Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 26 May

Hello Abberoonies,

Had a long and productive day today. Hubby's inability to to lift, etc, has me jumping through hoops. :-)

I hope all USA MWOers have a special Memory Day tomorrow. Being an army brat and then an army wife, I am particularly proud and grateful of all our troops.

I can't really answer to all the posts as it is getting late and I am getting sleepy BUT I did want to say:

Mick, I am so jealous of your little greenhouses. I want some!!

Y@H, Working from home has its pros and cons. I have done a lot of work out of my home with my previous company. The upside is that I always got more work done for my clients because I was not hindered with commutes, travel, etc BUT, I also was available 24/7 for them as they knew I would be home.

Also, if you do not make plans to get out regularly, you will find yourself becoming too reclusive and alone. Keeping up with the dancing, etc, would be very wise.

A big pro for you would be the lack of a separate rental expense. Also, considering your clients, they may feel much more comfortable in a homey setting and more receptive to you.

Whatever you choose, Y@H, I pray it is a good step for you.

I, myself, had a very good but physically hard working day. Keeping hubby from lifting, etc, is a challenge. My duties have doubled as I am doing the cooking, cleaning, etc, plus the yard work and other jobs hubby usually does. Thank heavens my son and his children have been helping. That is a blessing.

See you all tomorrow or later in the day, depending on where you are.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

I'm glad that you are getting help with all the work, Cinders. I'll bet you're feeling a good kind of tired that comes with physical exertion.

BTW, I use my cell phone as my work phone; in fact, it is my only phone. I don't think people will call me any more than they have. Despite being available, my clients haven't abused their ability to reach me.

SF, who did you see in concert? I'm curious. Also, if yoga is your passion, follow it!

PPQ, I didn't mention it, but I'm happy you had a good visit with your dad.

:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Hi Yah I love working from home when I can - but i don't have clients.

A downside however for people with AL problems is that it can be too easy to drink if working at home - esp if one is not 'fronting up' to human beings in the professional role. However this is not a problem for you as you don't drink AL any more. Also you will have clients coming to your home.

Good move!

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

I have my practice next door to my house......love it! It means when it is quiet one is at home and can relax......go for it YAH

Comment

af Sunday 26 May

Ahoy Aberooos!

Treetops, thanks for the kickstart.

Mick what a fab bunch of shrubbery you have there mate.

feeling about 60% today which is a huge improvement from the last couple days. whew! so weak still so moving slow. unfortunately I have to drive 5 hours to another work event tomorrow (so much for holiday) and back in the hotel world for a few days.

well, off to pack me undies...

be well everyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X