af day Tuesday 26 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 26 March

This is quite an accomplishment Lav, you are an inspiration!
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Congrats, LAV!
      You have earned all of the kudos we can give you, and you have earned a huge Well Done from yourself!
      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Hi All

Congrats. Lav. 4 YEARS. Always great reading about members enjoying an AF life.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF. 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Thanks everyone ~ it's been a fun & relaxing day
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

Congrats Lav! Thank you for always being here and a source of wisdom. I truly appreciate it.

I don't check in daily and know that I should. We moved up our "move out" date....so I have been head to toe with taking stuff to Goodwill (Good God....the crap we do not need)....and
            e-baying and Craigs Listing stuff. We made $1,500 today alone....like I said....Good God the stuff we don't need.

I am focused on moving and getting our new place settled.

Read an advertising article today.....and it was talking about the "evolution of sex" in advertising. It literally started out with a bar of soap They would wrap the bars of soap in sexual pic's. These pics would in no way be considered sexual today. But they had a long part on how "booze" got into that game. How magazines got into that game.....not surprising...but, men's products go up immediately when they involve sex. Surprising how much women's did as well.

I have also taken to reading up on how "bad habits" become "addictions". I went to a yoga class....and the teacher was all about her "bad habit" of not bending her knees when she picks things up and how hard it was to break. We went to dinner after class....and she asked me about any bad habits I may have.....I just looked at her and said...."I drank ALOT of beer". We have been fast friends ever since.

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 March

SF, that is a great story. The power of just being ourselves, and honest. I'm learning that one. To be comfortable with being plain ol me.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X