af day Thursday 21 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thursday 21 March

Lav....sorry to hear that your grandbaby is in the hospital. I hope that everything is taking a turn for the better.

Pooped out....still on vacation. Had a full day at an amusement park....and we go to another tomorrow. Its a good pooped out....pooped out from smiling with kids and hubby all day.

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

hola all.
      i just woke up and don't have much to say, but making sure i check in to keep my mind on track. headed to the gym this morning and then off for a little afternoon excursion.
      yesterday was a busy day and i feel a bit tired this morning. it is good though. i know i am lucky to have all this me time. i read all ur posts of low busy family life is. we are busy too, but in a different (probably more self absorbed) way.

So here is my tally for now:
      AF month of March 17 days
      AF since March 10th: 10 days

I have been steadily getting better since I arrived in September, but not handling things good enough not to realize I have a problem. I am not trying to moderate by the way. In the past I gave up when I wasn't 'perfect,' meaning I slipped up. Quitting IS hard work. I am not going to give up on myself this time. It is important. And I have a lot to be happy about and I do not intend on letting alcohol put a shadow over all the wonderful things that are happening for me just now. So there, I said it. I think I get more out of this site then therapy sessions to be honest. No one sitting there evaluating your words, or sometimes I think, not listening at all.

Wishing you all a good day.

PS
      I was just about to complain about the weather here, but ... what is the point?
      I have to remind myself how in the Caribbean I would be covered in perspiration by the time I got in my car in the morning. My makeup would already be running and I'd be all stuck in my clothes... Now it sounds funny....
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Lavande- good you had the sense to insist they take your grandson to hospital. And, lucky you have good medical care nearby to look after him! I hope he will be home soon and you can put this behind you all as soon as possible.
        March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
        May 29: back to day 1
        June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Right...well normality reigns once more.......

Morning all..hmmm lets try and do some catching up and see where we get to ,
          Just been out ..frosty and cold but really sunny , so the rabbits are out playing in the garden
          so how is tremendous Thursday treating everyone?

Tea and coffee on the go for anyone that wants/needs it!!

mae TT..how are you today?isnt it strange how you sem to miss the site when its not there..and yet there are very few of us that have actually spoken to each other far less met?Yep I looked for another way into the site..thought I had found one ..but it was a cached copy from eons ago before the site moved domains...strangely enough there were a couple of names on there that I recognised,.So any plans for the evening ..or chill post work

Morning YAH..hows you today?yep sometimes there aint no news...except the news that you aint drinking ..I think that is pretty important!

Morning SL...just read your post..still Wed, cant wait for Fri...whasup? Thurs on holiday in your week?:H how are you? ok I hope..I note the comment "I have the emergency protein bars in the glove box...does that translate to "I have a bag of sweets and chocs in the car?"
          Weather is getting really nice here for your trip over to the Venice of the midlands

Goet morgen ltlw......how are you this morning?hoe heb je nederlandse lessen gaan??Ok Ik hoop.Have you got a plann together yet for the next time you feel like a drink?Its a good idea to put something in your purse..I also had something in my car and on my phone too..the junkies verse? its on these threads somewhere ..and it works for me..whatever it takes do...quitting is hard but dont give up or give in..it does get easierwe have all been there, and for me ,dont know about the therapy or meds, didnt use them but thissite certainly gave me tha strenght to sack the ale..anyway...een mooie dag verder

Morning Freefly..how are you ...I think you are doing brill..as for contributing etc ..no big deal when you want to you can but dont feel obliged to..just because there are a few of us on here that could talk a glass eye to sleep!!

Mornin BHOG...how are you today?Still doing good ? ace you have a great day

And now its the 200+ mermaid how you doing KY..glad to hear you are feeling positive..bit achey yesterday , but back in the pool again today.Yep keep at it mate..and have a great evening

Morning ppqp ..the surveyor ..and how are you this morning? well did you get everything surveyed that you had to?Is this translation time from paper to real?

Morning Lav...hows grandson today? any better? so take it you will be up at the hozzy today then? well heres a big on the go cawfee for you..hope the day turns out well for you whatever you are doing

Morning Turn long time no "see" how are things up there? ..wait a minute and Alaska.....joke Ill ask her .....yeh ? a forget it :H Seriously tho how are you doing ? Is it not time we saw some more of your lovely scenery on the avatar as opposed to the workings of a chrysanthemum was it?Have a great day

Morning SF..sounds like you are having a ball..in fact you have actually written part of your own strategy................
          "
          Its a good pooped out....pooped out from smiling with kids and hubby all day" tie those memories up tight, really think about them and store them away...the next time you want to drink think to yourself, im going to undo those memories, now do I want them,because this is what I have got or do I want that shit drink that is going to wipe all that away..and besides the money you save on al you can do mini ones of those to
          Right peeps time to go..just took a pic of those 2 playing outside..

/20130321081412.jpg/">

These are actual newspaper headlines gathered from papers across the country.

Whatever Their motives, Moms Who Kill Kids still Shock Us: Holland Sentinal, date unknown.

