Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March Maintenance ~ Week 2

good evening and good nite everyone!!

I got off my keister today and walked over to the fitness center and signed up. $144 for the year and my insurance should cover it all. Not too shabby. I'm going to start off with the treadmill and some light weights on Wed nite-just an hour. Eventually I hope to do Group Ride (spinning), Power (aerobic routine with bars), Kicks (aerobic kick boxing and martial arts) Step and one other whose name alludes me. I'd also like to eventually add in the water aerobics at 6pm on Thursdays. Ambitious to be sure but its do or die at this point, literally. I could barely put on one sneaker my hip was so tight and just walking over there (5 min) got me out of breath.

Still doing my juicing and smoothies. Wish I had some time to do some major cooking and shopping as dinners are killing me. I might be resorting to oatmeal so I at least get something healthy in me!! Breakfast and lunch are no problem.

I forgot to mention that I never got the chance to talk to my bro and SIl about moving into their little house in the next year. I think this will have to be by appointment only so to speak.

time to hit the hay!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning all...

More snow on the way in my neck of the woods. Busy busy and not much time this morning.

Lav, good to hear you are feeling better.

Pap, sounds like you are doing great, love the exercise committment.

LBH, glad you had a day where things fell together. Love those days!!

Wishing all a good day.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning,

Pmom, I applaud you signing up for the fitness center. Even better is that it is in walking distance! How convenient. The closest one to me is 8 miles away and I plan on joining after I am finished with work and have more time. For me, walking is the best form of exercise at this point. It doesn't require a drive anywhere. I walk everyday for at least 15-20 minutes and usually more.

Lav, I hope your cold symptoms have completely subsided. My excuse for dragging around, at least in the morning, is still the time change. I am getting up a half hour later than usual because of it and it is giving me a time crunch for getting ready for work.

Star, reading Pavilion of Women. It's very interesting. Pearl Buck is an exceptional writer, to be sure. Maybe as good as LBH!:H

LBH, I googled MD and saw suggested supplements that the medical people suggest. They must be effective or they wouldn't have been on the Mayo Clinic website. Do you trust your doctor to give you the best care and advice?

Rusty, don't get too busy. I miss you when you don't post.:l

47 days
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning all,

Kinda dark & raining pretty hard this morning, oh well.

LBH, glad to hear yuo had a good Monday
          Hope the trend contunues all week for you.

Papmom, nice on the exercise but start out slowly
          It's good to do things like that for yourself. You should pick up a roasted supermarket chicken for yourself & put it in the fridge. It would last several days & then all you would have to do is steam up some veggies for yourself when you get home. Planned leftover are a good thing!

Star, sorry you are getting more snow, winter should be over by now. Hope you have a good day.

Dill, we are all counting with you
          Hope you have a great day too!

I'm going to visit my daughter & grandaughter for a few hourse today. I need to lend a little support, my daughter is having big problems with her elderly (possibly senile) landlady
          Honestly, sometimes I think my daughter can never catch a break but I refuse to get negative about this. I will be as supportive as possible. Glad my head is feeling clearer!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Lav, I'm sure you will be bringing your Lavanditude and give that landlady a good dose of it if needed and deserved!! Sometimes people can't catch a break for extended times. I was one of those but it does end. I promise. God doesn't give us what we can't handle right?

I made it to the gym at lunch. tried the virtual bike-it was the most uncomfortable thing EVAH!! Only lasted about 2 min on it but that's OK because I came real close to falling off a cliff :H!! Switched to the treadmill for 10 min and then back to work. Going to try one of the group classes tomorrow. Plenty of leeway to go at your own pace and beleive me I will. I have a long road to go!!

Heading to quilting in a few.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hey papmom ~ glad you didn't hurt yourself at the gym
              You'll find something more comfortable to start off with I'm sure.

My daughter is OK, was a lot calmer than when I spoke to her. The landlady is a total PIA, does not live on the premises or even in the same town. She just shows up & lets herself in - unannounced. That's bad, very bad
              I gave my daughter a few ideas on how to handle that goofy old bat :H
              I took the girls out for lunch so we had a nice time. Ms Lily really draws attention to herself in public :H

The rain has stopped but now it's supposed to get cold again - oh well.
              Have a good night one & all.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Evening Marching Band,

I am about 45 minutes from home....I've been on the road for over 5 hours. I was starved so I am eating at a restaurant attached to a truckstop. Well, at least they have wireless! There sure are some sorry looking people in here. You know, I suddenly feel quite attractive....possibly Cougaresque like LBH!:H

LBH:l I am so glad you had a day yesterday when the stars were aligned and everything fell into place...especially with your vision narrowing.:upset:...you needed a peaceful day.

Dill-I am glad you miss me when I don't post. What a sweet thing to say. I am reading "To Heaven and Back" by Dr. Mary Neal. It's fascinating. Have you read it?
                Is tomorrow Day 46? I'll join everyone else and count the days with you. I admire you for walking every day. That is one promise to myself that I repeatedly break.

