Early April AA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early April AA Thread

BG: It's amazing the changes sobriety can make. I know a few people in program who did as you are thinking of doing. It's worked out for them.

I'm doing OK. We've got some dissention in our weekend groups, but it'll work out. I can see now that I don't have to solve everything for everyone. I'm not in charge...HP is. I can speak up as necessary, then let go. I'm accustomed to forcing solutions. I don't have to do that today, as I know all this is happening for a reason.

Take care everyone.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Early April AA Thread

Hi friends,

I just wanted to share.

I was out and about yesterday and decided to go to a meeting for the first time in two or more years.

I had two numbers in my purse from way back when and called both to see if I could find where the new meeting place was and get directions.

Not only did both remember me, one of them wants to meet me today at a lovely all women's meeting at noon and the other gave me the directions I needed.

The second lady actually showed up just before the meeting to give me a hug and tell me she had been thinking about me all this time. She had to rush back to work as she had taken off unexpectedly.

What a touching response from both.

The meeting was good and I enjoyed the group.

I am looking forward to the noon meeting today as it was always my favorite. A small group of women from varied backgrounds and much long term sobriety.

I am so grateful I decided to take the huge step of starting Antabuse again to ensure I simply cannot drink no matter what, which gives me the opportunity to stay sober long enough to go to AA, work with a counselor and live in the moment.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Early April AA Thread

Cindi: So happy to see you here. Please do not hesitate to come back & share. I loved what you wrote in your posting, as that's what AA is all about. As you might know, I had a relapse last summer after 3 years of sobriety. I was terribly upset about it. I was honest about it w/my sponsor & home groups. Everyone was so supportive. Words cannot express how grateful I feel about that. I was able to go back to AA wo/shame or guilt.

Take care of yourself. If Antabuse is what will keep you sober & going to AA, then I think it's a good thing. Don't let anyone tell you differently if it's working for you.

Good luck, Mary

PS: Of course people remembered you! You are that kind of person.
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Early April AA Thread

hello cinders! i rememebr you! i used to be called "peacenik"...i don't know if that rings any bells for you, but i moved across country, got a new email address and a new account here because i forgot my old info! good to hear from you and so glad you are back in business!

i have been trying to get a book study together for a group of women, and it seems to be coming together, but everyone works different hours so we just have to pick a time and go with it, i guess. should be good, we figured why have 2-3 groups of 2-3 women when we could just come together and have more input and discusions with more folks! the more the merrier, right?

anyway, things are good...living life on life's terms and trying to let go of things i should...it works so well!

oh, finished step 8 and read 9 with sponsor...on to 10!

peace!
          10-06-2012

Comment

Early April AA Thread

BG: You are amazing in your dedication to the program. I'm assuming you want to create a women's Big Book study. There really is something very special about an all women's group. I'll be going to mine tomorrow at 6PM.

Our weekend groups are going through some friction & drama. I guess it's stuff that we alocholics are very good at. I'm just using the Serenity Prayer & trying to change the things I can & accept what I can't. Tonight is a business meeting...we'll see what happens.

Take care one & all.

Don't hesitate to come here w/shares & questions. You don't have to be a member in AA to share here.

Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Early April AA Thread

thats all you can do, eh mary? that little saying can get you through most anything...i hate drama though! sorry you have to go through that, but then again, what would we learn of there was never a stirred pot!?

thanks for the compliment, someitmes i feel committed to AA and sometimes i want to chuck it, but i NEVER want to chuck my sobriety and AA seems to work for me, so i guess we know the answer to that dilema!

i heard a guy in a meeting say he didn't have to save everyone, he didn't have to do constant service work, he was passing "it" on just by being at meetings and stayting sober. i like that. i'm not too sure about wrapping my life in a cloak of AA, but i know that meetings are a necessity and when i share, i might be helping someone else stay sober that day, and sometimes, that is just enough.

peace!
              10-06-2012

Comment

Early April AA Thread

another good tid-bit an old timer told me was, "birthdays aren't for the person who's birthday it is, it's for the person who doesn;t think they can make it 24 hours, or 30 days, or 60 or 90 etc...".

i like that too...it's easy to pass it on, if you are honest and have integrity.

adios amigos!
                10-06-2012

Comment

Working...
                X