af Wed 14 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Wed 14 August

MAE abberoos. I think you have the old TT back on the block. I am not out of the woods yet with my problems but I made a decision and sorted a few things out. I can't say much but its been a very saddening experience for me - taught me to be wary of who I can trust.
    And sober to boot through all of this. Thanks for all your lovely kind words - my family has also been great to me through this.

Welcome BAFA - another blondie. Yikes! Where do they come from? I won't say 'out of a bottle' because many blondies are for real and we don't like a lot of things out of bottles around here. Anyway, nothing wrong with blonde support in the hair department - ay, Pauly? And while I am at it - I really appreciated your sweet words Pauly. Don't worry about the clients who ask questions and get on your nerves - they are reflecting their anxieties. We all like to gabble at the hairdressers.

Wow -Mick's business is exhausting - but you have also been so kind to me too - as indeed you all are.

Lav - how is the extreme weather? Hope your coffee maker is sorted out. We have brilliant sunny (but cold) weather here today. Hope you are enjoying your new TV.

Cinders - yes, sobriety is a time of regrowth and there are many here who know this so well. My only advice is to not be too harsh on others - I mean, don't rush into changing things too much. I don't thing you would anyway. I know that last year when I was in a support group that I became annoyed when a counsellor tried to provoke me into saying critical things about my life - almost as if big life changes (apart from AL) was a necessary condition of sobriety - but I felt confident in what mattered to me.
    Well I did change the kitchen :H

PPQP - thanks for the Ps and Qs. I have also taken a stab at a new challenge at work - and I do think being sober is a big big plus. Yes, you must be up to an anniversary soon.

Samstone - do hope the insurance pays. Oochh. Thanks for the explaination of your avatar. But what about your name? Where does that come from?

Yah - hope the sale goes through. How is the daughter living back in situation going?

Well I better toodle off and get back to work but you all have a great Wednesday when it comes your way - if not already.
    I heard on the radio today that there is a search for a new 'brand' name for NZ since our clean green image has been tarnished. I might suggest 'Upside Down Land' but I don't think that would go down well. Neither would a slogan like 'The Land that Alcohol Forgot' (I wish!!!).
    Be good all !!:thumbs:

af Wed 14 August

tt ..just going out of the door now ,but had to write n say welcome back the old tt..not literally!!!:H:Hglad its working out

big hello to everyone else ...ppqp bdsm..is also short for bandsman ..a rank in the British Army

cya
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump day

TT glad to see you feeling better today. We spend so much time at work, what happens there can't help be affect us in big ways.

Greetings Mick, hope you are enjoying your day of R&R & behaving yourself :H

The sun is actually shining & it was a cool 59 degrees this morning - yay! I can finally turn the AC off & open some windows.
      I'm on my way to Curves now then back here for a bit of work. Watching my granddaughter tomorrow for my daughter's last day of class for her summer session. The Fall semester begins in about 2 weeks & I think I will be watching Ms Lily two afternoons each week. Not sure about the boys but I'm sure I wil be watching them as well.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Hump Day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Morning all
        wow! what a weather change. Hope it stays like this through the weekend. Hate riding motorcycle in rain.
        good to see you Cinders
        35 chicks, eh Lav, all Orpington's?
        Glad you're doing better TT.... Samstone was a character in a John Prine song.
        PQ and Mick, have an enjoyable day

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Wed 14 August

MAE ALL....

TT...glad to see you back. Well you've accomplished the biggest hurdle, made a decision. Sorry you had to go through what sounds like some back stabbing to me, but look at you coming through AF. Hope everything else gets sorted quickly.

Mick...enjoy your day. Tell me, is a bandsman submissive? :H

Lav...glad the weather has improved for you. Enjoy your alone time while you have it.

Sam...ah so you're a biker as well. Hope the weather holds for you on the weekend.

