Abstinece possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abstinece possibilities

I am always struck by the fact women stop smoking and drinking while pregnant ...... So it can't be that hard.

But they start again because they stopped 'for the baby' not for themselves.

Doesn't the whole reason for ALL of us being in this mess with drugs ultimately come down to a lack of self worth.

Kradle .....sorry Mat doesn't feel on the same page. Maybe he will resolve this in his own way. Kids are hard work......my middle son drove me nuts, still does to a degree, but he is a good person, just doesn't conform to what society likes.

Comment

Abstinece possibilities

Disagree with you on the pregnancy analogy here a bit Kuya. I found when I was pregnant that I did not feel like AL and felt sick near the smell. I also went off a heap of other foods when pregnant. I think there are hormonal/ possibly physiological factors for some (not all) pregnant women.

With reference to an earlier post you made about how we get brainwashed about birth being very tough. Its not that straight-forward. People gave me both positive and negative advice.
      But I ended up with a difficult and drawn out labour and birth. I had gone in with a very optimistic and upbeat attitude. The difficult labour was not in my mind - it had to do with the positioning of the baby and my exhaustion. My mother nearly died in all of her childbirths, one of my sisters did die after birth, and I was born 6 weeks premature.

Comment

Abstinece possibilities

treetops;1482560 wrote: Disagree with you on the pregnancy analogy here a bit Kuya. I found when I was pregnant that I did not feel like AL and felt sick near the smell. I also went off a heap of other foods when pregnant. I think there are hormonal/ possibly physiological factors for some (not all) pregnant women.

With reference to an earlier post you made about how we get brainwashed about birth being very tough. Its not that straight-forward. People gave me both positive and negative advice.
        But I ended up with a difficult and drawn out labour and birth. I had gone in with a very optimistic and upbeat attitude. The difficult labour was not in my mind - it had to do with the positioning of the baby and my exhaustion. My mother nearly died in all of her childbirths, one of my sisters did die after birth, and I was born 6 weeks premature.
        My post was misread methinks.....I didn't mean that childbirth was easy, just that it doesn't HAVE to be hard. We hear horror stories because that is what people remember, easy births are easily forgotten even though just as common.

Comment

Working...
        X