af day Monday 11 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 11 March

Hang in there Scottish Lass: I know it is hard. That's a lot of money and stress. I'll be thinking of you.

Catbuddy, all I can say is that I'm glad you are in such good shape, because you had quite a weekend! Lordy!

PPQP. Thanks for your kind words. :l

I'll see how I do with the floors before I quit my day job. LOL

Hugs,
    :l
    YahYah
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

PPQ - you're just such a little happy addition - your posts always make me smile (OK, not when you're having a crap time, but you know what I mean ) I'm another early nighter - 11 pm is "getting up inthe middle of the night" time :H
      Hi Yah - Glad you got some positives out of the negative. What's the plan for the floors. And there's a working bee holiday in Australia for you, Reno Queen :H

Cat - I'm exhautsed just reading your day. How did we have time to drink and how did our bodies cope? (Well, I guess we're seeing now, they didn't!)

SL - :l family visits stress me too and I just heard of another in the pipeline - even talk of it gets me upset!

TT - I was going to say it's not so hot here in April, but I guess the Cantabrian autumn is a bit chillier!

Lav - you probably need some more time warming up at the Longwood conservatory! Hope you're back to normal soon.

Mick - got the hot water bottles out for the bunnies again? It's cold here too - down to 11 degrees just now (52)! My avatar is a Kiwi cartoon character called Dog from Footrot Flats.

Hi Freefly and all the other abbers

Falling behind in my study (it's only week 2) so I really need to get my finger out:H

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

blondie;1476362 wrote: PPQ I'm another early nighter - 11 pm is "getting up inthe middle of the night" time :H
        :H :H A kindred spirit.

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

I seem to be back on the right track...just taking it a day at a time. Lots of supplements and I really enjoy the book "Alcohol Lied To Me". It really seems to be a cross of Allen Carr and Jason Vale....except unlike Vale....not all is lost if you drink again. Its still poison.

I still like Allen Carr....when you get to positives of drinking....and the chapter is blank

Lav-thank you. You are always so kind.

Cat-I do find it interesting that my brain and body will relax, not even think again about drinking after its turned its switch to drink. It shows how powerful our brain really is. It starts shooting off the chemicals.....before I even drink.

TT-CONGRATS ON 5 MONTHS.....YOU ROCK~

Pauly-I think the 3-7 is powerful for me....because its when I start to entertain it....switched the flip....and fed it. My body and brain have come to expect it at that time. Had I been in a different environment....I may have drank in the am. I never have.....but, I do find myself on some days feeding it sugar in the am.

SL....I know the frustration all too well. When life gets to be too much....you just want to cut it off for a few hours. Life tends to be this way too often in the modern world.

Espom Salts....rock. I don't know how they work, but they do. They always do a good job of detoxing me. But, also if I am in any pain....from a workout, yoga class or cramps....they do the job. And I have a much calmer frame of mind.

Yah...always thinking of you....and good job. You did not fall into a full relapse.

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

can someone explain or send a link about what you do with the Epsom salts - just stick them in the bath?

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

Thanks for all the support, it really is appreciated.
              PPQ - fancy finding that post! Even I had forgotten in - this place really is a life saver!
              FF - welcome, gald you found this thread, I have told you before how good I feel here - noone is afraid to ask the tough questions, but do it gently.
              TT - home is always a stressor for me, probably why I live 6,000 miles away - I can never live up to my mothers expectations - and getting divorced is definatley not good! They also live around AL, and saying no will not be accepted lightly at all. I have spent a lot of time trying to get acceptance - it is sad that a 50 year old successful woman reverts to feeling like a 5yo, but that is what happens.
              confession time - as I won't feel good until I do -I had wine this weekend - 2 evenings, on day 21 and 22:upset: I do have to say one thing though, it is the first time that I have actually felt "never again", and actually believed it wholeheartedly - I have always had the niggle in the back that one day I can drink again, but it seems that it is sinking in that I won't ever be able to drink moderately - I feel that I am getting it - for once I truly realised how bad I felt this weekend (and I didn't drink a huge amount) and how drinking didn't help anything, AND - I didn't even enjoy it!!! I feel a bit relieved
              I am in this for the long haul - and I have read about people hitting rock bottom - I don't think I am rock bottom, but this might be it for me - I do hope so....
              Day 2 for me - hoping to get a good nights sleep tonight, and work out how I can make the best out of everything.

One great thing this weekend, my beautiful 14 year old chose to cut her hair (lovely long blond hair) and donate it to Lock of Love - she is so proud of what she has done, and looks really cute too - but I cried when they cut her pony tail off - it is wonderful to be so proud of her. Yes TT, my girls do make it worth it!

Cat - did not manage to sit in sunbeams today, even though there were plenty around - hope I get to find some to shine on me soon.
              Thanks to SF, Blondie, YAH - your comments help more than you can imagine.
              Off to encourage my girls to get cleaned up - as I like being snug as a bug by 9pm as well - 11pm is way too late for me.....

gonna do this, somehow, but I am going to do this....
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

scottish lass;1476423 wrote:
                gonna do this, somehow, but I am going to do this....

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

treetops;1476421 wrote: can someone explain or send a link about what you do with the Epsom salts - just stick them in the bath?
                  13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts | Care2 Healthy Living

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

Such a lovely buzz here today, thanks all for posting!

I hate staying up late, and here it is 15 minutes until midnight. There is SO much to do in life right now - baseball season for my nine year creates such stress. PPQ, I need to visit the expletive thread often in the coming weeks.

I have worked non-stop (job and personal) for the past 16 hours. It's ridiculous, and unhealthy. And I missed a deadline, despite this. Tomorrow, SL, I'm sitting in a sunbeam, task list be damned. Come join me!

Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 11 March

Thanks for the Epsom Salts link Blondie.
                      Guess it won't help the wrinkles! !!

I don't think I will start the Tuesday thread today - too much stress - its been ghastly here and I have a 9am Wednesday tricky meeting. Am way behind in a whole lot of work related tasks because of the other crap from work today. Don't worry didn't even think of drinking but I did feel like tossing a few empty wine bottles at a wall! Can't do that as there are none here and anyway I would have to clean it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X