• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 31 Dec

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE
    and
    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY

Thanks for being here every day, day after day as we help each other reach our goals.

Lots of hugs all around
    :l :l :l :l :l

Good to see you back, Mick! Not that I was worried or anything.... (not!).
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Kuya, congrats on your 4 months. That's really wonderful, I am so happy for you.
      ~nurdl
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Kuya, CONGRATS to you on 4 months AF :wd:

I just saw this on FB - thought it would be good to share....
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

happy AF'ing New Year one and all! having a nice stay-in eve at home out of the snow.

xxxxxx hugs all around
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

same here Det Diet Coke, TV movies, take out food. I'm having a wonderful time.
            love that "AF-ing" A Happy one to you too!
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

ThreeDogNight;1435179 wrote:

Very worried now about our 15 1/2 yr old dog. He is very confused and having a lot of trouble getting around. He was more restless than usual last night and this a.m. has gone out twice and comes in panting. Just had to go out and get him up, as he was laying in the snow. And our vet is closed for two days. I have given him a Melatonin and hope he an relax for a bit.
              Hi Abbers!

Happy new year from downunder.

TDN. Sorry to hear about your dog. I was in this position a couple of years ago with my dog. He was 15, and fading fast the last few days. I know you're distressed and it rips your heart out to see your dog like this. My old fella would run outside too, seemingly distressed. In hindsight, I think he wanted to run away from the pack and die quietly on his own. Sorry for that imagery, but this may be what your fella is doing? Does the vet have an after hours emergency number? Hang in there, and i hope your pup can settle down. He may well have a couple more years in him. Take care of yourself during this stressful time.

Love the jokes Mick, and your positive presence of course.

Hi Treetops. We get the occassional niggle or flare up on this site from time to time, which stands to reason given we're alkies. I'm surprised there aren't more. I'm always heartened and inspired that in general, our community keep it together really well. Have a beaut holiday, and best wishes on your journey.

Best wishes y'all!

G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Lavande;1435640 wrote:
                Happy New Year Lav - thank you for being the first to welcome me to the site with such warmth. I may not have cracked the complete abstince but my life is so very different to when I first arrived. Wishing you a magical 2013
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Love it Lav - think I will print this one....it sums it up very well.
                  Hi FF, glad to see you here:l:l
                  Happy NY Nurdl, Det and YAH.....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Glad you guys liked the FB find!
                    I think it does apply to all of us

Hey G!
                    Happy New Year fella - can you sing a song for us
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Lavande;1435712 wrote: Glad you guys liked the FB find!
                      I think it does apply to all of us

Hey G!
                      Happy New Year fella - can you sing a song for us
                      Yep, umm, how about Auld lang syne?

Ready? Lyric sheet above somewhere courtesy of Mick.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4......c'mon guy's, on 4! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. I mean, on 1!

Ah, youse are all naturals.....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Happy New Year's.

Mick - got it. Can I post one year? You have a 6 month thread? (sorry man, you told me last time too)

Lav - like like like

TDN - I am so sorry. My heart is aching for you :l

Quiet night here. Was supposed to do my Jan. 1st run but everyone is backing out. Ok, one went to Mexico with her grand kids, one says she can't run anymore and I guess one has plans tonight and dosen't want to run hungover.... And two people at work laughed at me - nobody else there works out. I don't want to do it on my own :upset: I'll get over it.

Tree, I made drinking beer a sport when I wasn't working out. And when I did, I'd have a few after as my reward.

Hi PPQP, KY, MOLLY, KAS, YAH and DET

SL - we're here for you, but you have to find a way to change your tape (your reaction) to other people's actions. You gave him control over your emotions. :-(

:wavin: to anyone I have not mentioned.

Off for a club soda and lime and to tell Nelz and Hippy that Jason Bonham is coumg to my town. Man I hope I can find someone for that one or I will have to go alone. :H

CanToo
                        Excited to see what 2013 has in store
                        :jumpin:
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

this is what happens when I'm left unattended: experimental photography!

laser on ices outside my porch. remote shutter release at very slow shutter rate.

nerds up!

nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

Lavande;1435640 wrote: Kuya, CONGRATS to you on 4 months AF :wd:

I just saw this on FB - thought it would be good to share....
                            Love it lav.... It feels so true

Hi Det and happy new year to you ..... Nice photo

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

CanToo - you are right! I am letting him win again by doing this....old reactions are hard to change, I will need to be so much more aware....thank you

Sitting drinking Sparkling Pomegranate Juice in fancy glass, and it is delish - such a good find! Might just become my celebration drink. I have a bottle of sparkling white grape juice for tomorrow, and a bottle of really good orange juice, so not feeling depraved and quite enjoying it
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Monday 31 Dec

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!

Sorry, I was convinced I posted here earlier.

Thank you everyone for your friendship, guidance and humor these past few months.

KUYA, good going girl! You are racking up months now - 1/3 of a year!

Cantoo, RUN ON YOUR OWN tomorrow. I'm going to. Just do it. I'm going to log in and find out what your joy was.

Det, I'm coming to South Lake Tahoe; is that your neck of the woods? If so, let's find a place for coffee. I'll PM you.

My biggest gift of 2012 was regaining my freedom. Now I can work on my life - do I change my job, how do I manage finances, what friendships to renew and develop, all things blurred in the AL haze. So 2013 is what I now what I make of it. Yeah.

Cat
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X