Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Morning all!

The big storms predicted last night never happened, just a few light showers. More to come this afternoon too, ugh, enough!

Star, I just had a conversation with YB (believe it or not) about reading books or should I say not reading books? I have dozens of books loaded on my Kindle & iPad, waiting for me to start reading but I just don't seem to have the attention span to really get into them. I read a few pages then wander off, get distracted by a phone call or something......
    Not sure what to do with my adult on-set ADHD!
    I seem to be happier when I am in motion & actually doing something 'physical' these days

Greetings to the busy Dill, Rusty, Papmom, Witts & everyone!
    I am off to Curves then straight back to jump into some work!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hi JuneStars,

I arrived home from MI 3 hrs. late last night, but I'm here!

This is a quick pop-in to say belated:

HAPPY 5 MONTHS AF, PERSE!!!:cheering::jumpwow: I am so proud and happy for you!!!!

Pap, I think you handled the chat with the contractor just splendidly. You utilized a wonderful, non-combative approach and it worked. GOOD JOB.

I am at work with one of my favorite clients so back at it I go.

Happy hellos to Lav, Star, Dill, Cyn, Witts (keep up the great work!!) and anyone I have missed. Happy AF Thursday!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Rusty;1524772 wrote: HAPPY 5 MONTHS AF, PERSE!!!:cheering::jumpwow: I am so proud and happy for you!!!!
        THANK YOU RUSTY! Hard to believe almost 1/2 a year has passed. Feels Very good.

Quick pop in to say HI to you all...hope your days are peachy. XO, P.
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hello everyone
          week 4 here and done
          bring on July af

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hey Gang, just another quick one here. I hope I get things to slow down a little so I can do better with this!

Witts, I read your post at the end of week 3 and thank you for telling us more about who you are and why you are here.

Good AF night everyone!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

TGIF, FRIENDS

Witts-Is tomorrow Day 30?? WOW, where did THAT time fly? Great news....how are you feeling physically and mentally now that you have some AF time under your belt?

In a rush to get to work....long commute today but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy AF Friday.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning everyone & Happy Friday!

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days Witts!
                That is such a wonderful accomplishment, we're all happy for you

Rusty, up & out early as usual!!
                Hope you have a good day

Dill, you are one busy lady - that's a good thing!

How about this heat & humidity?
                We had a tornado watch going on all day yesterday, lots of pop up T storms too.
                I'm doing my best to keep my feathered friends cool too!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Friday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hi Gang, Happy AF Friday.

Pers, congrats on 5 months!:goodjob::goodjob:

Witts, congrats (in advance) on 30 days! :goodjob::goodjob: Do you intend to keep it going? It's great to be able to reconnect with old hobbies, isn't it? It's amazing what al takes away from us without our even being aware it's happening.

Lav, we had a storm watch going on yesterday too. I got really upset with the local tv news station breaking in during a segment of the nightly news I was watching. You remember LBH and her macular degeneration diagnosis? Well this segment on nbc was about a new tool in the fight against dry macular degeneration. I found the video on the nbc news website. It inolves implanting a tine telescope in one of the eyes. It was amazing!

Star, The family meet up sounds like fun! I know it will be an emotional one for you with your Dad. I'll be thinking of you. Sending prayers, too.

Rusty, you are sounding so upbeat, as usual! Thanks for taking the time to pop in. Always food to hear from you.

Cyn, hope you are not working too hard!

Outside last evening at dusk catching fire flies with the grandson. That took me back to my childhood. One of those things that happened long before al ever touched my life. I wish now that I had never had that first drink.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Thanks everyone for all your help and support ....and yes it does feel good to have done 30 days
                    next goal .....I'm planning on july af .....full steam ahead
                    had a big urge to drink last night (probably because it was Friday but pushed it to the back thankfully )
                    still one day at a time
                    again thanks everyone

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

That's the way to do it Witts ~ just keep pushing those stupid drinking thoughts out of your head. Pretty soon you'll realize the thoughts are coming less & less frequently

Dill, the fire flies are here as well. Just last evening EB was running around the yard with them, having a ball. Some things like that are a rite of passage, don't you think?

Had another round of severe storms here this afternoon, flood & tornado watches up again too.
                      I just heard that the rainfall total here for the month of June will be breaking all records ~ swell.

