af day Tuesday 19 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 19 March

blondie;1480288 wrote: PPQ - I must've jinxed you with saying you're always happy :H Be thankful you don't have to listen to this all day -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM[/video]]The Laughing Policeman - Charles Jolly / Penrose - YouTube
    Naw Blondie...I blame everything on my ex :H

I am very grateful I only had to listen to that once...happy packing....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

scottish lass;1480273 wrote: I think I may know why - I didn't have snacks in my car

SL's Sobriety Plan Update...ok, got it

? Have snacks in my car.
      ? Read MWO threads before getting out of bed in am.
      ? Get out of bed and acknowledge how good I feel and how different it feels without AL night before
      ? Eat good nutritious food ? have breakfast!
      ? Take supplements
      ? Sing on way to work as I am not hung-over
      ? Improve self image ? lose weight, pamper a little (pedicures, lotion etc)
      ? Gym ? continue with trainer until I have a good routine
      ? Walk ? enjoy the outdoors
      ? Get finances in control
      ? Spend a little of the money saved from AL on treats for ME! ? flowers, books, lotions
      ? Acknowledge witching hour ? when alone, watch all the TV programs that I have missed; when I have girls, enjoy them! When struggling post on MWO
      ? Have AF drinks for the day and different ones for normal AF time (avoid feeling of depravation ? ginger ale, or tonic with lime for 5pm ? 9pm only)
      ? Early to bed ? use calm forte to encourage good sleep patterns
      ? Weekends ? do something, have a plan ? even little plans, but something that makes me feel good ? farmers market, walk, relax etc
      ? Acknowledge success ? do not dwell on failures
      ? Focus on what works, not what doesn?t
      ? Have something to look forward to ? something in the close future, but a carrot on a stick.
      ? When struggling ? read old posts and great threads to reassure myself that others have achieved this so I can too!

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

I have typed a few check-ins....that have been lost due to slow internet connections.

PP....so glad you overcame the voddy call. Everytime I went through it...it made me stronger...wish I would have stayed the pace. When I overcame....I felt wiped out, but great.....when I caved I just got to feel awful.

We have moved to a new hotel....and in the middle of spring break. Its a wild bunch.....but god lord....they all look like they are 12. And from what I can tell.....they are not high on booze....however...I never ran in the "other worlds".....but they are certainly high off on something.

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

TheSunFlower;1480300 wrote: I never ran in the "other worlds".....
          :H:H Never heard it put quite that way before.

I'm still looking for that "trash can" in cyber space, figure there's all kinds of good reading there.

Thanks for the support and BTW you're definetly staying the pace now. Good luck with the "new" hotel.....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

Hello, all. Just a quick check in, busy day at the office today then I have the 2 oldest graddaughters over for dinner and games tonight! (14 & 10) Lots of fun!
            BHOG
            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

hey where did Wednesday go? well, at any rate I'm alive and well happy to report. made it back unscathed from a week in Napa/Sonoma/Healdsburg, and aside from an earthquake that woke me up I'm A-OK happy to say. I must say....walking around Napa in the late afternoon sober was one of the most relaxing things I've done so far this year. it was just fab.

Lav, hope yer kiddo is ok!

Scottish Lass, glad you are prepping for emergency relapse prevention. we all must have plans.

I've attended a couple of AA meetings since I'm driving my friend that lost his license. this has actually been a really good part of the experience as i found a group that is really nice and I had no idea they were so close to my home. neato!

well, off to 2nd breakfast as Frodo the hobbit would say

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tuesday 19 March

DET! Long time since I have talked with you! We need to catch up!
                BHOG- from way back when
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                X