Survey Finds Dirtier Subways After Cleaning Jobs Were Cut: The New York Times, November 22

Larger Kangaroos Leap Farther, Researchers Find: The Los Angeles Times, November 2

?Light? meals are lower in fat, calories: Huntington Herald-Dispatch, November 30

Alcohol ads promote drinking: The Hartford Courant, November 18

Malls try to attract shoppers: The Baltimore Sun, October 22

Official: Only rain will cure drought: The Herald-News, Westpost, Massachusetts

Teen-age girls often have babies fathered by men: The Sunday Oregonian, September 24

Low Wages Said Key to Poverty: Newsday, July 11

Man shoots neighbor with machete: The Miami Herald, July 3

Tomatoes come in big, little, medium sizes: The Daily Progress, Charlottesville, Virginia, March 30

Dirty-Air Cities Far Deadlier Than Clean Ones, Study Shows: The New York Times, March 10

Man Run Over by Freight Train Dies: The Los Angeles Times, March 2

Scientists see quakes in L.A. future: The Oregonian, January 28

Wachtler tells graduates that life in jail is demeaning: The Buffalo News, February 26

Free Advice: Bundle up when out in the cold: Lexington Herald-Leader, January 26

Prosecution paints O.J. as a wife-killer: Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, January 25

Economist uses theory to explain economy: Collinsville Herald-Journal, February 8

Bible church?s focus is the Bible: Saint Augustine Record, Florida, December 3, 1994

Clinton pledges restraint in use of nuclear weapons: Cedar Rapids Gazette, April 6

Discoveries: Older blacks have edge in longevity: The Chicago Tribune, March 5

Court Rules Boxer Shorts Are Indeed Underwear: Journal of Commerce, April 20

Biting nails can be sign of tenseness in a person: The Daily Gazette of Schenectady, New York, May 2

Lack of brains hinders research: The Columbus Dispatch, April 16

How we feel about ourselves is the core of self-esteem, says author Louise Hart: Boulder, Colorado, Sunday Camera, February 5

Fish lurk in streams: Rochester, New York, Democrat & Chronicle, January 29

March Planned For Next August

Blind Bishop Appointed To See

Lingerie Shipment Hijacked?Thief Gives Police The Slip

L.A. Voters Approve Urban Renewal By Landslide

Patient At Death?s Door?Doctors Pull Him Through

Latin Course To Be Canceled?No Interest Among Students, Et Al.

Diaper Market Bottoms Out

Croupiers On Strike?Management: ?No Big Deal?

Stadium Air Conditioning Fails?Fans Protest

and this is news?????? cya

:hiya:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

I am now so confused I don't know whether I am posting in today or what.

Good to see everyone up and positive.

Lav ....hope the little lad is out today.

Mick I am developing a gym addiction now but all good got 20kg to lose. My new gym is next to the supermarket so I can pop in for any groceries when I leave the gym, plus it is really cheap.....only $11.75 a week

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

nearly had mwo withdrawal yesterday i like to read while i ride my exercise bike,no mwo made for a long,boring 45 minutes thank goodness its back up,you guys have a great day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Good morning Abbers!

Well it is the real Thursday morning in my neck of the woods :H
                Spring has been held back by a blast of cold air, even had some snow flurries overnight.

My grandson is improving, thanks everyone for the well wishes!
                If he can just prove that he can take in enough food & fluids to keep him going I think they will discharge him very soon

Love the bunny pics Mick
                They look like the bunnies in the Cadbury eggs commercials.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

AF today for me, Thur. 3/21. Wishing everyone to make it a great day.

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

MAE ALL...

Well that through a little bit of a kink in the armour didn't it. Actually posted in the future for TT's roll call. Sounds like everyone is back on track so positive paths forward to the weekend.

Measurements taken and logged, design drawing in progress, steering committee meeting tonight. I'm exhausted. Really paying attention to that as the last thing I need is an aw F it moment.
                    Electing the executive on Tuesday so hopefully can turn over some of the work then.

Apologies for not naming names but need to drink Mick's coffee to get my :happy: going this morning. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

"March Planned For Next August" :H :H That's where it is!

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

LTLW...I bumped the "Junkie Responses" on the tool box thread for you. I think this is the one Mick is talking about. Have a great day....PPQP

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Checking in for real on Thursday:thanks: - on the fly, meetings coming up.
                        No Mick, not candy - really determined to loose a stone! Had 100 cal bars in car - but so not the same effect as gummy bears :H Going on a real diet starting friday, will help me feel good about myself which is all part of the healing!
                        See you all maybe this evening after another drive home.
                        Well this is the longest Thursday ever - it was 24 hrs ago when I checked in to this thread and it is still not Friday:upset::upset:
                        Have a good day all......those who have a day to go, and good evening/sweet dream to the rest of you!:l
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Ok, so last week we had 70 degree weather; today we have snow...two inches and still falling. Nothing like "spring" on the Wasatch.
                          My two oldest graddaughters visited last night, yesterday at the office was somewhat strenious, but those two worked my up into a good positive laughing state in a hurry. Then we worked on models for them, and they made Sugar cookies with Granny (and yes, that is her preferred nickname).
                          So life goes on.
                          BHOG
                          Bald Headed Old Guy or Bald Headed Old German.
                          My son gave me that nickname...
                          there you go, YAH, now you are off the hook!
                          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Back from training - very cold out there tonight. We train outdoors and not in a cosy gym.
                            Thoughts have been misbehaving tonight. Going to get ready for bed and snuggle up with Masterchef.

Hi BHOG - thanks for name explanation
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Freefly ..are you in UK? Just when you said Masterchef its on now
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thursday 21 March

Hi Mick, yep South Coast of England. You watching Masterchef??
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X