Pap-wow, $144 for a gym membership and insurance pays for it. How did you manage that? What a deal. Good for you for joining....with your personality, you're bound to make some new friends. What quilting project are you working on now?

Star-yes, I do have a gym membership....in fact, I have 4. The closest fitness center has a spa with it and is located in a popular resort about 1/2 mile from my house. You would think I would weigh about 100 pounds with all the fitness centers I belong to. I also have exercise videos....Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Billy Blanks Tae Bo....and I just bought a beginning yoga DVD. I have a step bench at home and I love the step aerobics the best. It's a nice change from doing just cardio at the gym and I feel like I get a bit of an upper body workout as well. I can't lift weights because of my neck.

Lav, I hope the PIA landlord leaves your daughter alone. Isn't it against the law to just let yourself in someone's apartment without their permission. I was lucky with landlords, but neighbors not so much. When I was a TV news reporter in Minnesota, I lived in an apartment building on the 2nd floor and my downstairs neighbor was this meddling old goat who rang my doorbell one day and said, "Do you have a bowel problem? You flush your toilet a lot!" I told her I planned to put my toilet on permanent flush.

Well, I think I am going to hit the road for home. See you in the morning. Can't wait to connect with all of you.:h

Comment

Welcome Home Rusty!! 4 gym memberships? Do you use them all Ms. Cougar? I bet the truck stop was quite interesting!! The $144 sounds like a good deal except that at my old school staff could use all the equipment for free and pay $40/semester for unlmited classes. Plus they offered great Pilates and yoga classes at noon time as well as zumba after work. But, I never really used the equipment because the center was attached to the main admin building and on top of the gym. It was always very crowded with students and impossible to grab a treadmill or use the weight machines during lunch or right after work. I did take some of the classes tho because they were for staff only. So at the new school I pay $144/year, get reimbursed by my health insurance (pretty common at least here in MA), get unlimited classes and use of all the facilites including the pool!! My old school didn't have a pool. I can't wait to do water aerobics on Thursdays!! I didn't find the facility to be busy at all at lunch. It's a building unto itself so not as convenient as my old school's facility. It will be interesting to see how the classes are at 5:30. I'm guessing most kids are home by then (commuter school vs my old school which was residential). I hope I can push myself to go at least 3 times a week after work. It's so important at this stage of the game.

Dill-day 46 tomorrow!! So exciting!!

Lav-I hope your daughter can put into practice your suggestions. I believe Rusty is right-landlords by law HAVE to give notice of entering your apartment. I just don't know how that notice would be interpreted: she calls your DD and no one answers so she can now go in OR she has to make contact?

LBH-hope today was another peaceful one for you. my dad has a mild case of MD. I'll have to ask if he's on any supplements for it so it doesn't get worse.
                  Off to bed now. Today went by way to fast.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day, Friends!

It sure feels good to be home. I have one assignment fairly close to home tomorrow but that's it for the next 10 days!

Dill, I will have to read Pavilion of Women....and I'm sure Pearl Buck is a great writer but probably does pale to LBH's.. Here's to Day 46.

Star-I think you told us that you work a 4-day week so maybe you would have time for light exercise Friday-Sunday? I know you have a commute during the week and it's hard to exercise. The exercise DVDs might be just what you need.

Pap, I knew you would ask me if I go to all 4 fitness centers and I really do. The reason I belong to 4 of them is because with all my traveling, I wanted a 24-7 fitness center, and one of the gyms is conveniently located about a mile from my biggest consulting client. The reason I belong to the YMCA is because with my membership, I can work out at any Y in the world for free. I like being around other people who are exercising, and it's good for me because I live alone and work alone. At the end of my drinking career, I isolated myself quite a bit and I want to avoid any isolation....which could prompt a trigger.

Well, off to the gym now. Have a happy hump day, friends!:h

Comment

Happy Hump day everyone

Watched a nice sunrise now I need to feed animals & get my day on

The big question of the day is how do you stop a 75 yr old probably senile landlady from doing what she does? The woman has no need to do anything she does because she pays a property manager to take care of things
                      My daughter is not shy, she naturally inherited some of my Lavan-ittude so this will work out. As a Mom I just hate seeing people give her shit for no reason, if you know what I mean.

Rusty, nice to hear you have some time off coming up, you have been working hard!
                      Hope you have a great day!

Papmom, YB announced a few weeks ago that he went to the gym at his school. I don't think he ever went back again & he told me over the weekend that he had to buy bigger pants recently. He never was interested in fitness in any way, shape or form. I hope you enjoy your workout time1

Greetings to LBH, Star, Dill & everyone. I am still doing a good bit of coughing but I want to try to get to Curves anyway today.
                      Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Marchers!
                        Sorry to be away - I was astonished when I read back and saw that I hadn't been here for a week - lord the days fly by. Dogs, HB and I had to go to a different city Thus-Mon because of his work, and all of us, and specialty food for the dogs, and everything else related made the car as full as when we drove out here from the east, yikes. Made me grateful for our miniscule condo, now that we are back 'home'.

