Mindful May!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindful May!

Up at the lake!! Will be having our coffee out on the deck overlooking the water. Hurry Coffee, perk away!!

Kradle, my grandaughter's middle name is Mae too.. named after her great-grandmother.

Close to twenty days and 'not' counting.. keep forgetting to count but by golly I WILL reach thirty. Can't wait for one of Nelz's stars. Of course I won't be stopping there. Forever and a day; that's my abstinence plan.

Glad to see everyone enjoying the spring weather.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning Mindul friends

Overcast in these parts this morning but I don't think it will rain.
      No special plans for me except getting as many weeds pulled as possible & ordering up a huge truck load of mulch to be delivered. My life is so exciting :H

Greetings cyn, Star, Dill, Tip & everyone checking in today
      Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mindful May!

Saturday morning and lots to do. It never rained yesterday, and a lovely walk outside was just fantastic. Hope to do the same later today. We are having new flooring put in today, so that will take the entire day for me. It is so needed, the carpet we have is old and cleaned so many times it is worn out.

Hope everyone has a great day and time to stop and post. Greetings to all.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Mindful May!

Good Morning, Mindful Friends,

I am just popping in to say hello to all my pals here. I have a busy weekend. My sober- for-almost-five years aunt and my uncle are in town so we are all doing a lot of entertaining. When my aunt was drinking, when she would come to visit, after all the dishes were cleared from dinner, she'd sneak off to the kitchen and finish off the left-over glasses of wine. She is very glad that's in her past now, and so are we. That is one aspect of drinking that never even occurred to me. The weather has been cold, rainy, and generally crappy.

Lav-I'm sorry you are suffering from nasty allergies. I also wanted to tell you that I have been off wheat for the last week and I've lost 4 lbs. pretty effortlessly. I also told my mom about your daughter going gluten-free for her arthritis, and my mom as cut back on wheat as well and has seen a huge difference for the better. Thanks so much for the great tip.:h

Pap-good for you for sticking to your budget.:goodjob: Just like giving up booze....staying within a budget gets easier over time. I'm proud of you.

Big hellos to Tip and Kradle. :welcome:

Hi to Star, Dill, Cyn, Perse, and everyone else, happy AF Saturday!

Comment

Mindful May!

Hi Star, sorry...cross-post.

Oohhh....new flooring....I bet it will look wonderful. Enjoy your weekend looking at something new and bright, definitely a mood-lifter.

Comment

Mindful May!

Morning Mindful Ones!

Star - you are right, this is an absolutely magical time of the year. I wish I were doing time-lapse photography on the plants, the trees - things seem to change within a matter of hours. We have a wonderful azalea 'tree' which becomes more stunning each day, the magnolia is doing its valiant best to outshow the azalea, and an old wild farm apple tree is just opening its buds - the most interesting peachy-red color, I've never seen it on an apple tree.

I seriously overdid on the bush-wacking this week...really got into a lot of pain with my neck...but working at the computer does the same thing, so what's a girl to do? Today I have to find someone to come and take the mountains of brush away...

Well, off to an estate sale of a 6,000 sq ft house. I hope all have a wonderful start to the weekend. Tip, enjoy your coffee, and congrats on the days that you're not counting. Rusty, so good to hear from you, sorry about the weather. I love the sound of 5 years sober; someday I will say that too. Lav - mulch delivery is definitely in my future at some point! Asparagus spears (6 of them are up - bless the previous owners for sowing it 3 years ago!). Dill, always good to hear from you, good luck with all these details of life. Pap - I'm also very impressed with your budget work, keep it up!
              Wishing all a happy, healthy day -
              to the light

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning May friends!

Up way too early with crazy Matilda but what can you do?

Nothing exciting in my life just weeds, weeds & more weeds :H
                I plan to yank as many as I can so I can get right to my mulch job on Tuesday. I will need lots of Ibuprofin after this workout.

Hi star, new flooring sounds very nice

Rusty, isn't it amazing about the wheat? I think a lot of us have food sensitivities that we don't realize until we eliminate the offenders from our diets. I feel SO much better staying away from dairy. I will always miss real cheese but that's the price I have to pay. Nice on the weight loss

OK, more coffee needed here.
                Have a great day everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Oops - cross post cyn
                  Enjoy your day!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

quick check in. Hydi ho to everyone!

Star-LOVE new flooring! Hope it it's everything you hoped for!

Lav-sounds like its a Lav day with no GK obligations. How nice!!

Dill-Your days are flying by I bet. You will be busy tying up loose ends but then you'll be FREE FREE FREE!!

Tip-keep at it. ODAT. You've been here long enough-you know the drill and you know it can be done. We're here for you and you sound very committed. Nice job.

Another gorgeous day. I'll be under a tent for 5 hours so at least I'll be outside. Should be crazy busy which is how I like it!!

