spring september week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring september week 1

Well ~ the cookin went well but I spent the entire day in the kitchen, oh well.

There was actually only 1 brief shower this afternoon but the humidity out there is absolutely obnoxious, makes me feel sick, yuck. I see some lightning now so overnight storms are not out of the question I suppose.

Hope you got those dishes washed papmom :H
    Sounds like you had a productive day anyway!

Greetings Dill, Rusty, Star & Witts! Has anyone heard from Cyn lately??

I need to wind down now - long day.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

spring september week 1

Good Morning Everyone,

Lav-no, I have not heard from Cyn. I'm sure with her new job in NYC that she is very busy. Maybe I will PM her later. What is up with your weather? I wish I could send some of our sun your way.

I am working at home today, for which I am . My niece, husband, and 4 kids under 9 will be staying with me Friday-Sunday. Can't wait....they are coming from home in WY for a wedding here.

Big hellos to Dill, Star, Pap, Witts, Cyn, Mr. G...and everyone else, have a lovely Tuesday.

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning...

Everyone's weekend went well it seems, good, it is all good AF.

Dill, I know we like the same kind of books, we could have a book club if we lived closer. I read so many books this weekend, I am ready to go to work and do something else. It was all good though. How is your son doing? Can he go back to work? You are managing beautifully and really being of service to your family. Admire all you do.

Lav, the weather will be changing soon. We had a good day again, but so dry, we need rain. It cooled off, the air has been off for two days. Hotter later this week.

Rusty, you sound so good, work, relationships, plans. So happy to hear it. I am sure your weight is so much better, I think we have unrealistic ideas of how much we should weigh. I look like my mom, with weight around the middle. I am working on it though. Have a good week.

The poison ivy is turning the corner, but the steroids took their toll. One night I sleep, the next night not. Thank goodness for the meds, but the side effects are horrendous. Work today, so hope I can make it through. This has been hell, and I can assure everyone, I am making sure to be really careful. I never want this again. So glad I have fall to look forward to, I love the change of seasons. Summer was great, fall will be too. Everyone, have a good day.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning kids,

Still dreary looking outside, WTF?
          No wonder I've been feeling moody & have been dragging my ass around the past few weeks!
          I saw on the news this morning that my old home town had some nasty flash flooding yesterday, geez! My new chicks are arriving next week so they'll help drag me out of this funk

I have lots of paperwork, bill paying sort of stuff to do today so I'll just stay inside & forget the weather.
          Rusty, good luck with your company - that's a herd of youngins :H

Have a great AF Tuesday one & all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

spring september week 1

Happy Hump Day...

I love the way this week is going quickly....

Lav, you have had a kind of blah summer, weather wise and lots of intense babysitting. Is there something fun or new you can plan and do for yourself? A weekend trip or spa day? Sometimes we have to treat ourselves, I know I do.

I too have been feeling a little blah from time to time, but think it is just the normal mood fluctuations everyone has. I try to deal with it by making sure to exercise, eat well, think gratitude, connect with my few friends, and sleep enough.

I read the post by flyaway about her husband wanting her to drink again and found it so sad that he was not supportive, her partner, but wanted her sick and tired, in hell again. It sounded like she more than made up for her drinking by supporting his! Pub crawl, designated driver, that was more than I could ever do. I appreciate having this forum and the support. Flyaway, I support you 100%, always do what you know is right.

Well, getting ready for work, hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning friends, Hump Day it is!

Star, I have to admit I have a heavy duty case of the blahs going on. It really started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I can think of a number of contributing reasons but #1 is crappy sleep. If I could just get some decent sleep the rest of the stuff wouldn't matter so much. I'd love to go away but I just don't want to go somewhere alone - too depressing. I am not a spa type of person, never have been

FlyAway's post made me extra sad when I saw it last night. Why are people so damn insensitive so sometimes? Actually it made me think of YB's ego driven behavior. How can one grown person be so self-concerned, even to the detriment of another? We are all behind you 100% FlyAway!!!!!

OK, I need to haul myself out to Curves before I do anything else today!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

spring september week 1

Hello threadmates!

Lav, Not to brag, but I woke to 47 degrees and sunshine. My favorite kind of weather! I think Fall is coming early. I love it!

Star, you are so good about trying to weather your down moods with healthy activities such as exercise. I am in a down mood today too, but will focus on the lovely weather and will get out and walk my way out of my funk.

I was sad when I read Fly's post (after you both mentioned it). I guess her hb needs to educate himself on the subject of alcohol and addiction in general. I think his comment showed a lack of maturity and a certain amount of ignorance.

