December Determination ~ Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the ferry. Relieved to see is jan 21 Pap . Take a holiday!
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Good morning to all...

Pap, glad to hear it is January and not September...you are brave to be out in the cold with your doggies. Have fun.

Lav, I too have just a few things left to do. It will give me an excuse tomorrow to get out of the house for a while. I love guests, but feel stressed after a while. It's the three day visits that get to me. Thanks you so so much for the vegan ideas for apps. I agree that the veg cheese etc., makes a recipe so much lighter and settles better on the stomach.

Rusty, I do like ham but my husband has not eaten meat for months and felt lousy after the forced ham dinner. Are you off now till after Christmas?

Kas, have a lovely time on your trip.

Chill, what an opportunity/risk. Could you work at a regular job and work with your friend? Having worked with a business similar to the one you are thinking of, lots of their work is on the weekends and evenings. I like the idea of a business plan. How are you doing...still liking your new place, and how is Elle?

Cyn, have a great holiday and happy holidays to Dill, LBH, and all who are part of this thread.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning Decembers friends,

25 degrees but sunny outside
        The grass was absolutely crunchy when I went out with Matilda this morning.

I was able to get my hand on a box of gluten free flour mix yesterday so I can make some perogies for my daughter. Now I don't have to waste time in the kitch experimenting with white rice flour, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, etc trying to make my own mix. The only problem is the cost of that stuff - crazy expensive! So, I am all set for tomorrow

Greetings Star, Kas, Dill, Chill, LBH, Cyn, Rusty & everyone who stops in today!
        I'm sure i'll be back at some point
        Have a terrific AF day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all -

PMom, just have to say again what GREAT news it is about your job!! What a wonderful way to start a new year...

We had an early Christmas Dinner yesterday, followed by Mad Libs and watching 'Elf', an annual event. Today we'll go to a town about an hour away to see a performance of 'Santaland Diaries' the hysterical one-man show written by David Sedaris about his experiences being an elf at Macy's (I think that's it anyway). Then dessert with friends and home. Tomorrow morning we'll pretend it Christmas morning and do 'stockings' before I head off to NE. I like this idea of having a day off between Christmas dinner and other parts of the celebration - very relaxed!

Wishing all of you sweet times, moments of quiet and reflection, and a sense of connection to all you love. I am so grateful to you all for our continued 'family of choice' here on the thread. Blessings all!
          to the light

Comment

Now my "mantle" is even more festive! Gorgeous arrangement courtesy of a dear friend and absolutely made my day

I
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

had a great day today! The dog walk was fab-1.8 minles and DD has been calm all day!! I was so impressed with the trainer that led the walk that I signed up for a 3 class session that starts next Sunday evening. It's called Lively paws and it incorporates canine massage, stretching, strength and fitness exercises. She says these exercises are easy to do at home with minimal investment in equipment and she guarantees that 20 min a day will tire DD out like I've never seen before. The course obviously costs money but its a debt I'm willing to pay to learn how to drain off his excess energy without going for an hour long brisk walk everyday. I'm going to try to join them on the Sunday walks as well as often as I can. I just need to tweak my weekend job a bit-2 full weekends and the next 2 weekends only Saturdays and have 2 Sundays off a month instead of a full weekend. I'll see how that goes. Today I walked over 10K steps and climbed the Coit Tower in stairs (whatever that is)-equal to 20 floors. I also, according to my new Fitbit (it's what I decided to spend my birthday money on) slept over 8 hours last nite!! That hasn't happened in decades!! Its never all in a row-I woke up 9 times it said but I think it's just recording tossing and turning. I don't think I really woke up. Pretty cool none the less!

My hoarder friend took me to my office after lunch to pick up a shelving unit my boss was throwing away. I'm going to use it for my quilting supplies. We needed to use her van and her big hand truck. When we got there there was a big gymnastics event going on and the guy parking the cars (his daughter's club sponsors the event) was my former Assistant Trainer from the 90's!! We didn't end on a good note so it was kind of awkward. We recognized each other right away but it wasn't that "Oh my god-I can't believe it's you" sort of thing. It was more like-Oh, hi ............. Pretty weird but then we caught up with each other and all was cool. It was almost like 20 years hadn't even gone by in a sense. The weirdest thing is a lot of times when I see someone from my past I can't recall their name right away (always been a problem-faces and the connection I always know) but today, he recognized me right away and as soon as he said my name, his name popped right into my head. Bizarre!!
              Got the unit home and I need to put some pieces back on and paint it. It still amazes me how I can see the reuse possibilities in some things now a days.
              Spent the dusk and early evening hours setting up the boyz' winter potty area. They aren't too happy as usual with the restricted space but it has to be.
              Made a decent dinner of gnocchi with broccoli and lite Alfredo sauce, watched a few Storage Wars episodes and now it's time for bed. I have my follow up lab work tomorrow at 9 and the annual Christmas Eve party at 5. Hope to do some cleaning and laundry in between.

