March Maintenance ~ Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Greetings! Lav, it seems everybody I encounter who has had that cold keeps coughing for a LONG time both with exertion and when they are trying to rest, they describe it as more annoying for them than an actual illness, an irritation in the lungs that takes time to resolve. Speaking of Lav, I had a day yesterday that reminded me of her. I visited some "country" friends who have exotic chickens?we have urban chickens around my neighborhood but they tend to be sturdy laying hens. While my friends had fine looking layers they also had some very odd birds. My hands-down favorite were Black Cochins, large calm round puffs, just like big soft pillows with feet. I cuddled a rooster who quickly fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. Very comforting chicken. In second place came the extraordinarily different but equally sweet and gentle Bantam Modern Games. They had the longest bare legs imaginable and looked like a cross between a funny ballerina and a velociraptor. Even the house is quaint with three (3) grand pianos in the "living" room along with thousands of dusty books, five or six dusty computers, two big fat shelter dogs smuggled from Mexico, and a sleeping platoon of no longer homeless cats. Another good day for me although the one before was lousy, my emotions are still all over the place but I am working on it. Today is still good, happy, safe, and warm. I am sorry that it looks like you are soon saying goodbye to your fine old kitty, Pap?the fluids you gave worked well for a long time as did all of your care, may you both be at peace. My dead dog still rides in my truck sometimes, or at least that is was I have decided. Hello Rusty, Dill, Star, Cyn, Sooty, TDN, LTLW, Rustop et. al. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

Hey kids,
      I'm watching my very sick (youngest) grandson. Poor kid has two ear infections, two antibiotics, still can't stand up with falling over. I hope this clears soon

Rusty, I have Zicam in my medicine cabinet but didn't even bother with it this time. I've been taking bigger gun stuff, crazy cold.

LBH, I still have a picture here somewhere of a Buff Orpington in a beautiful homemade coat
      Is that the same friend you visited this weekend? I would love to have a few exotic breeds survive here but the big old orpingtons don't seem to tolerate them. They have killed off a few exotics in the past. I'm glad you are having a good day!

The temp is just above freezing & we're getting a mix of rain, sleet & snow ~ swelll.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Freezing cold here, more snow the next three days. Yikes. I broke down and had some coffee, and it FEELS GOOD.

Pap, so sorry about your kitty's poor health. It hurts to see our pets sick. You have been stellar in giving your pet everything to help prolong her life and make her comfortable. Let us know how it goes.

LBH, interesting experience...did not know you could cuddle a rooster, how sweet. Hope your safe warm mood continues.

Lav, wow, what a virus...get better. Your poor grandson, he is lucky to have grandma TLC.

Rusty, writing a manual sounds difficult. I may have a chance to create one at work soon. Maybe. I totally agree with you about the winter weather...a little around the holidays, then summer would be fine with me.

Dill, the countdown continues!! Pleased to hear you are enjoying Pavilion of Women, it was a great read, gave me lots to think about...

LTLW, welcome, tell us about yourself and your AF journey. Lots of support here, no judgement, it takes time to reconfigure your life AF. After you can step back, there are no regrets, you are FREE!

To all, have a great day!!!!
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good Morning Marchers! It's snowing like crazy as we march on towards April. What ever happened to going out like a lamb? I too have no tolerance for this anymore. I'm dreaming of a new job search down south but only if I can take my whole family with me LOL!! Small consolation that school is closed today so I have an unexpected day off. I'll take it.

Thanks for all you kind words about King Freddy. At the vet last nite he explored every inch of the exam room and then calmly let them take blood and give him fluids. Not acting like a cat in starvation mode on death's door! Results will be back today probably.I just want to know how bad it is before making any decisions. They gave him an appetite stimulant that worked almost immediately so he got a fair amount of food in him. he was on speed for sure. I can only give it every 3 days and I'm worried that he will only eat on day one. We'll see. he's sleeping on the radiator right now. Oh and he gave DD a good lashing last nite so he's got some time left :H

Welcome LTLW-please introduce your self-we love to hear new stories!! One of the keys of dealing with this addiction successfully I have found is to come on here consistently and read and post. If not world problems, we've definitely helped each other solve or deal with the smaller issues!

