Mindful May!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindful May!

Star-great news about your dad! Whoo hoo!! May he continue to improve and be clear of the cancer.

Lav-I'm so sorry about Diz! What a shock that must have been. he lived a wonderful long life with you and the kids and dogs. He passed happy I'm sure. I love that you will bury him with your dear pooch.

Cyn-I don't think you'll have any problem selling the hot tub. I think a lot of people would be happy to get a used one in good shape. I've heard of salt water pools (my sis has one) but I never heard of a salt water hot tub!! My brother has one they got from my SIL's sister/husband and they use it every day. My neighbors behind me use their's almost every nite, even during the winter. I would love to have one but don't want to do the upkeep so I won't be getting one. Good luck with the sale.

Per-glad you were able to check in from Palm Springs. Enjoy!!

That's it from here. no news. Just a tired papmom.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning, up early again, ready to go...

Lav, so sorry about your birdie, sad to find him. Hope your day with your daughter and grandkids was fun. I would love to have some veggies, but too many deer and rabbits around here. We had a pool when the kids were younger, and it is a lot of work and money. No thank you. A hot tub would be nice, but again, the upkeep. I would of course be in charge and want to keep it simple.

Cyn, rolling bins and canvas boxes. Do you get them at Lowe's, Menard's, Home Depot? Let me know it sounds like a cool project. I love the wildlife around my house, we throw out bread and apple cores and see birds, bunnies, squirrels, groundhogs, and it is fun to watch them. We have one squirrel who eats an apple core while sitting in a tree staring at us. I wish he could talk.

Pap, hope you were able to get a good night rest and feel refreshed today.

To all, have a great day.
      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Mindful May!

PAPMOM IS 3 THREE YEARS AF!!!

HAPPY NEW BIRTHDAY, PAP!!!:happy:
        I am so proud and happy for you!!! Where did 3 years go, wow!!!! Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us here!:goodjob:

Comment

Mindful May!

Happy Anniversary Pap!! You really are an inspiration - thanks for your example of steadfastness and courage and day-to-day dedication. Wishing you many many more anniversaries to come!

Lav - sad to hear the news of your bird friend; these creatures become so much of our lives, hard to imagine them not present; sweet of you to bury it with the dog. Raised garden beds! I hope that happens...the previous owners here have an enclosed, raised beds garden. Please tell me how and what to plant - I've never had a yard with enough sun to grow vegies, so I'm a newbie. (I did harvest some asparagus from the beds, though.)

Star, I saw the plastic/canvas garden 'beds' at an Agway here - not sure where else they would be, try Lowes and Home Depot. Container store (could try online) has plastic totes that can be fitted with wheels - just be sure to add holes for drainage or rocks in the bottom.

Question for you all - I need to commit myself to some sort of beginning of meditation. Is there something online that you recommend? I'm fairly hopeless at those, but willing to try again...I've put all the messages from 'Just One Thing' in a folder, but I've only read a few. In the spirit of Mindfulness, I really want to make a commitment to go deeper in this way...thanks for any thoughts.

Looking forward to rain here, hope it comes today...still have some groundcover planting to do...happy AF day to all --
          to the light

Comment

Mindful May!

Haven't posted in a long time, but have been reading. Just wanted to say CONGRATS to PapMom!!:goodjob: So happy for you and proud of you!

I am very busy right now, but will write more later!

Hello to everyone!!

TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Mindful May!

Greetings Minful Ones

TDN, nice to see you! Stick around for a while!

Papmom, great big CONGRATS to you today lady :yay:
              You have shown the true value of commitment

Greetings Star, Rusty & Cyn!

Missing my buddy 'Diz', funny how our pets become such a part of our lives.
              I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do when my grandsons come over......

Cyn, I think Chopra's meditations are very 'user friendly'. Guided Meditations | The Chopra Center

Looks like more rain is on the way & I need to get myself to Curves.
              Have a great AF Wednesday everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mindful May!

you guys are so great!! Ya know, when I got up this morning, it completely slipped my mind what day it was. Then I sneaked a peak on my phone this afternoon just cuz I needed to see you guys and what I saw was all the congrats and good wishes! I tell ya, my day was made! I sailed through the rest of the afternoon on such a high!

Hope you all had a great day despite the weather (pretty big rains here in the Northeast). I'm sure the sun was shining somewhere!!

TDN-great to see you! How are you doing?

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning friends!

Still dodging off & on showers here so making progress on the mulch pile today is not likely.
                  EB spent the night & is now munching cereal & watching Disney Junior.

Papmom, it's funny how we look forward to those big anniversary days then forget about them when they arrive. I guess that just proves that we really should 'enjoy the ride'

OK, I hope everyone has a great AF Thursday.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Good Morning Friends,

Just jumping on here really fast to say I'm sooooo sorry to hear about the sudden passing of your cockatiel, Diz, Lav.:upset: I was amazed at how long he lived, but I know he was the happiest cockatiel in the world because he was with you. Pets are vitally important to our emotional health, I think. How sweet of you to bury him next to your goldie.

Must run to work.

Happy AF hellos to everyone I missed!

Comment

Mindful May!

