. I thought your post on the matter was intelligent and well considered and I agreed with most of what you said. I hope you're doing ok otherwise, btw? :l

On an unrelated side note, I've been catching up on a documentary series that's been showing here this week about refugees and asylum seekers. My GOD what these people have been through and still have to go through once they get here - That is, IF they make it here in those god awful leaky boats. Talk about a reality check about the need for gratitude. It's so easy to forget just how very lucky we are compared to so many.

On that note, back to bed with me.

Have a lovely weekend all,

x

Comment

AF day Friday 31st Aug

Hello All,

Happy September 1st.

Dear Det. I know you will get back on the wagon as you always do. Is there anything in the way that you are living your life that you need to change to decrease the likelihood of having these lapses? Just a thought. Hug to you.

Destiny, Congrats on 40 days.

Congrats to Mick and Lilly on 60 Days.

Huge accomplishments all around.

Lilly. Lexapro was the drug that I was on too. Just be careful to not go off of it too soon, okay? Sometimes you need the meds when you are newly AF. And, some need to keep taking it even when they have been completely AF for awhile.

Going to get some work done today. Kids are back to school on Tuesday.

xxoo
        M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
        X