Lav-It's not just how the yard looks in the neighborhood, it's how it makes me feel which is not good. I have been dissecting my budget line by line and although I have a few extra bucks, those are one time things and not going to be there on a monthly basis. I just can't find my way out of working 6 days a month on the weekends. I will keep praying and keep my faith in the Universe that something will change and that all this work won't kill me first. I think once I get the yard squared a way, some of the hopelessness will leave me and I'll feel like I can actually tackle things. Right now it is more than overwhelming.

Gotta leave in 45 so must hop in shower! Later gaters!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mindful May!

cross post Rusty and Cyn! will catch up with you two later!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning Mindful Munchkins. A beautiful Saturday morning and right after this post I am heading back out on the deck over looking the very busy lake this morning; I didn't know beavers liked lakes.. seeing a lot of fish jumping but they are not biting as we tried. Tricky devils.

Going off wheat is something to try... Does buckwheat count? I guess so.

Gardening is what gets us in touch with Mother Earth and I love getting dirt under my finger nails and really feeling what sustains us. I am trying to NOT overdo the garden this year. I am big on buying seeds and plants, great about planting them but not so great about maintenance. Maybe the sober me will be better. I certainly am better at keeping the house clean and myself presentable..

Thanks so much for starting this.. Zen mindfulness, consciousness and awareness are the three synonyms that work towards being truly happy. xx

Get outside folks. Western Quebec has finally opened it's arms to Spring.. now the little piles of dirty snow look out of place. Bring on the beach weather!!
                        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Mindful May!

Tip,
                          My understanding is that buckwheat is not actually wheat. It is gluten-free & safe for celiacs to consume.

Despite wearing gardening gloves I have a ton of dirt under my fingernails tonight so I'll be soaking them tonight :H:H
                          Of course I'll be right back outside tomorrow so I won't get into a real manicure mode

How did your day go papmom?

Hey Rusty!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Rusty! Did you get all that snow? I didn't even know about the storm until I read the paper today! What a bummer. Hope you weathered it OK girlfriend!

Cyn-it must feel good being back home and seeing all the spring growth for the very first time!! Anytime you want to drive east and tackle my yard, feel free! You too Lav!

Today went very well. When I got there at 8:30, no one knew anything about where I was supposed to set up. This was a huge outdoor "tent sale" for the store. I told them under the big tent but they said they didn't think so and that the manager wouldn't be there until 10. I debated whether to go home and grab my canopy (too much sun for me!) but it would have taken me an hour but more concerning the amount of gas I would waste. I called my friend who was coming to the event anyway and asked if she could bring hers with her which she did. Not until 10:30 but that was OK. the sun wasn't too strong at that point. I did try to use my tarp-I pulled my jeep around and attached 2 corners of the tarp to the open hatch, one corner to the canopy set up next to me and I found a nice straight 7 foot high branch to use as the fourth support. I was quite the vision trying to whittle the end so that I could stick it in the ground!! It didn't quite work out so I just had to be patient. Anyway, the event went well, it was very busy and they almost wiped me out of samples and I got my shade. Got home intending to mow the front lawn but crashed and burned instead after standing and talking for 5 hours. After a bit of a nap I reworked my budget for the millionth time and I think, possibly, I can drop down to working 2 weekends a month instead of 3 by July. Maybe. The envelope system is working well so far but its only been a week. I feel much more in control than I ever have before and to actually have currency that is tangible rather than virtual is a refreshing change. I find myself looking for deals (still not really into couponing) and saying no to things I would have normally "treated" myself to or bought in the name of the animals. I see what is left in the envelop and say to myself: "is it really worth the money? Do you want to empty your envelope over that?" Very interesting and I truly hope I stick with it.
                            so that's how my day went. Off to bed and then out to Western MA for another demo tomorrow and then all too soon another work week.
                            Will check in again tomorrow nite.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning friends

No sun yet but it will get here soon enough!

Wow Papmom, you are one busy girl!
                              Nice to hear you are making progress with your budget. Like anything else, your new spending habits will become second nature to you
                              I hope your day goes well!

Nothing special on my day plan, just pulling more weeds
                              Doing all this without a foggy head is a blessing, honestly!

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Greetings Mindful Ones,

She is very glad that's in her past now, and so are we. That is one aspect of drinking that never even occurred to me.
                                Rusty, I didn't understand what you meant. What aspect of drinking had never occurred to you? Finishing all the unfinished glasses of wine, or being glad it's in the past? I never finished other peoples unfinished glasses of wine, but I'm not saying I'd have been above doing it. I think the circumstance didn't lend itself....everyone around me finished their drinks and went for more!

Papmom, I'm glad your envelope system is working out for you. It feels good to be in control, doesn't it?

Cyn, I agree with you. It will be lovely to say "5 years sober". What a lofty goal, and yet it can only ever be achieved one day at a time.

Lav, Tip, Star, gardening greetings to you. I have plenty of weeds to pull too! For my birthday Mr. D bought me a wisteria and put it in the ground. One day it will be beautiful. Right now the yard is fragrant with verbena and lilac. Magical indeed!

And Lav, you are correct. Buckwheat is not wheat. Go figure.

LBH you are in my thoughts daily.:h
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X