Hello all - missed yesterday, as our internet went out (ah, country living), and not even because of the storm! It was very dramatic all day - dark skies unleashing torrents, then misty, clearing, then dark again. I loved seeing and hearing the rain, and all the plants seem to have perked up and grown a foot overnight.

Thanks for the Chopra link, Lav. It is definitely time for me to delve into that toolbox.

Great to see you Rusty - hello to all who will be dropping by today - wishing everyone well --
                      to the light

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning to all...

Rainy here today, and cooling off this weekend. That is reason I plant on Memorial Day. Living in the northern climes, huge chance of frost till later in spring.

Pap, congrats on your AF anniversary, you are an inspiration to all of us. Despite problems and dealing with life, being AF makes all the difference. So happy and proud of you

Lav, you have been aching lately? Arthritis or something else? I have been and wonder why. Lots of fun taking care of grandkids.

TDN, nice to see you.

Nothing new going on. Have a great day and hello to all.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Mindful May!

Good Noon :H

I've been running a few hours late all day today!
                          It's been a weird week, not sleeping great, night time hot flashes have returned for absolutely no reason - crap

Star, yes to the aches & pains lately. I'm seeing a pattern of this every time the season changes.
                          There's been enough rain here lately that everything just feels kinda damp, yuck.
                          I'm restarting my glucosamine today, it always helps.

I need to get myself focused on getting some work finished up then back to mulching. No kids on the schedule today which is good (I need a day off)

Greetings Papmom, cyn, Dill, TDN & everyone.
                          Have a fantastic AF Friday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Good morning kids!

Is everyone sleeping in?

Thunder storms last night, lost power for a short time but all is quiet now. Just waiting for teh sun to make an appearance.
                            I hope to get to work on ths giant pile of mulch this weekend - hope it dries up a bit.

Have a great AF Saturday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mindful May!

Morning Lav and all mindful ones -

Quiet morning here! With the storms, the green of the leaves - light yellowy green, vibrant juicy green, glossy dark azalea green - is almost overpowering. I am taking things slowly today. We had company last night who stayed from 6:30 to 10:30. I was so pooped I almost excused myself and went to bed! Tried to sleep in this morning, but the dogs have an alarm that is unstoppable. So I'm contenting myself with gazing out on the green. One nice perk last night was that my guest identified the huge old flowering bush in my yard as Quince. Quince? Wow, that's why the blossoms don't look like apple blossoms, and that's why the apples didn't look like apples last fall!

As beautiful as spring is, I agree Lav and Star that I'm not always feeling my best, physically and mentally. Trying to remember to take the supps and stay grateful and not get overwhelmed by all that there is to do...

Wishing all a peaceful, AF day (Lav don't get buried in mulch!)
                              to the light

Comment

Mindful May!

Morning Mindful Mi amigos!
                                Heading off to work in a few but wanted to pop in and say hi.
                                Warm, mugging and wet here today. No yardwork after work that's for sure. Will try to work on the inside. Yesterday a nice couple came by and disassembled and took away the freestanding dog kennel I've had for about 8 years and rarely used. I'm hoping that someday that corner of the yard will hold a sizable pond but probably not this year. At least it will get cleaned up and I might be able to get my nephew to use the extra flagstone I have and make a rough patio. I can see a wicker settee and firepit from freecycle!!

Work went much better this week. I'm getting very busy with the new software implementation but even that is going to happen in fits and starts. There just isn't enough to do to keep me busy especially since when I do have a project it is completed in lightening speed. Maybe I need to act like other state employees and take my sweet time! :H Next week is graduation week so we all will be crazed I'm sure. I've got 2 late nites-for rehearsal and the event itself on Wed and Thurs and I'm hoping I'll get comp time for it. The policy is hazy.

I have made a reservation for an onsite travel trailer for the agility trial up in Maine at the end of July. Its going to be 27-30 feet long with slideouts. IT's about the cost of a hotel room plus the hook up fees but the nearest hotel that accepts dogs in 20 min away so it is worth the extra money to be right on site and be able to take part in the silliness and pot lucks after hours. My hoarder friend is coming with me to help defray costs. She has found another hoarder without pets who likes to take care of her dogs for her and her son will take care of the horses and sheep. She'll bring 5 of her dogs with us and we'll take her Grand Caravan up. It's all very exciting and I am making moves to start getting me and DD in shape. I've signed us up for a very small group agility class for 6 weeks starting in June and I'm using exercise bands for strength training as well as stretching every chance I get. I am going to try very hard these next couple of months to hit the on campus gym at least twice a week for cardio and strength training. I might even splurge on a personal trainer if I can eek it out of my budget. I'll be working extra hours at the PT job in June.
                                So, after a dark few weeks, things are looking up a bit. I might even get the courage up to ask my boss to finally do the formal eval and sent it in to HR. If she doesn't pass me, no surprise but maybe she'll have a change of heart!! I'm still keeping my options and eyes open. I'm still going to speak with my sales manager to see what ops if any there are for full time work with the company. One of my friends retired not to long ago and she has been quilting in her spare time. She is making very cool small wall hangings and pet memorial candle mats and is selling them like hot cakes!! I'm so jealous! She was never a serious quilter before-focused her spare time on artwork but she likes this better!! I just don't understand people who are scared of retirement! There is a whole world out there to explore!!
                                OK, gotta finish getting ready. Later all!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X