af day Wed 26 Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 26 Dec

YoungAtHeart;1432496 wrote: Howdy all Abbers, near and far! Happy Boxing Day to those who are still on the 26th. What is Boxing Day anyway?
    :hallo: YahYah...I actually just heard the answer to that question driving home from getting groceries.

The "rich" or "upper class" would "box up" all their leftovers (food/sweets/etc) after Christmas and give it to the staff, who had to work Christmas Day serving them.

That snow then rain senario can be deadly...drive safe....PPQ

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

porqoui;1432502 wrote: :hallo: YahYah...I actually just heard the answer to that question driving home from getting groceries.

The "rich" or "upper class" would "box up" all their leftovers (food/sweets/etc) after Christmas and give it to the staff, who had to work Christmas Day serving them.

That snow then rain senario can be deadly...drive safe....PPQ
      Also there is a reason for Boxing Day sales....... Back when people were paid weekly employers would give a Christmas bonus in the pay packet on Christmas Eve. A person never knew how much it would be but it would be too late to spend it before Christmas. So shops opened on Boxing Day to get their hands on all the extra cash before it was gambled or drunk

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

kuya;1432505 wrote: Also there is a reason for Boxing Day sales....... Back when people were paid weekly employers would give a Christmas bonus in the pay packet on Christmas Eve. A person never knew how much it would be but it would be too late to spend it before Christmas. So shops opened on Boxing Day to get their hands on all the extra cash before it was gambled or drunk
        What a wealth of knowledge we are :H as long as you're speaking English!

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Uuuummmmmmm .....is there a Chinese M Wubuwoo O??

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

oy Happy unhung boxing day to all!

work day here so zooming along but in good spirits

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

kuya;1432510 wrote: Uuuummmmmmm .....is there a Chinese M Wubuwoo O??
              OK got me Search as I might I have no idea what that means :H

Determinator;1432514 wrote:
              oy Happy unhung boxing day to all!

work day here so zooming along but in good spirits

be well
              :hallo: Det...going to have to start calling you "Our Happy Unhung Hero". :H

Glad your spirits are good, we can hear it in your posts....PPQ

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

OMNFG PPQ .......say it out loud......this is like the Arsey thing :H:H

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

someone called?

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

someone called?..no quite warm Rabsy thanks :H:H
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Hi RC...hold on...trying to say "Chinese M Wubuwoo O" out loud....still get the same thing...nothing

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Mick;1432527 wrote: someone called?..no quite warm Rabsy thanks :H:H
                        What you on tonight Mick? :H

Help....what is KY talking about?

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Mick's on the sofa methinks PPQ

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

RunningCourage;1432531 wrote: Mick's on the sofa methinks PPQ
                            :H :H :H

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

porqoui;1432533 wrote: :H :H :H
                              Or should I say...

:H

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

I did not make it.....and hope that I am still welcome here. I think I knew....I would not. My hubby's family does not drink....so the first holiday party was easy. But, at my parents not so easy. I will say this....I just wanted one or two to take the edge off....but, I again learned once in my system....all bets are off. Nothing crazy....and no bad episodes. Anyways.....why does the thing that takes that edge off and make you feel all warm and cozy......make you feel like crap the next day? Anxiety levels off the charts in the am!

Anyways....did have a wonderful Christmas....we are snowed in.....

Comment

Working...
                                X