Last day of flexible freedom and afternoon bridge playing for me. Start training for the new position tomorrow. Know most of it all ready. Might have to grieve a little for the loss of my new office. It was fun while it lasted. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Wed 14 August

happpy humpday everybody,glad youre feeling better tt,so unusual to hear you feeling down,but we all have those times i guess,sometimes life is a truckload ya know?gonna be a hot one today 108 is the prediction,im cool with it as long as the wind doesnt blow,triggers my allergies,yesterday i sat out in the sun and it felt so good on my skin,almost like the heat is cleansing in a way,anyways everyone have a wonderful day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Wed 14 August

treetops;1543518 wrote:
              Cinders - yes, sobriety is a time of regrowth and there are many here who know this so well. My only advice is to not be too harsh on others - I mean, don't rush into changing things too much. I don't thing you would anyway. I know that last year when I was in a support group that I became annoyed when a counsellor tried to provoke me into saying critical things about my life - almost as if big life changes (apart from AL) was a necessary condition of sobriety - but I felt confident in what mattered to me.
              Well I did change the kitchen.
              If there is any reason I can point to that shows how invaluable being here at MWO and most especially on this thread is the responses I got yesterday.

TT, I am not being too harsh, actually. I am just recognizing, as Lav said, that the only person I can change is myself. I have so many little things to experience sober that I always dealt with by drinking. It sounds trite, but it is not. Some things are perplexing, actually.

But, your advice is spot on with AA's advice about not getting into new relationships or making major life changes during the first year of sobriety. Good advice from such disparate and separate sources. For the first time in my life, I am willing to actually hear the advice.

As an aside, I have been eyeing my kitchen so critically lately. :H:H

I have many chores to do today and some errands. I best get going but I wanted to thank all of you for being here and being so caring. I have been so needy lately and worry that I am not giving back as much as I should but that is hubris, too, isn't it?

Have a great AF day, friends.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Hi again,

The weather is fabulous, isn't it Sam?
                Wish I wasn't stuck inside working but that's the way it goes.
                My new chick order is 25 Orpingtons & 5 Araucanas (the kids get a kick out of the bluish-green eggs)

Hey PQ, hopefully you can make your new office a little sparkly - just for you

Pauly, allergy season is here. The minute I turned the AC off & opened the windows this morning I got a nose full :H

Cindi, I kept my focus on myself the first year, absolutely, but I wasn't in a bubble. I didn't make a big deal out of things I simply asked my husband to think about making some changes himself, for himself, not for me. I felt so much better I just wanted to to have the same feeling. Guess that was too much to ask
                The funny thing is he's never totally left. He is here darn near everyday to lend a hand helping to take care of this place that HE wanted so badly. He eats whatever I am cooking, says thank you & leaves again. Weird, just weird.
                Keep your focus on you for now

OK, back to work!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Just a quick fly-by, but you had 5 months yesterday, too, Cinders! Congratulations. I know there have been some things that have bugged you for a long time that you drowned in AL. Definitely give yourself some time to think things through before making changes. Remember, too, that the only one you CAN change is yourself, but you are also allowed to ASK others to change, and they may or may not be willing to. We all have our limits on what we can deal with.

Hugs about missing your Dad too. :l

Thinking about the rest of you as well.

Still waiting on word about the house, but gotta get ready for work now.

:l
                  YahYah

Yeah, cross-posted with Lav. What she said....LOL
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Wed 14 August

lav,that actually sounds like the perfect marrirge,haha
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Wowwee - 5 months Cinders! Thats fantastic :yay:

Comment

af Wed 14 August

treetops;1543833 wrote: Wowwee - 5 months Cinders! Thats fantastic :yay:
                        Agree! and Ditto!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Wed 14 August

CINDERS - 5 MONTHS - WAY TO GO!

THE KITCHEN IS PERFECT :H

Comment

af Wed 14 August

Miss a day and miss a lot. I still need to read yesterday's thread.

TT....sorry to hear about what you have been going through. I know the reality of trusting the wrong person. But it sounds like the important people are supporting you.

Lav....the weather has been great here today. Glad the rain is gone! Although it is great for naps

PPQ....you needed to demand keeping the office. When I am in the office....I work in a cube....who came up with that idea? What you save in rent....you lose tenfold in productivity.

Pauly....I love the sun too. A big part of my recovery is the pool

Cinders....congrats on 5 months! My husband and I are having a difficult time as well. We had our issues while drinking.....but it was easy to numb out the reality of it and turn a blind eye. We have really been coming to a head lately. But I am not making any drastic changes the first year. We had a pretty big implosion today....however, I think it was needed and now we can start healing. We shall see.

YAH....the only people we can change is ourselves. And I think for me....it's means there are deal breakers. I am not sure if I have a deal breaker on my hands yet....

I went to a rather disturbing meeting tonight. So glad I had all you to come home to

Comment

af Wed 14 August

I just saw these congratulation posts. How awesome.

I didn't even realize.

Thank you everyone!!

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X