Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another August week 1

Good morning kids

Overcast & muggy here again today, oh well!
    This crappy weather makes watching the kids much harder IMHO. I prefer to have them outside to run off all that extra energy

Rusty, I hope your day works out OK for you
    I was never comfortable doing performance evaluations at work. You really need to disconnect yourself from the personal stuff & stick to the facts. If someone is not doing their job that is their choice. It's especially bad if they are putting someone else in an unsafe situation
    Good luck today!

Dill, I have definitely found my strength & stamina much improved! I just signed my contract this week to start my third year
    I do drive about 8 miles or so to get there ~ totally worth the trip I think
    I enjoy seeing friendly faces & having a chance to chat with others after being so isolated here in cow country. The younger women ask for advice on raising kids & the older women share stories about their lives - interesting! I think I am finally ready to try a zumba class too, maybe in the Fall now that my balance & endurance has improved.
    You should be able to sign up for a free week to try it out!

Star, burnout is tough, have been there many times myself. I wish I knew then what I know now about the power of distraction!
    Of course I now realize too that a huge part of my problem was the underlying dissatisfaction of life due to YB's chronic negativity. Ouch! I hope you can refresh your batteries with some R&R.

Witts, a big CONGRATS to you on your 70 AF days!
    It keeps getting better & better!

I see papmom & chill on FB almost every day - LBH, not too often.

OK, wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Another August week 1

Hey Rusty, yes next week my daughter's class ends.
      I'm not going to have too much time to be lonely because the boys will be coming back :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another August week 1

Good morning...

Lav, finding balance in life is a constant challenge! I am so happy I took a few days off. Yesterday was a near perfect day. A little housework in the am (I like my house clean), pool in the afternoon, grocery shopping for one meal, and sitting outside in the evening. Weather here is awesome, I feel so badly that you have had so much rain. My husband was depressed in the past, and it made it really tough. Winters are hard on him, me too as I get older. Sounds like YB has a lot to work out. Curves sounds like a women's club, fun, sharing and exercise.

Rusty, I think the perfect job would be two or three days a week. By that time, I am ready to be off. Unfortunately, I can't make enough money to survive on those few hours. Darn. Hope your Friday goes quickly. Nice weather for the weekend in your forecast.

Dill, you always find great quotes. Thanks so much for sharing. My teacher friend has to go back to school next week, and is excited to start. I think the summer gave her too much free time. Are you excited to not have to go back?

Well, today I have to run an errand, and I thought I was having weekend guests, but something came up. That is fine with me. I just want to relax and read, hang around. Be outside. If anyone gets a chance, Rick Hansen's website is all about peace, a great article. Have a great Friday.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Another August week 1

Evening everyone sorry running late to day and now nearly asleep
          Have a good af weekend

Comment

Another August week 1

Good morning friends!

Cloudy & humid as all get out again
            I'm beginning to wonder if this weather pattern is some sort of karmic punishment :H

Star, glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing day yesterday
            I hope to get some R&R time myself this weekend. Of course that's right after I clean up a week's worth of sticky handprints & dog hair around here!

Greetings Witts & everyone!
            I'm need to get myself out to Curves which is a women's only club btw!

Have a great AF Friday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another August week 1

This was nice Star

Four kinds of peace and how to experience them | Wildmind Buddhist Meditation
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another August week 1

OK, Star and Lav, I have just signed up for the email from Rick Hanson. I think it will be very helpful. I also am going to read Buddha's Brain! Thanks to you both.

Rusty, I wish I could say that I have a standing weekend gig with my neighbor girl, but she has a free life (unlike me). She can't help this weekend because her sister is visiting from California. Happy for her, sad for me!

Star, I am not at all sad about nor returning to work at the end of the summer, but I don't think I can be compared to your friend. I am so swamped with the child care thing that I can't relate to "normal" right now. I just want a break.

Witts, I will def enjoy an af weekend with you!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another August week 1

Another beautiful morning. We are going to Lake Michigan today, a few hours drive. It will be fun as I have not been to the lake all year. Used to live close to it and visited it several times a week as a teen. Hope to go out to lunch then more time outside. Want to take a long leisurely day to again, just do relaxing activities.

Dill, I could get used to this being off. Sorry you are so busy right now. I am glad your son is working and that the grandkids are getting such good care. Hope your DIL is getting herself healed and ready to be there for her family. You are a great person to do so much.

Lav, wasn't that article just great? I like the idea of different kinds of peace, that we can access if we are aware that they exist. Thinking about thinking is so complicated, but to me, necessary as our minds can take us on a negative path if we are not careful. Dr. Hansen's understanding is that our minds are negatively biased to help us survive, look for danger. We can practice skills to overcome that bias, and it is really helpful. I was laying in bed this morning and thought of three things that I am grateful for, a good way to start the day. It is just as easy to be negative. Are these the types of things you have worked on in the last four years?

Off to get ready to leave for the beach. Have a great day.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Another August week 1

Good morning friends,

Still cloudy, warm & humid here......getting boring

I'm going to take a ride to IKEA with my DIL & the boys today, that should be interesting :H

Dill, hanging out at home with the kids day after day is rough. I find it helps to put them in the car from time to time & just go somewhere, anywhere.