Dill, I did hear a little something about that new treatment for macular degeneration. I will see if I can find that video. I see LBH on Facebook from time to time

Uh oh, here comes the rain again!!!!!
                      Have a good night all.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hello June friends -
                        Perse congrats on 5 months - such a wonderful accomplishment!
                        Witts - congrats on your 30 days - a major hump! Good for your for pushing back the thought - always good to remember that it's just a thought, nothing more. Thanks for posting about yourself - wow, what a tribe you have. And what a year you endured - I too send condolences about the loss of your mother, that sounds very tough. And how sad to have it compounded with acrimony in the family as you settle the estate. Sigh... What is Japanese embroidery?
                        PMom - how lucky your contracted worker is to have you leading her. Sounds like you did everything spot on.
                        Lav - I had to laugh at your description of YB and the boating...I have often driven over the S. river (on my way to SD's in NC), and it does seem like a moody river, perfect for sulking!
                        Dill - loved the firefly story...when I was little I used to call them 'taillight bugs'.
                        Star - hope your weekend gathering is good - take care of yourself.
                        Rusty - my avatar is not a pic of me, (unfortunately. since I love the sea). It's a picture I found and downloaded of a Labyrinth, which is an ancient Celtic sort of a maze. But not a maze that you get lost in; this one is meant for a kind of discovery...you walk the path, and many times it seems that you are going nowhere, but suddenly you end up in the center! Then you retrace your steps, and end up at the beginning, but you now are in a very different 'place'. I have had the opportunity of walking several Labyrinths, and it is like doing a walking meditation. I picked it as an avatar because it reminds me of getting AF - sometimes the goal seems far away, but you have to trust the journey and just keep putting one foot in front of the other...
                        Sorry if I missed saying hello to any of you --I'm off for another mad day of trying to click things off an apparently endless punch list. Lots to share, but I'll be back more regularly this week.
                        Happy AF Saturday, all!
                        to the light

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Happy Saturday Friends,

Cyn-Thank you soooo much for explaining your avatar. A labyrinth....and its meaning...how fascinating, especially pertinent with our journeys to be AF. "Trust the journey and put one foot in front of the other." I know I felt that way when I started college and graduate school. At the time it felt so insurmountable but I did get there.

I have a day filled with little steps that must get me to the end of my journey tomorrow....my family is coming into town for brunch. There will be 8 of us. Ah, I do love AF Saturdays. Everything on my list will get done....free of panic, free of shame. It's a good life, it really is.

Big hugs and hello to everyone! Happy AF Saturday.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning early birds!

7:15 here & I've been up for an hour already. My farm dog Matilda is an early riser :H

Well, we've broken the all time rainfall record for June in this part of the country - well over 10" & more on the way today & tomorrow

cyn, glad you checked in, I was thinking of you yesterday
                            I am amazed that we can still be so busy but I suppose that's a good thing in the end. No time to get bored & into trouble :H

Rusty, enjoy your brunch, sounds like fun!

I am truly grateful for all of these guilt-free AF days. I can't even imagine life any other way!
                            Have a terrific AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

morning all
                              sydney also has a broken record of the wettest june in 6 yrs
                              to-days overcast as well
                              june done ........
                              bring on july

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

you have to trust the journey and just keep putting one foot in front of the other...
                                Words to live by, Cyn! It's sometimes better really to focus on each step because looking at the big picture or the goal somewhere far away can be so overwhelming! I guess that's the idea behind ODAT as well.

Witts, well done on June and I like your next goal. Bring on July! Wettest June in 6 years? Yet, for you the dryest:H And that's a good thing.

Rusty, I am sure your brunch will be a success. Are you having the family in to your home or are you meeting up somewhere? You are so right about AF Saturdays...they are a special breed. Any AF day is special, but having the clarity of mind on a Saturday, focusing on things at home as opposed to work...it's grand! Same goes for Sundays. It's great to sit in church not fighting a hangover and feeling remorse.

Pmom, I hope you found a way to deal with your direct report coworker. I don't know if I would have the skills for that, altho colleagues have told me I am very diplomatic and level-headed. Still, handing out constructive criticism is difficult. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me and telling me I sound good "considering my new life". Believe me it is a challenge and I have some dark moments. I try to focus on the positive tho.

It's been an eventful couple of days around here: grandson not only learned to catch lightning bugs, but also to ride a bike! So wonderful to witness this AF!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X