Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wednesday 27th

Congrats Kuya on the not smoking!

I find not smoking much like quitting drinking. I never smoked all day at work.....but, bam open the front door and my brain kicked into high gear to smoke. Just like a drink.

I got interested in the whole "bad habit" thing....as so many people talk about their bad habits. They did not develop overnight.....it was continuously doing the same thing.....over and over again. I did not drink every single night when I started. And then like most "bad habits"....it turned into an addiction. I sometimes....I think....I can't understand a food addiction or shopping.....but, I can because its all really simple. I just got addicted to something that made me feel like crap (like most addictions)....but, ALSO made me do really stupid things! I have never-ever....Shopped-Dialed!

I like to think that everyday I don't smoke....or drink....my brain is creating new pathways. Although I would happily trade my AL addiction....for my friend who is having a hard time bending her knees to pick things up! Seems so small in the big picture....but, doing this has caused her several serious back issues.

Cat....I do like being honest. But I can not be that open with just anyone. Honestly, she had this look of shock at first....and it made me laugh....which made her laugh.

I have a friend of mine who is an artist. He is on stage a lot.....and he is very open about his sobriety. What always gets me.....as he says, "I have been sober for six years".....I watch the room erupt with cheers.....while they are holding a drink

Mick...yes, I am ok

Comment

af day Wednesday 27th

hidy ho ABerooos!

busy but happily AF here in my hotel room in the San Fran bay. hopefully will get home tomorrow night. sure is nice and warm over here.

kudos on smoke free Kuya!

garlicky greetings to all

be well
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
      X