I'll check in later. Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another August week 1

Hi Star - cross post!

Yep, stopping the negative thinking has been a huge help for me.
                      When YB is here & starts spewing his negativity I tell him to stop - I'm not having it anymore
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another August week 1

Good Morning Friends,:h

Our little thread has shrunken hasn't it? I hope I am not the reason, as I know I have very strong views, and I think I may have offended some people. If any of you think that might be the reason, PLEASE PM me and let me know so I can send them PMs and apologize. I really miss Chill, Pap and LBH and TDN, only because we've all "known" each other for a long time. I am rather introspective this morning, but very cheerful.

Regarding Facebook, I am on it but only because I love to see pics of my brothers' and sister's kids and their friends. However, it is very time-consuming and annoying when I get 8 e-mails in a row with comments about someone's dress or an event they attended, which was held at Chili's Who cares? Also, despite what most people initially think when they meet me, my life is not an open book. I am a very private person and I guard my privacy fiercely. Hence, MWO and our cozy little thread.:h

Well, my meeting with my client's boss went very well. He was extremely receptive to my concerns and gave me his full back-up on a training session I want to do with his ne'er do well employee. Said employee bleats like a sheep when he knows his boss is looking over his shoulder so I asked the VP if I could copy him in on emails to this employee, and he said, "YES!" Phew. I am glad that is over. I MUST stop this habit of thinking the WORST is going to be the outcome of every uncomfortable situation, and just live in the MOMENT, with the confidence that I will handle it appropriately. Just because I just had a horrible experience with the client I just fired, it doesn't mean I will have the same experience the next time. Ok, enough about me.:H

Dill-Hmmm......so the neighbor girl has a life (damn her). Just kidding. Maybe she has a friend who needs extra cash that she could recommend. Maybe if you cannot arrange a weekly "play date" maybe bi-weekly? If you and Mr. D planned to go away for a night, could your son possibly work that into his schedule? I was thinking that if you could plan a special event a month away, that you would be able to find a babysitter and your son could help with the arrangements. My friends who are retired and have one special needs son always have to plan something special, even if it's six months away. Six months seems so far away and yet they live for that weekend away and it's all they talk about.

Lav-I sure hope the weather has improved. When do the boys start to arrive? Isn't your DIL going for her Master's degree?

Star-have any special plans for the weekend?

Witts-what are you doing today (which will be Sunday in a few hours:H)

I am off for a run on the lake path, a few errands, a workout, and a day with NO plans!

Have a lovely AF Saturday!

Comment

Another August week 1

Oooppss....Lav and Star....sorry, cross post.

Star-have fun going to Lake Michigan today. I bet you loved going there as a child. Sounds like a wonderful memory.
                          Thinking about thinking is so complicated, but to me, necessary as our minds can take us on a negative path if we are not careful. Dr. Hansen's understanding is that our minds are negatively biased to help us survive, look for danger. We can practice skills to overcome that bias, and it is really helpful.
                          Thank you for that quote, Star. I need to practice harder.

Lav-have fun at IKEA with DIL and boys. Yes, it should be an interesting trip.

Yikes...I've been on here for over an hour. Must sign off NOW:H before I keep talking!

Comment

Another August week 1

Morning all
                            I'm spending time with my son and his wife
                            Moving tomorrow to the other son's place to mind there 2 boys while they go to Sydney for the next week
                            I am good at getting lost in Brisbane even with a GPS
                            Hope everyone is enjoying there af weekend

Comment

Another August week 1

Happy Sunday, Witts! I posted on your 70 Days AF Thread earlier this afternoon. It was a day that I had planned for no plans, so I had time to lurk and came across your thread.:goodjob: Have fun with your family today, and rest up so you can be on granny duty this week. Wow, you, Lav and Dill will be swapping stories on your experiences with kid duty.

I so enjoyed my day today....errands, exercise, sun, SHOPPING...it was heavenly.

Sending lots of vibes to all of you and hoping you are enjoying an AF Saturday night or Sunday (Witts and Mr. G:h )

I'm off to bed soon. See you in the morning.

Comment

Another August week 1

Good morning friends,

Still sitting here with my coffee & waiting for the sun to make an appearance. Such bizarre summer weather here on the east coast....too dark, too damp

I did manage to find a few useful things at IKEA yesterday while chasing two little boys around - geez! Brought them back here & made tacos for dinner. They had some of my homemade ice cream in waffle cones for dessert. Glad I thought to send them outside to eat dessert, the little one bit the bottom off his cone & dripped ice cream everywhere :H

Rusty, glad you had a good day yesterday
                                I've enjoyed Rick Hanson's website for along time, he just makes sense.

Star, hope you enjoyed your day at the lake.

Witts & Dill, I imagine you are knee deep in family & grandkids as well.
                                I may end up entertaining again today. My son is on his way home after a 36 hr shift in DC so he'll be looking for some down time.

I just used JackieClaire's date/duration calculator & found that I am 1600 days AF today - yay

Have a nice day everyone!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X