LBH - my heart so completely goes out to you with this news about your eyes. You are truly an inspiration with how you are dealing with it all. I have heard that supplements can help tremendously -- would acupuncture be a support? -- and then there is are the other realms of healing....do you know any shamans in your neck of the woods? Sending you big big big big hugs....

Dill - the countdown is on, marvelous.

Lav - so sorry about the cold, but sounds like you've managed well.

Star - driving home again in a blizzard, brave girl - hope you see signs of spring soon.

PMom - all that snow, aaargh. Congrats on all your positive changes.

Rusty - so good to hear from you, and glad that your business is going so well.

Hello to everyone - TDN, Sooty, Rustop, Chill, Kas, Dew, everyone. I'll do my best to stay close; carving out time for my personal pursuits is a discipline and boundary issue for me to address right now (after I finish our taxes and meet some writing deadlines, ha). Happy Hump Day!
                        to the light

Comment

Hello everyone,

Cyn, good to see you! I hope you are able to find more time for your personal pursuits, especially if checking in here is counted among them! I could picture you and your hb and dogs all packed in to your vehicle. I'll bet you were glad to be back home.

Rusty, I am happy you are back home safe and sound. I know you told us you were in TV news. What made you decide to leave that profession? Did you ever regret leaving it. I imagine the competition for those jobs is fierce and the pressure to keep them really high. It would have been too much for me!

Lav, I hope your daughter can get her landlady under control! I think it would be aggravating to pursue a legal avenue. Does the landlady enter the premise even when your daughter is not home? That just doesn't seem legal to me.

Pmom, I am really impressed with your determination to reclaim your physical fitness. The loss of it over time is so gradual and it just seems to happen to us all! It's easy to put on weight, that's for sure! Especially for teachers. There is almost always someone bringing in a treat. The other day I was offered a warm brownie first thing in the morning baked by one of my co-workers. At noon I was offered a cupcake from the batch sent in to celebrate a student's birthday. It's so easy to say yes to those offers, but it adds up. I am trying to lose some weight myself, so I said no thank you to those offers. When you say no, it shocks people. It's almost like when you say no to an offer of alcohol. You feel like you have to explain yourself or something! There is peer pressure to eat sugary treats, just like the peer pressure to drink. Sigh.

OK, today I am not at work, so today doesn't count. Tomorrow will be 46.

Hello to TDN, Kas, LBH:h, Rustop(where are you?), Sooty, Chill, Star, and all lukers.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Evening Marchers! I think we need a check in from the tasty Mr. G!! Just sayin'

Dill-I totally agree with you on everything-the weight creeping up and the social pressure to eat treats. You are spot on.

Rusty-I'm in awe that you use all 4 gyms!! And consistently too!! I've never used any gym membership to it's fullest and usually stop going by month 2. I hope that doesn't happen this time.

Cyn!! So great to see you! You are as busy if not busier out west than you are back home!! Speaking of which, when do you head east again?

Lav-hope that cough isn't something to worry about. 2 people I know have come down with pneumonia-the woman who works PT in the cubicle in front of me and one of my quilting classmates. These are 2 very healthy women too!! I'm glad I got my pneum. vaccine a few years ago!! Sending strong wishes that your DD's landlady knocks it off!!

20 min on the recumbant bike, some crunches and stretching. My achilles hurts again from my meager 10 min on the treadmill yesterday. Damn. Bought some heel lifts today as I can't find my other ones. Got to get back on the fish oil too-bought that tonite as well. I have found that I can park fairly close to the gym in the morning so I have to go almost past it to get to my car in the afternoon (plus it's a longer walk to my office) so no excuses!! Although it was very busy at 4:30 which is a disappointment. I found a lone recumbent bike in the stretching/ab room which was a pleasant surprise as all the others in the main room were taken. i'm anxious to try a group class but must be disiplined and leave my office by 4 at least one day a week.

Got the new issue of Real Simple today. There is a wonderful article in there written by a recovering alcoholic. The parallels to my story, and I'm sure a lot of yours, was erie. this is a "worth it" issue so go buy it!!

Stick a fork in me-I'm done! Good nite.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning to all...

Just checking in today. Have a great day.
                              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning friends!

Just noticed we are nearly at the middle of the month already, crazy!
                                The cold air has returned, swell....

Woke up coughing but at least I slept soundly all night! I'll stop & pick up more cough syrup & just wait this thing out. Pretty typical for me in that I don't get sick often but when I do - look out

cyn, your whereabouts confuse me :H but glad to see you when you stop by.

Dill & Star, I hope you both have a great day What do you guys think about the new pope? I don't see him changing much of anything but maybe I'm wrong.

Papmom, I hope you can a way to work in some exercise everyday. I'm beginning to believe that exercise at this age is even more important that what you eat in controlling your weight. I'm pretty sure my metabolism goes into a coma when I skip a day

OK, I hope everyone has a terrific AF Thursday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X