We picked apple yesterday and froze 17 quart bags of them! Good thing we have 2 freezers! LOL!

Happy AF Hump Day everyone! This week is flying by!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

spring september week 1

Dill, how do you go about freezing apples?? That's interesting.
                  Please send that nice weather this way
                  It's not really all that bad here today. I think being cooped up in the house in the AC for so damn long has contributed to my overall feelings of funk
                  We all feel better when we can spend some time outside in decent weather, right?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning...

Lav, I agree that sleep deprivation can effect everthing; emotionally, physically. I woke up way to early this morning, only getting about 6 and a 1/2 hours sleep, so I will be tired as I work till 8 pm. I try to take little 12-15 minute refreshers, where I deep breathe, progressively relax, then suggest I am refreshed. It usually work and gives me a boost to get through the day. I think something to look forward to is necessary for all of us. Do you have a relative you can go and visit? A favorite cousin or old friend? I want to do something fun and inexpensive this fall. Just get a way for a time. You asked why people are so insensitive? One, I think general knowledge of allergy to alcohol is not recognized. Two, people are stupid and cruel. I know this is not a nice thing to say but it is honest. Just as some enjoy doing mean and evil things. They are not crazy or sick, just choose to be mean and evil. I think of when my dad quit drinking 40 years ago, my mom was totally supportive; no more parties, AA meetings daily then several times a week for 20 years, protective and loving. She was intelligent and kind, making sure to be a supportive partner. Sometimes this does not happen and it makes it hard. I admire you so much for your efforts, you are a wonderful person.

Dill, I agree with you that activitiy is the best panacea for mood fluctuations. Just do something!!! I always find that getting out of the house, exercise, nature, calling someone, doing something positive helps. Your weather sounded even better than mine! 57 degrees this morning. Beautiful. That apple picking sounded fun. I am enjoying every day, looking forward to fall.

What are your favorite things to do in the fall? Have a great day.

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning friends,

Some nice weather has finally arrived here as well, I am grateful
                      The AC is off for now, relieving that cooped up feeling a bit. I ended up with a good bit of work coming in yesterday so I'll be busy & distracted for a few days. And my daughter & granddaughter will be visiting today.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

spring september week 1

Hello all,
                        Lav, freezing apples is quite easy. You simply peel, core cut to the desired size you like and then freeze them. We also dip ours in fruit fresh so they don't turn brown. We have a gizmo that peels and cores and slices them all at once which is really handy at freezing time.

Star, fall is my favorite time of year. I like to go to the festivals that take place in the fall. This weekend there is a Corn Festival in a nearby town. We'll probably go. Thank you for sharing about your Dad and Mom. How wonderful that your mom gave your dad so much support. She sounds like she was a very loving person.

Yesterday we went to the Lake and took the boat out. Now that school is back in session there is hardly anyone on the lake during the week. It was an enjoyable little get-away. The sky was so blue and not a cloud to be seen! The water was calm. We brought out the floating chairs again.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

spring september week 1

morning everyone
                          Having a busy time with the grandson and he's being a big help with getting the eggs for me
                          and loves to water the plants ( or should I say drown them )
                          Hope everyone is good
                          loverly sunny day here to-day

Comment

spring september week 1

Good morning to all...

Dill, what a lovely day, floating on the lake. I love fall too. So glad I am off today, yesterday was just a crabby day at work. Not me, others, crabbing about petty things. Going to get my hair done, enjoy the lovely, perfect weather. Interesting info about freezing the apples. Now, do you just take them out and eat them as soon as they defrost or make apple crumble or something?

Lav, great you have work to do, AC off, enjoy.

Wittsend, greetings.

To all, have a great day.

Comment

spring september week 1

Greetings friends

Hello Witts, Dill, Star, Rusty & everyone!

More work this morning then off to Curves then on to meet my daughter at Longwood Gardens this afternoon. It's supposed to be a sunny 72 degrees ALL DAY

Have a terrific AF day everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

spring september week 1

Hi All,

Star, after freezing, the apples can only be used in pies, cobblers, etc., sauce or fried apples. They lose their texture and can't be eaten as "fresh". But they are totally useful for cooking. On a different subject: have you ever read any Barbara Kingsolver books?

Hi Lav, I had a blessed break from g-kids today. Tonight tho we have the baby while son and G-son go on an end-of-season camping night.

Hi Witts, any new planting news? All fall and harvest here....

xxxx
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X