See you all tomorrow!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Wow Papmom, you had a full day....I did as well.
                Didn't leave the kitchen until 10 pm but i'm ready for the crowd tomorrow

I need to call it a day soon. I would love to sleep 8 hrs too but I haven't done that in > 15 years.
                (Getting old does suck a little :H)

Wishing everyone a good night.
                Cyn, you sound peaceful - wishing you a safe trip & happy holidays

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Christmas Eve to all...

Had the family together last night and we laughed and had fun. Made some fudge and got into that, it was sooooo good. Today, it will be turkey and dressing, but later, later. Right now I am enjoying my first cup of coffee and will start making the soda bread soon. I have to purchase one gift today, and make an appetizer for tomorrow. Took a 40 minute walk yesterday and hope to do the same today, even though it was cold. Brrrrr.

Pap, lovely you are keeping so busy. Playing with and training your dogs is such a great way to spend some time. Even though I just have cats, they love when I take the time to play with them with the ole cat toys. I bet you are so psyched about your new job, it is so exciting to have a new beginning. Have fun at your party tonight.

Lav, it is alot of work to have the family over...decided on spinach dip in the loaf of bread with veggies at the side,for appetizers. Deviled eggs and one app with meat. Lots of food is needed for tomorrow as there will be four young men, teens and twenties, and they can EAT!!! Hope your day is filled with love and laughter. Appreciate your vegan suggestions and may try them for a meal in the near future.

So grateful to have my family together. It is bittersweet as the family lives far apart and we do not get to spend much time together, and of coursethe memories of beloveds who have passed away. So lucky to have a close friend near by to spend Christmas with...

Wishing you all a peace filled, loving Christmas Eve and Day. So good to be truly present and feeling healthy.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Merry Christmas Eve, Everyone!

Pap-wow, what a fun and active day you had yesterday. I bet your step was more brisk than ever knowing your fabulous news.

Cyn-what a great way to spend your Christmas-seeing a performance. That's a lovely idea, and what fun. Something different, too. When you say you are heading to NE, do you mean Nebraska....is your mom or dad, there? My apologies for not remembering.

Star-you are braver than I am for taking a 40-minute walk yesterday. It's a winter wonderland here but I didn't go out. Enjoy your day with all the young people...sounds like fun. Yes, Star, I am off until January 9th. It will go wayyy too fast.

Lav-I saw on the Daily Thread that you baked and assembled a train cake for your g-sons. Please post pics.

Chill-I hope this business opportunity is everything you had hoped...and I echo Lav's suggestion to find out if your friend has a business plan, etc. just to protect yourself.

I have some business things to wrap up before I head over to my mom's this afternoon. Mass at 4:00 p.m., then dinner with my sister and her family. Tomorrow, my brother, sister, and their families will be with us so we will have 15 for brunch. No china this year....holiday Christmas plates! YIPPEE!!

Rustop-what are you doing for Christmas?

Big hellos to Dill, LBH, Jolie, Catbuddy, Nurdl, TDN, and anyone else, who drops by, have a Merry Christmas Eve, AF!

Comment

Good morning December friends!

Woke up to a frosty 23 degrees here but the sun is out now warming us up a bit

I sure hope everyone has a safe & festive day with family & friends.
                      I will try to get a pic of the cake before they get their grubby little hands on it :H

Sending Christmas love to one & all :h

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Merry Christmas eve to one and all. Just spent about 6 hours in the kitchen but everything done. I cook the ham today and we have a xmas eve supper tonight.

Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow with their loved ones.

Rustop

Comment

Merry Christmas eve Rustop & everyone!
                          The gang was all here & now all gone home ~ I am exhausted but everything was nice.
                          I will have some kid pics tomorrow. For now, here's the train cake - kids loved it

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yummo Lav! I want some of that!

Merry Christmas my dear dear friends!! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow with family and or friends and that those who are traveling are safe.
                            My wish for 2013 is that an AF life finds those who are still seeking and continues to bless those who have found it.

Love you all!

:l :h

(not my dogs but just as cute!)

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Merry christmas everyone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Good morning everyone and let me be 1st to say a very Merry Christmas. It's 7:30am here and still pitch dark. I'm sitting in bed with my pot of mint tea, the radio's playing Christmas Songs and the rain is beating on the window.

I have a quiet day planned at home, the fridge is stocked with devils food that I would normally never allow and when the rain lets up I intend to have a long walk in the fields with Elle. Nothing special and yes I'm alone but compared to the depression that gripped me this time last year I have come a long way.

Sending you all my love and wishes for a wonderful peaceful and sober Christmas.
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X