LBH-your day sounded magical!! You rooster whisperer you!! One day I too will have chickens! My bro and SIL have been talking about it-maybe this year will be the year!!

Star-I'm glad you seem excited about possibly writing a manual. If it is going to use screen shots of processes on the computer, beg madly to get Snag It, a screen clipping tool that lets you annotate. Unless you already have it. Personally, writing and reading procedure manuals is a fate worse than death but that's just me (with apologies to Rusty). Yet I too have to do parts of one this year.

Dill-I'm so excited for you! Is it day 44 now?

Lav-you are not alone with this virus lasting forever. You just have to wait it out and pray it doesn't turn into Pneumonia. Lots of fluids, rest, you know the drill. I'd hold off on Curves for a bit-your body is already in overdrive fighting this thing. Hope EB feels better soon! Nothing worse than a wobbly boy!!

Rusty-:b&d:back to work girl!! No traveling this week I hope?

Cyn-that is so cool the accupuncture is actually working!! Will you be able to find someone back in CT?

Well, I suppose I should get something to eat and do some clean up around here since I've got the opportunity. Rather just go back to bed and hibernate until June!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Afternoon, AF Friends,

A quick check-in for me today. Busy at work writing these manuals.

Pap-
            Rusty-back to work girl!! No traveling this week I hope?
            Back to work? I worked on them yesterday as well. Only 46 pages of the 270 total pages left to go.:H I will add that all this work I'm doing is UNPAID. No traveling anywhere this week....I have to put all my tax information together for my accountant, once the manuals are done, of course. Pap, I hope your sick kitty is comfortable.

LBH-I had to google "Velociraptor." Even with all that google phonetic help, I'm sure I would butcher the pronunciation anyway. I am glad you had an intriguing day with your friends out in the "country." You have the most fascinating friends and experiences...I think I shall live vicariously through you. How is your eye?

Star-I think you would be great at creating a manual. I can picture you as a very effective teacher/trainer.

Hello to Lav, Rustop, Dill (counting the days with you), Cyn, Sooty, TDN, LTLW, and anyone else I may have missed....I hope you're enjoying an AF Tuesday!

Comment

Hi everyone!
              The name: LTLW. Dill got it right, I moved from the Caribbean to The Netherlands in September. I thought September was cold... oh boy... and it got worse. I have moved here for all the right reasons to start a new life, so I am trying to be positive about the dreadful weather. The rest is pretty good, and well there is more to life than the weather, right?

I am adjusting to my new life, not yet working, and learning Dutch (at 45). Yikes.
              No children and getting married in three weeks for the 2nd time. The first time ended in disaster after two years and I swore I would never ever do that again. Well, 14 years later I am going to give it another try and feel good about it. I want a new life and giving up wine, I think, is a very good idea. I have overdone it for a very long time. I have no disasters to report though, it has all been kind of okay. It was a coping tool really. I started drinking about 6 months after my divorce. Husband was abusive, blah, blah, blah. It started then. I didn't drink much while married, too scared not have my wits about me.

So, time to be brave and experience life!
              March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
              May 29: back to day 1
              June: The battle continues......

Comment

sorry Rusty-I misunderstood your reference to the Sunshine-thought you were playing hookey :H. You know it was all tongue in cheek-you are one of the hardest workers I know!!

Lav must be really really sick-hasn't posted all day! I think I'll check in with a PM.

Good luck with the new life LTLW! You are very brave! Unfortunately as I am on the downhill side and sliding too fast, I find that the weather makes up the majority of life sometimes!!! A true sign of getting old I fear!

Well we didn't get much snow but it sure is sleeting and icing out there! I'm glad school was called off as the commute would have been a nightmare the further north I went. Quilting has been cancelled for tonite even tho its only raining down in that town at the moment. No one really knows what tonite will bring. I know I have to get out there and clear what did stick but I'm procrastinating. Hate hate hate this!!

