• Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hello everyone still here day 20

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hi gang!

I just wanted to share something I ran across today
      Gluten Free Society - Education for gluten sensitive and intolerant individuals
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Lav ~Thanks again my dear for another link!!!

Going off gluten and drastically reducing sugar intake is much like getting off the booze. I feel cravings and somewhat deprived and yet I know this has to be given the chance to help me feel better. And I HAVE to commit to this. Its funny, in every way my body is forcing me back to homeostasis (I hope anyway). Cheers!
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Do you not consume gluten, Lav?

Persephone, the L-glutamine is more helpful for sugar than AL in my experience.

Hope everyone who posts around here is doing well !

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

No problem Perse

NS, my daughter was diagnosed last Fall with a severe wheat & gluten allergy. At the age of 36 she was dealing with crippling arthritis pain. After just a few days GF she noticed a difference & within 2 weeks she was feeling great! She has also experienced a tremendous improvement in her eyesight, the eye doc was amazed. I have decreased my gluten/wheat intake quite a bit to support her efforts & I'm wondering if it will make any difference in terms of our family history of auto-immune diseases. We shall see

btw - I used L-Glutamine for a while to kick my sugar addiction i picked up when I first quit drinking. It definitely helped but I had some GI side effects so I stopped taking that as well.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning...

Very interesting about the gluten free diet. I am going to an allergist next week to find out what food I am allergic to, causing swelling in my face.

Lav, thanks for the great links, you have really helped me alot with your link knowledge and sharing.

Pers, it will be hard to change your diet, but if it can help with the pain, worth it. May I ask if you went to a doctor or naturopath to find out what your allergies may be?

Wittsend, great wonderful 20 days for you. Tell us what you notice about your life in these past 20 days. You are doing such a great job.

Another busy work day, I am tired but the coffee is waking me up. Another beautiful summer day. Have a good one.
              Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends

There is a possibility of actually seeing a bit of sunshine today - yay! 10 straight days of rain is enough!

Congrats on your 20 AF days Witts end! I'd love to hear more from you.

Star, I really hope you are able to track down the cause of your allergies. If it turns out to be a food or an additive found in soaps or lotions, etc it's just a matter of eliminating the offending substance. Although that may be a bit problematic, it's doable
                My daughter has had such great results since eliminating wheat & gluten. She has removed artifical colors from my grandaughter's diet recently due to some undesirable moods & behaviors. There has been a huge improvement in Ms Lily's attitudes. This is very good news because I will be watching her while my daughter attends an evening class next month!

OK, I'm off to Curves for teh third day on a row. The next two days I am on grandson duty starting at 7 am - pray for me :H

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

NoSugar;1521219 wrote: Persephone, the L-glutamine is more helpful for sugar than AL in my experience.
                  Ah, this is wonderful news. I bought some at the beginning of this journey and never even used it. I didn't really want to drink as it was just increasing my agony, so cravings were minimal. Now, the real work begins...it just keeps unraveling. But that's a good thing! Traveling towards homeostasis, fer shure. Really, thanks again for all your wisdom and support.

Star, I was actually approached by NoSugar (who has a PhD., btw in Nutritional Science I believe) that gluten may very well be the culprit of my severe joint pain. Also, another friend who had radically changed his diet due to gluten and sugar 6 mos. ago RAVES about the results. So, I figured it would be worth the effort. Plus, eating healthier has long be on my list & I already notice improvements.

It is a time and energy commitment, but I am hoping it will heal me truthfully. I have heard countless stories of folks totally healing themselves of illness through diet.

Happy Hump Day Y'all. P.
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Happy Humpday fellow AF travelers! I tried to write earlier but things in the virtual world got in the way. Now I have just a moment and no time time to properly visit. Still I think it important to check in and let you all know I'm thinking of you!

Lav, I will be commiserating with you starting your day at 7 with your g-son!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Hi! everyone ....3 weeks woo hoo
                      miserable weather here not raining but may cool breeze blowing ........good day to sit by the fire

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning to all...

Lav, amazing results for your daughter. Eliminating artificial colors from granddaughter's diet and mood change - I believe it. When my son was little, I noticed that on holidays with lots of junk and artificial coloring, he bounced, literally bounced off walls. With the accompanying mood swings. It did not help when I asked the doctor about it and was told it was not important. Why does the standard medical profession refuse to address nutrition? I just don't get it.

Persephone, I have been eating rabbit food for three days and the swelling has gone down in my hands. Seriously, it is amazing. Gluten does not seem to bother me in very small amounts, but I am still experimenting, trying to find out what my body needs and does not need. NoSugar was so kind to approach you. I agree that changing diet like this is hard...it takes planning and I know I will cave on occasion and eat things I shouldn't, but I will work towards 90% plant based food for me. I know you will feel better when you find what your body needs. Good luck.

Witts end, it is fun to veg out by the fire with a good book. Three weeks AF is really great.

Dill, sorry your computer messed up. We are supposed to get hot weather this weekend, let's get out there and enjoy it. Are you and your husband able to get out on your boat? I hope so. I love the summer solstice, love the long evenings on eastern time.

I have an easier work day today, and plan on being good to myself the next couple of days, by making healthy choices and getting outside as much as possible. Anybody reading anything good? Let me know. Have an terrific Thursday.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends from the land of Golden Retrievers & stinky little boys:H:H

Star, have you watched the 'Forks Over Knives' documentary on Netflix?
                          That will convince you that a plant based diet is the way to go
                          I have the cook book, awesome!

Congrats on your 3 AF weeks Witts!

OK, back to the task at hand. Have a great day everyone!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

thanks everyone everything is going good at the moment

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning...

Summer Solstice. I love this time of year, it is warm and going to be hot to day. I want to be outside and since I am off, will be later today.

Wittsend, you sound great, keep it going.

Lav, I need to watch Forks over Knives, but don't have Netflix. I'll have to see if it is on youtube. Sounds like you are really busy.

To all, have a great Friday.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 3

Good morning friends!

Thankful my kid schedule doesn't start until 11 am today

Yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun! My daughter & Ms Lily decided to join us for the day & we all went cherry picking!!!! Got lots of delicious cherries & a tractor ride too - who could ask for more?

Star, you can rent 'Forks Over Knives' instantly from Amazon for $3.99
                                I love the whole concept of avoiding the surgeon's knife by choosing the right foods to eat

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a Happy 1st Friday of summer!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X