Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF tues 23 July

hidy ho ABeroooos!

greetings from yet another hotel room. plugging away and happy to be at day 90 AF again.

River, huge kudos on 5+ years! what a joyous thing!

Treetops, my personal nutritional research has been quite exhaustive in the past 3 years and I agree with Cindi's post. I could write about this for a hundred pages and probably not convince you however.
    FYI 45% of the world's population that dies of a heart event had LOW to normal blood cholesterol. it's almost completely irrelevant to heart disease risk. the test to get is the lipoprotein particle count and systemic inflammatory markers (such as C-RP). those will give you a realistic idea of how you are doing. if you can only eat fish and eggs you can still turn your diet into a more powerful tool than any statin could hope to be. daily get 0.75grams of protein per pound of your body weight, get a lot more dietary fats from extra virgin coconut oil, cut out grains and legumes (especially soy), and you WILL dramatically improve your LDL/HDL levels, lower systemic inflammation, and be a healthier human in the process. also don't go nuts on the cardio. incorporate some weight resistance training and be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. (boy am I a freaking nag or what?)

lovely hot day here in Cali, but cooler than back home. I'm so glad the sales rep I'm with is not drinking. makes the evenings a lot more tolerable.

Chief, what you up to?

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF tues 23 July

and as our wise Lavande points out: be happy!

here's a tad of good news

Women with high cholesterol live longer, have fewer heart attacks and strokes
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF tues 23 July

Well Det - some media types said Prozac was a happiness pill! If only that easy.
        I used to take it - didn't make me shiny happy but it sure made a big difference to my serious depression and eating disorder.

Currently now still drug free - apart from coffee.

behave yourself in the hotel room Det! and congrats on those 90 days - zoom zoom

Comment

AF tues 23 July

TreeTops, I take a low dose SSRI myself. it's not magic by any means but helps to regulate the parts of my brain damaged by years of AL abuse. we patch things up the best we can and keep pluggin along
          thank you
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X