Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 25 March

YoungAtHeart;1482996 wrote: Hey Winter,

I think that some depression is normal when you give up drinking. Not everyone has it, but it is like finally breaking up with a bad boyfriend (or girlfriend); you still feel a sense of loss, even though you know it is for the best. I think I also grieved for the days long gone, when I COULD drink normally. I harbor no illusions that I can ever drink normally, but I had to grieve that I could never be that person again or have an uncomplicated relationship with alcohol. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hang in there.
    Yup, makes perfect sense. Thanks for posting. Gonna share a little situ that has me a bit stunned tomorrow. Need to sleep now. Weird couple of days- having nightmares at nap time. Ugh not good. Makes me think of the Many times I drank not to remember my dreams. I really am a "problem dreamer." Always have been- scary stuff.

We r just gonna think positive folks.... Looking forward to summer !
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Hi there LTLW and YahYah
      I definitely felt sadness after quitting - as in empty during the early weeks. It was very different to Depression with a big D - latter had made me incapable of doing things and suicidal, weepy. With sadness - I can still function and quite well but just feel empty.
      The sadness of quitting passed for me - partly cos I was busy and connecting honestly with people.
      Lately my sadness - is about life, the universe, getting old, facing my mortality. Which I hope is 'normal' as one ages - just regular existential questions. Although at times this passing of life - does get to me

Not for you to worry about LLTW!!!!

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

PPQ......my problem is having very low self censorship. My whole family is very open and honest about stuff and we talk very openly about everything.......nothing is taboo.

Sometimes here I forget that the world is not like us and, whilst this place can feel like extended family, it is not.

I get really upset when accused of being harsh....... I am simply saying what seems true because that feels like the only thing I can give. What is the point of a support forum for addiction where people are still expected to manipulate and lie? Isn't that what most did whilst addicted?

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

That's exactly what I did whilst addicted. :H I for one have always appreciated your truth and honesty, even if it stings sometimes. If it stings, it's probably because I needed to hear it and coming from you I know you have my best interest at heart. :h My boys and I talk about everything too and like you nothing is taboo, but do have to reign it in around certain family members. Hope everything is done and dusted and you have a peaceful night.....PPQP

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

happy AF evening ABenators far and wide!

LTLW, ditto what YAH said. totally normal feelings. my depression only gets bad when I drink. otherwise it's perfectly manageable now happy to say.

my biggest danger is complacency after a few weeks AF and today I dropped my sweetie off at the airport to visit family, and I'm on the road tomorrow doing the hotel thing for 3 days. I must be strong! no other options.

good to see you all, back at coffee time hopefully tomorrow

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

:hallo: Det...yup that's my biggest danger too...complacency!

Happy Trails...and you will be strong. period. :H

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Blah - stuggling here, not with not drinking - but badly need an atitude adjustment!
                LTLW - maybe I am in same place as you, not sure, but am in a funk for sure....and for no real reason - nothing is better or worse than it has been - Mick, maybe I can poke my head out of this, sure do hope so - do not like feeling blue!!
                Popping in to say hi, and to keep on track, no desire to drink just now, but this would have been an excuse in the past, so have to ignore that habit now...
                Det - hang in there...you can do this....
                see you all later, and need a stiff wind to blow this blue funk away please....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

scottish lass;1483065 wrote: see you all later, and need a stiff wind to blow this blue funk away please....
                  Here you go....

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Mae, everyone.

Okay, here goes my attempt to post a picture of my weekend hike. I'm on the left. Attached files [img]/converted_files/2082803=7514-attachment.jpg[/img]
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

PPQ, please tell me (again) how to insert photos. I've got them stored on my hard drive. Do I have to store them someplace else?

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

As recommended, I use Photobucket. I would open a "Reply to Thread" screen first.

Then in a new browser window Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

Click on the "Upload" tab and browse to your pic's. Click on the one you want to upload.

You will get an advertisement pop up and your pic will be in the bottom left side of your screen. Don't wait for the ad to finish, just click on your pic.

On the right hand side of your screen you will see a table called "Image Links".

Click on the bar beside the "IMG Code" and it will copy it to your clipboard.

Click back on your "Reply Post" and right click to "Paste" it.

TAADAA....

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

CB...I am always leary of signing up to "free" sites but feel very comfortable with this one. Have never had a problem or any type of spam. Seems they are doing well as they never used to have advertising.

Once you get used to Photobucket you'll see you can edit your photo's color, cropping, adding text, size, etc. I usually don't bother with any of that and just "paste" away.....:HPPQP

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

Off to bed....but now that CB had me back on Photobucket, just had to post this...

Comment

af day Monday 25 March

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X