Kitty cat is ....eh. Has eaten a bit throughout the day-not sure how he'll do when I'm away all day and can't heat up his food every 3 hours. I've got a plan for giving him his fluids tonite and hope it works. sigh..... I'm tired and sad.

I think I'll do what shoveling I can do and then set up the sewing machine and try to make a dent in my nephew's quilt. I really needed class tonite-it's so cheery in that store with all the gorgeous fabric and good company.
                double sigh.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hey friends,

I'm not sick but my poor grandson is
                  I talked my daughter-in-law into taking him to the ER at 8:30 last evening. Just as I suspected he was severely dehydrated so they started IV fluids on him. They did a chest xray to find that his lungs (in addition to his ears) are infected. He was transferred to a children's hospital overnight in Delaware. I've been with them as much as possible only leaving to care for our collective animals. My son will be returning from his trip tomorrow, he's going crazy not being there for them.

Hello to everyone & I wish you all a peaceful evening.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oh Lav! What a scary post! Please give your daughter and son a big hug from me and let them know I am sending huge pings and prayers for EB. Poor little guy. I know he will get the best care possible at the Children's hospital and especially with you by his side. Please be careful driving back and forth-you're exhausted and worried. Give us an update when you can. :h :h :h :l :l :l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks papmom
                      I'm staying home for the rest of the night, I am tired, no kidding.
                      The patient is actually EB's little brother. He turns 2 in about 3 weeks.
                      EB & my son are in FL but are cutting their trip short & will be back tomorrow afternoon.
                      This has been especially difficult because of Will's age. He can only tell you so much but it's obvious he's in distress. He is receiving good care so I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight & head back tomorrow morning:l

Are you OK?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oh poor Will! Praying for dad's and EB's safe return. Get some sleep and I hope YB will pull some shifts tomorrow too.
                        Don't worry about me-my back will be fine tomorrow. I wasn't hungry tonite so only had popcorn for dinner so couldn't take any Naprosin. I'll take some tomorrow after breakfast and will be as good as new.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good afternoon friends,
                          Have been to see my grandson, he looks a bit better today, is eating & not so grumpy.
                          EB is here with me now, his Dad went to the hospital upon their return from FL.
                          Papmom, can't drag YB in to help because he's in IN this week.
                          Hope your back is OK on this first day of spring

Greetings to everyone! Happy Spring!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I tried to log in this morning but the site 'could not be found'. I'm sorry I missed hearing about Will! He is is my thoughts and prayers tonight, Lav.

LTLW, thanks for filling us in. Best wishes for your upcoming wedding! I guess it is true, one should "never say never", eh?

Pmom, Rusty, everyone, have a good AF evening.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hey all! happy end-of-hump-day...

Lav - what a scare! As always, your family is so lucky to have Nurse Lav on duty. I'm relieved to hear that Will seems like he's turning the corner...I hope that continues.

PMom - so sorry about your kitty, good luck with everything. Similarly to LBH's belief, I feel the pups from my history clustered around me. I dream about them often.

Star and all those suffering this late winter weather -- so sorry, I know quite well what a heart-breaker of a month March is...I hope the sun comes soon and dries everything out soon.

LBH - rooster-whisperer indeed...I'm not sure which is more astonishing, the rooster falling asleep on your lap or 3 grand pianos in one house. Good luck with the emotions you are enduring, it must be a roller-coaster for you.

Dill - 43 more days? The clock is ticking!

Chill - in case you are able to read here - really miss your voice. And you too Sooty! Welcome LTLW; I found happiness in #2, I wish it for you as well.

Wishing all a good AF night ---
                              to the light

Comment

Good morning friends!

Chilly with a layer of snow flurries sticking to my deck this morning :H
                                Spring seems to be having a hard time getting started.

Not sure yet what my role is going to be today. Most likely I will be watching EB again while his parents are with Will. My daughter-in-law hasn't had a breath of fresh air since we begain this journey Monday evening. She's been a real trooper though even posting pictures on Facebook last night of Will enjoying some playtime outside of his hospital room

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful AF Thursday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X